Sign in to follow this  
Guest MacMuffin

New After Sales Tools

brands online

Dunno, if this belongs here, but a big THUMBS UP to Mac and the team for the visual enhancements (buttons, etc) that have been springing up all day. Ta!!!:cool:

Guest MacMuffin
Dunno, if this belongs here, but a big THUMBS UP to Mac and the team for the visual enhancements (buttons, etc) that have been springing up all day. Ta!!!:cool:

Nope - does not belong here --- those buttons are only for buyers ;)

I hope you guys like it. This was one of my pain points and I think the checkout process now looks much cleaner and we should have less drop-off from buyers.

mike

one item title displayed on order summary

The sales page has been modified to display 1 item title in each order summary section.

For multiple item orders the title line also includes a brif summary of the number of other auctions or products in the order.

We realise this does not give a full description of the products in an order - the detail view does that. But some sellers advised even one item title on the order tends to help identify and differentiate between orders. And for sellers with mostly single item orders it is more useful again.

For multi-item BuyNow orders the title is from the first item in the list.

For multi-item auction orders the title is from the first auction placed in the order - so it will not change as more auctions get added to the order.

mike

Also although with SNC and disputes BOB can now see a lot of correspondences from the seller they also still not know what the buyer send to the seller

It would be very cool if complete record of all conversations can be on one spot (the BOB system) the buyer would then need to send their request/question via BOB as well.

Is there any way this would be possible? Bob will then just as they inform the buyer of a message from the seller inform the seller of an message from the buyer (and if possible a direct link to get to that order to send the buyer a message back

Hmmm... this is a tricky one. We had the same thoughts at bidorbuy.

We agree, it would be great if all the buyer and seller conversation was recorded against the order for an easy permanent record for both seller and buyer.

However the highest priority for us and we think for sellers, is that it is very easy for buyers to communicate with you after the sale. If they can contact you then that gives you both the best chance to clarify any issues and conclude your sale.

So the emails that we generate from your messages appear to come from you so the buyer can quickly reply from their email program. As I think you realise - when the buyer emails you directly the bidorbuy system is not aware of it so can't capture that email.

From your emails we could try to direct them back to bidorbuy to login and reply on a message system like you have - but as that is slower and more cumbersome we think the risk is we would discourage communication. In general buyers are more likely to be responding to emails - rather than sitting logged into bidorbuy managing things from there in the same way bigger sellers do.

mike

Seller controlled auction combining period

As many sellers are aware, the bidorbuy system now adds multiple auctions won by the same buyer into one 'order' for up to 7 days after the order was first created, after which additional auctions are added to a new order.

Following requests on this forum thread we have added an option for sellers to specify their own period for combining auctions into an order.

The default is still 7 days. But sellers can specify an alternative between 1 and 14 days.

The option is avilable from a new 'Preferences' tab at the top of the Sales page.

sungems
As many sellers are aware, the bidorbuy system now adds multiple auctions won by the same buyer .........................

The default is still 7 days. But sellers can specify an alternative between 1 and 14 days.

The option is avilable from a new 'Preferences' tab at the top of the Sales page.

Thanks a lot I changed mine already

Can you please inform us how long it will take before the template messages will be implemented? How many templates will be allowed per seller and the characters allowed per template?

mike

Can you please inform us how long it will take before the template messages will be implemented? How many templates will be allowed per seller and the characters allowed per template?

We are working on two improvements here;

Firstly we will increase the size of the messages you can send to 2000 characters. It is currently 1000 characters.

As part of that we feel we need to modify the message display on your Sales page so it only displays a limited amount of each message by default, but will display your whole message if you click a 'more' link. This is away to limit the amount of space large message use on a page - but still allow you to review a full message when you need to.

Then we plan to add templates to the messages interface - allowing you to store your owned canned responses. We intend to allow you to store a large number of responses if you need them. How many do you think you will need?

Those are the plans for now. Just be aware the details may change as we develop the facilities.

mike

Fixed downlaod format to stop Excel losing zeros

The one problem which we are having, is that excel takes away any leading zeros from the "Postal Code" column. This causes problems with printing invoices, postage slips, etc.

After this post we did some research and found Excel strips leading zeros off numbers in some circumstances. Not very helpful Mr Mircrosoft as this was messing up some post codes and phone numbers in your sales data.

So the download section of the Sales page has just been altered to give two options for each download.

One returns a CSV format modified for Excel so values with leading zeros should not get stripped.

The other returns a CSV format for other tools - which may not understand the special fix for Excel. Those tools probably do not strip the leading zeros anyway.

Little Miss Muffet

There is a question before mine

Why did these 3 sales not automatically combine on my sales page?

