Sign in to follow this  
Guest MacMuffin

New After Sales Tools

Guest MacMuffin
Well, Mac, I'm not seeing it. Is it my glasses or your programming that's at fault?

We are deferring those tasks in order to get Kenya up and going - once complete, it will be business as usual and we go back and work on the remaining enhancements. All of those requests have been noted and prioritized, but unfortunately we could not focus on what I previously said.

Guest MacMuffin
Can you please, please add the "Add to picked listed" below each auction, on the new order system as below

Rate the buyer | View Bids | Copy or Relist | Add to picked list

You change the preference per seller from 1-14 to allow them to choose between a combining period of one day to 14 days. Can you please consider another alteration. Add a zero(0) to the selection for no combining at all

We will look at the Pick List - this is not a high priority at the moment though. We discussed the combining period and agreed not to allow zero(0) - ie disabling of combining as this will result in no predictable order-processing timeframe and we really want to ensure that sellers ship out their items as soon as possible (and 14 days is more than sufficient - for me personally already way to long).

RISadler

I've used the new "tools" for a few sales now... in my humble opinion it doesn't work effectively, intuitively and efficiently. Sorry.

Guest MacMuffin
I've used the new "tools" for a few sales now... in my humble opinion it doesn't work effectively, intuitively and efficiently. Sorry.

Mind sharing how in your opinion those aspects could be improved? I would say that the majority of sellers are comfortable with the tools and they work very well for them (I think once the templating is in place in the next few months, one can consider this a full order management solution).

I do agree that the tools might be overwhelming at first for the occasional/low quantity seller, but for guys who used to manage a few hundred/thousand orders a week and used off-line tools such as order-sheets etc, this is a great addition.

I am curious to hear why the tools don't work for you.

RISadler

Mac, the biggest problem is that the new system dropped/hides certain aspects of the old system, e.g. the ability to search for sales more than a month back (now under "Advanced Search", etc.)

And lots of other tiny things... but don't sweat, we're human and can adapt.

RISadler

Bumping ...

Luckily the "Old Sales Page" is still with us, because the fact that the new pages does not tell if a buyer is currently bidding on other items is very frustrating!

Vinyl Lady Decals

Yes, I also noticed that.

It would be an improvement if this function was added to the new sales tool.

sungems
We will look at the Pick List - this is not a high priority at the moment though.

I also would like to have the add to picked list on th new sales tools

We are deferring those tasks in order to get Kenya up and going - once complete, it will be business as usual and we go back and work on the remaining enhancements. All of those requests have been noted and prioritized, but unfortunately we could not focus on what I previously said.

How far is the Kenya's site and how long before you start working on our site again?

Guest MacMuffin
How far is the Kenya's site and how long before you start working on our site again?

Kenya is up and running and we will continue now with enhancements we deferred.

sungems
Kenya is up and running and we will continue now with enhancements we deferred.

Congrats on your Kenya site.

Except for the previous discussed changes or additions could you please, please have a look at the following in the invoice structure?

I have a couple and I really mean a bundle of situations where we experienced the following problems

1. The buyer do not understand the amount provided for shipment at the end of the invoice, some just do not understand and some thought combining still need to be added to this amount. Could you please separate the combining fees from the shipment fees and have at least two entries at the bottom: one for shipment and an additional entry for combining fees. I would prefer an additional column but just a separate entry will suffice. This is a real big problem experienced with experienced buyers and newbies.
  2. Then the “correct invoice” is another mayor problem. We continuously have buyers to whom we need to send an invoice, either to indicate the combining fee per auction separate from the shipment fee but mostly because buyers do have more than one order that they want combined (we already changed our combining preference to 14 days) but still have buyers completing it themselves in shorter time frames then request it to be combined in one parcel therefore requesting a combined invoice.

We also do have buyers buying a number of items then decide to exchange it for something else, therefore bidding on the new item/s but then we need to exclude those auctions originally agreed to left out on an invoice. There are a number of other reasons we also need to give some buyers an invoice that for some reason is not the same as that on the order.