ID 24389941

lilythepink

Thanks to Mac and Mike - I have been able to set my preferences to one day for auctions. A wonderful feature.

mike
There is a question before mine

Why did these 3 sales not automatically combine on my sales page?

ID 24389941

Hi Geewhizz,

Yes, you have 2 orders from the same buyer, one with 3 items, and then another with only one all on 30th June. I had to have a close look at the dates and times to see what happened.

The buyer won 3 items at 11:58am and 11:59am.

Then at 15:21 (3:21pm) they 'completed' that order - i.e. they went through checkout. At that point our system considers the order is complete. We can't add any more items to it, as the buyer has completed it with shipping amounts calculated and set etc.

Then at 15:28 (3:28pm) - just 7 miniutes later they won another item. But too late to go in the completed order from before, so a new order was created for it.

Then the buyer completed checkout for that second order at 15:38 (3:38pm).

Unfortunately when we bundle items together in an order then let the buyer checkout the order we have to freeze it and make it final at that time. Amounts like shipping have been calculated, emails sent. In some cases they may even have paid online.

This case was a bit unlucky. A buyer doesn't checkout one order just before they win another auction very often.

We hope that most of the time the system automatically bundles orders in a way that streamlines things for buyer and seller. But we all know that sometimes we haven't bundled things in a way that exactly matches what you do in the 'real world'. We have to accept that as there are so many ways that things can vary as you fulfill your sales.

mike

The Sales page has been changed to allow messages up to 2000 characters. It was previously 1000 characters.

Also the default display of long messages truncates them to display just the first 5 lines or 200 characters. If a message is initially truncated there is a 'more' link to quickly display the full message.

That change is so the take up less room on the page be default - but are still available for review.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Mike and the team

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.

Now I don't have to sound like a Sergeant-Major issuing orders in my postage messages.

RAG Auctioneers

Hey guys.

I remember reading it somewhere, but dont know if it was implemented or not.

Will a symbol appear to warn us if the buyer changes his delivery address?

mike
Hey guys.

I remember reading it somewhere, but dont know if it was implemented or not.

Will a symbol appear to warn us if the buyer changes his delivery address?

No that hasn't been implemented.

At this stage we are focusing on templates for messages.

sungems
We are working on two improvements here;

Then we plan to add templates to the messages interface - allowing you to store your owned canned responses. We intend to allow you to store a large number of responses if you need them. How many do you think you will need?

I would like 6-7: I use standard emails/messages to send the buyers the following mails:

1. Congrats of winning

2. How to complete the order (this is important as about 50% of buyers do ask us banking details and when informed it/were will be provided at the end of the order they need extensive detail how to do it, or how to get to it again after the order were completed

3. 1st payment reminder

4. 2nd payment reminder

5. Thanks for payment

6. Postage and tracking number

7. Reminder to rate the sale

8. and maybe another for future needs

Your guys and girls are doing wonders there; it is really a pleasure doing some of our admin (that were a pain to do before) on the system and generally working on the system now

Guest MacMuffin
I would like 6-7: I use standard emails/messages to send the buyers the following mails:

1. Congrats of winning

2. How to complete the order (this is important as about 50% of buyers do ask us banking details and when informed it/were will be provided at the end of the order they need extensive detail how to do it, or how to get to it again after the order were completed

3. 1st payment reminder

4. 2nd payment reminder

5. Thanks for payment

6. Postage and tracking number

7. Reminder to rate the sale

8. and maybe another for future needs

Your guys and girls are doing wonders there; it is really a pleasure doing some of our admin (that were a pain to do before) on the system and generally working on the system now

With putting templating in place we will obivously introduce features where common placeholders (such as buyers/sellers details, order specifics etc) can be defined in your template and will be automatically translated.

For example, your template "Dear ${buyer.firstname}, thanks for buying from ${seller.id}. Kind regards ${seller.firstname}" would translate into

"Dear Mary, thanks for buying from sungems1. Kind regards, Jill".

Other than our "system-placeholders" would there be a need for "seller-defined" placeholders and if so, can you give us some examples?

sungems

We: The sellers have been complaining and asking different futures for quite some time (months and years). You listened and created this new system just for us. I want to give all of you working so hard to get it up and running and how have endured our complaints for so long, a huge hug.

I did not think of ‘seller defined’ placeholders yet but do have a couple of suggestions for the system defined fields. Not just our name but our user name as well. Prompts can also be a field that can be used.

You can also include the auction detail and those already won and included in the order by the time the mail is sent can be included in the message as well.

I noticed once that Cali Craft did have her posting dates included in her shipping section or payment section. (I think it is brilliant) Won’t there be a possibility that you can include an additional section/field in/near/at the shipping info. Here we can maybe add the next 4-10 posting dates we intent to post. We just update it as the previous posting day passed. (you can even have a calendar where the buyer just select the dates (far in advance) and as the date passed the system automatically update the posting dates to reflect the next posting 4-6 dates. These posting dates (or at least some of the next upcoming dates, 2-4) can then also be a defined field where we inform the buyer what the next posting dates would be

It were also mentioned somewhere else but if we do have an field, on its own, where the tracking number can be inserted, this can be a defined field as well, then we would not even need to alter some mails as it is send with the info already in place as a placeholder

I also asked for 8 templates but did realize I need two more; We constantly need to send buyers a brief info of how to track their parcels. Although we do send them the speed service/ post office website tracking link AND the number to call, they just don’t know how to do it we need to explain to them step by step how to do it.

And the other mail we need to send time and time again is when they ask for our banking detail. We do provide the bank details but also explain to them for future know how, how to complete the purchase/order and/or if already completed how to get to the banking details again. Our shipping details and banking detail can also be a placeholder field.

I also wanted to resend some messages as the same info is requested time after time. Would there be a possibility that we can send a new message that read: Please refer to our mail send to you on xx/xx/2010 (then we can just click on that message already send and it will be included in the new message). This will work well for 2nd payment reminders as well.

Wow !!!!!!!! I have a lot to say every time, please forgive me, but this is what I do. I do work out solutions for problems and when I start I can not stop. One idea leads to another and to another. Use what is doable and through away the rest.

Guest MacMuffin

:o - that was my look when I read "We: The sellers..." - it sounded like a ransom-note - lol.

Sungems1 - We have decided today to put the templating on the back-burner as we have now spent a significant amount of time (almost 3 months) to work on seller tools (alongside some smaller initiatives).

With the current messaging system in place, sellers have a workable solution (although a bit "clunky" having to copy and paste) but it is an huge improvement comparing to what was in place in April this year.

Having said that, we believe that the templating is a great idea, but as it goes with any business, one has limited resources, staffing and time and we need to now focus on some key projects we sidelined for quite some time.

The templating requires unfortunately more time/resources than we currently have available, but we will revisit that functionality in September.

Cali Craft and Gems

In response to Sungems - we revise our calendar weekly and update our "shipping info" each time a shipping date has passed. We also leave other important information in this block that could be of importance to the buyer.

We find that this is a great way to inform potential (and current) buyers of when our shipping dates are so that they can complete their purchases in time.

It takes a bit of remembering to update every time, but once you've got that habit started, it helps a lot! For buyers who have paid, they can see at a glance when the next dates are, and for new buyers they can see that we send out parcels frequently with minimum "waiting" periods.

And to the BoB team - great work peeps! :P

RAG Auctioneers

It would be useful if the 'Note to seller' is emailed to the seller, because we miss many important notes...it is easily missed, especially when you have lots of orders a week.

sungems
It would be useful if the 'Note to seller' is emailed to the seller, because we miss many important notes...it is easily missed, especially when you have lots of orders a week.

Yes I agree, we also do not go to the order except when paid for it or only when it is time to remind the buyer of long over due unpaid auctions

sungems

Not sure if this belong here:

Can you please, please separate the combining fee form the shipment fee in two separate entries on the order. I do have 90% of new buyers asking me why the shipment is all of a sudden more expensive than what were provided on the auction. When explaining to them it is not just shipment, the combining fees is added to this amount they do understand but we first need to explain it to them. Some buyers think they need to pay this shipment fee on the order and still need to add the combining fee.

Also I needed to explain this to a couple of buyers not just one: The wording “each additional item” that is provided on the shipping section when the seller did have his/her shipping loaded for auto shipment calculation be the system. I clearly knew what this mean, most buyer know what this mean but newbie’s don’t, they only knew the term combining fee. Can’t this for there benefit be changed to something like: Combining fee for this item, or, when combining auctions this amount will be added to your sale. Or anything like this. Or a header stating: When combining the highest shipment is payable and on the additional auctions the combining fee will be added to the shipment fee (or if you do decide to create an additional entry line for the combining fees: added to your order)

tipisa

Can you please, please add the "Add to picked listed" below each auction, on the new order system as below

Rate the buyer | View Bids | Copy or Relist | Add to picked list

You change the preference per seller from 1-14 to allow them to choose between a combining period of one day to 14 days. Can you please consider another alteration. Add a zero(0) to the selection for no combining at all

RISadler
Hi, I have a buyer that won an item on auction last night and has sent me a mail asking if he can wait until the other auctions he is winning close to save on shipping...Where do I find the auctions he is winning so that I can close them early for him?

This is unfortunately not available on the new interface and is on our list of fixes we will do over the next 5-10 days.

Well, Mac, I'm not seeing it. Is it my glasses or your programming that's at fault?