I now know that there will be a lot of arguments going around. “This will have an open invitation for sellers that want to include items/charges that BOB do not agreed upon/allow”

This on the contrary will not as BOB will be able to view this in a dispute/complaint, but sellers want to be dishonest will ONLY want to use the normal email system where BOB will not be able to view what they communicate.

I do not want to use any other message method than BOB’s messaging system but as we constantly need to send some invoices that is not the same as on bob’s orders we need to use standard email to get the invoice to the buyer. Therefore we need to look at different places to find all correspondences where it is very convenient to have it all under the profile on BOB’s system

Is there any possibility where you can write an additional future where we can choose the auctions to be included in one invoice that will automatically still add the combining structure and prompts chosen by the buyer or at least have to be able to include an attachment to the message - then we can still create the invoice on any format of our choice, create a j.peg/adobe file, excel doc or what ever and attach the invoice to BOB’s message.

This system is really a pleasure working with, the admin we need to do is far, far less than before as 80% of our previous admin is now included in this system and take less than 50% of the time to complete. The only mayor problem we do have that is not addressed yet, is the fact that we still need to make use of normal emails to get the revised/correct invoice to the buyer, if this is solved

qball

Regarding setting up statuses - who would be in favour of setting up automated messages to go out when you select a particular status. So, for e.g. when you are ready to ship the order, your status could change to Item Ready to ship, this will then send an update to the buyer via the system - you would be able to put a brief message notification on that status... this may give the buyer an idea of how far their order is in the process...

Your thoughts?

kyle2

Great Idea, as a buyer and a seller, I think this would be a great tool, as a buyer it would re-assure me that there was movement on my purchase.

voldermort

I have seen this either on Loot or Take a Lot & it is excellent idea.

Seeds for Africa

Very good idea. Ebay have something similar and it works very well.

Asha Craft

Not sure about the automated message, because I sometimes click too quickly and then choose the wrong status.....

However we have been waiting a very long time for status messages that we can choose from and edit (for example a generic tracking nr and postage details message, and then only add the individual tracking number) and then manually choose "SEND" to send the message to the buyer.

Cali Craft and Gems

I think it is a good idea - especially for those sellers' who don't really have the time to send an "in process" email to each and every buyer! This should alleviate a lot of unnecessary emails / queries from buyers - example: "I paid yesterday, where is my parcel?" like I received earlier today despite our shipping dates being listed!

Vinyl Lady Decals

I like the idea, I will just need to not be quite so quick to click on a button because sometimes I click on the wrong one and need to change it.

RAG Auctioneers

Sounds awesome.

We currently do not use the messenger feature much. Do messages get emailed to buyers?

Mustlovebooks

Brilliant idea! Thanks Cuan.

lilythepink
Sounds awesome.

We currently do not use the messenger feature much. Do messages get emailed to buyers?

Once you've used the message service you will continue to use it. It makes informing buyers so much easier and, yes, your messages to the buyer are saved and can be referred to by BoB staff in case of a dispute.

Fashion Police
Regarding setting up statuses - who would be in favour of setting up automated messages to go out when you select a particular status. So, for e.g. when you are ready to ship the order, your status could change to Item Ready to ship, this will then send an update to the buyer via the system - you would be able to put a brief message notification on that status... this may give the buyer an idea of how far their order is in the process...

Your thoughts?

This is a brilliant idea, very beneficial!

From when will this take effect?

Guest MacMuffin

Adding to Cuan's comments - we will schedule work for the following:

- In the current message dialog you will be able to pick a message template (saves you from retyping & copy/pasting the same thing over again)

- Where you currently define your statuses, you will be able to attach a message template to a status (either "None" or whatever you define)

If you change the status to a status which has a message template associated, an email with the message templates content will be mailed to the buyer and recorded in your message history.

RAG Auctioneers

Awesome idea guys.

Virgotec

Sounds great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When, when, when????????????

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Hi

I presume it will be pre-defined messages and we will not be able to edit them.

If so do you not perhaps require input from sellers as to what we would like these messages to be?

neil