Sign in to follow this  
Guest MacMuffin

New After Sales Tools

Guest MacMuffin
The buyers (altered/new) delivery address is NOT being carried over to the printed invoice which we use to pack and ship the order. We received an email from bidorbuy confirming that orangegrapes has placed an order for the auction she won. Her new delivery address is in the email as well as on the sales pages. This means that the buyer must have updated her delivery address before completing the order on bidorbuy, yet when printing the invoice it still shows her old delivery address.:confused:

Hi - this has been fixed last night and is now working as intended...

sungems
Thanks for all the valuable feedback and recommendations so far......

• Templating to allow sellers to predefine templates as messages. This should include tokens/placeholders where we will replace certain values - i.e. "Thank you for your order of '$itemtitle'" would translate into "Thank you for your order of 'Apple iPhone 4G, 32GB'" [low-priority / high-effort]

We will incrementally introduce the above features over the next days and weeks and we value your continued feedback and improvement suggestions.

We can create message templates to be sent to the buyer? I didn't know that. When and where is it done please? Thanks

There are no templates yet but in this thread on some of the earlier pages BOB did mention they are looking into it and will implement it. How many templates for predefined messages I don’t know but I hope it can be at least 5

Asha Craft

Mr. MacMuffin...

Two tiny problems: (low priority, but a necessity!)

Nr.1: When a buyer has not completed the order there is a yellow warning triangle displayed... But then when a payment is made and the amount happens to differ from the order amount, it still shows a yellow warning triangle. VERY CONFUSING!

Could you please change one of the icons? Perhaps make the latter red? Or something to distinguish the two from one another.

Nr.2: Please, pretty please, swop the "Buyers UserId, Alias, Email or Name" search function on the main selling page with the "Item Id, or text in the Title or Product Code". The way it was for the past few years! Please, it's so annoying to keep searching for a buyer by their username, only to find you typed it into the product code search block.....

If you can do that I won't complain about the New AST again, promise! :D;)

Tnx,

Amanda

Guest MacMuffin

Nr.2: Please, pretty please, swop the "Buyers UserId, Alias, Email or Name" search function on the main selling page with the "Item Id, or text in the Title or Product Code". The way it was for the past few years! Please, it's so annoying to keep searching for a buyer by their username, only to find you typed it into the product code search block.....

If you can do that I won't complain about the New AST again, promise! :D;)

And now we are all waiting if it is a Myth or truth and the Quit complaining really applies ;)

BTW: Do avoid the scenario "men selectively listen and I have ignored point 1" - the two icons are valid as it tells you as the seller that the buyer has not completed the order (although payment was made). I would think that the buyer EFTed directly to you - or? It will be helpful (for BoB and the buyers) that sellers also help buyers to complete their orders. We will rework the order completion process for buyers (and have done some subtle work already), as the order-completion process is not very transparent to buyers. (In short, we don't want to remove the two icons, as they present a valid state of the order and the payment process).

Little Miss Muffet

I complained about this a while back. It does not affect me anymore because I know the user name must go in the middle block but 100,000 of users will get confused. Took me 24hrs to realize it and lots of frustration.Grrrr

Guest MacMuffin
I complained about this a while back. It does not affect me anymore because I know the user name must go in the middle block but 100,000 of users will get confused. Took me 24hrs to realize it and lots of frustration.Grrrr

And now you are worse off, because it is back where it used to be ;)

Little Miss Muffet

Whatever!!!

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi MacMuffin

I just feel the need to say thanks so much again for the hard work you and the team have been doing in improving the site.:D:D:D

I am really impressed with all the changes you have made and the new format has definitely cut down the workload for most sellers. It takes me about an hour to do my bookkeeping at month-end as opposed to days.

There may be some sellers who don't sell high volumes of items that aren't happy with the the changes:o, but for those of us that sell more than 100 items a month, this tool is really assisting in the management of the whole sales and order process.

Especially for those sellers that rely on Excel.

Anybody who is au fait with the basic functions of Excel can incorporate this system very easily with little trouble.

Thanks again, you guys are great.:D

Guest MacMuffin
Hi MacMuffin

I just feel the need to say thanks so much again for the hard work you and the team have been doing in improving the site.:D:D:D

Thanks for the compliments, I have passed it on to the team. I looked at your account and you are using the tools as we had expected.

One question (and I have been chasing this for some time) - if you look at your messages to the buyer (i.e. order 3100499) - the section "My bank details are.. " you will notice a strange looking character before the 3/4 - can you give me more info on from where you copy & paste that from as I would like to get this fixed?

Vinyl Lady Decals

One question (and I have been chasing this for some time) - if you look at your messages to the buyer (i.e. order 3100499) - the section "My bank details are.. " you will notice a strange looking character before the 3/4 - can you give me more info on from where you copy & paste that from as I would like to get this fixed?

I have all my emails / messages set up in Word, I'm still using Word 2003.

Any special character causes this behaviour, even things like - or :, so I've edited my proformas so that I avoid using any special characters. It would be great if this little glitch could be fixed.

If I can ask one tiny favour, would it be possible to give us 1200 characters for our messages.

My postage message needs alot of info for the buyer and I'm finding it more like giving orders in order to keep in within the 1000 character limit. I would rather be a little friendlier.

Vinyl Lady Decals

If I can make another suggestion that I think many sellers will agree with:

Would it be possible to block a buyer from paying via BobPay credit or EFT once an SNC is filed against them. (Only for that particular item)

This will stop alot of problems for sellers who have relisted the item after terms weren't adhered to and then the buyer suddenly decides to pay.

Of course, it won't stop the buyers from paying directly into bank accounts, but at least it will cut down on these type of problems.

Little Miss Muffet
Hi MacMuffin

I am really impressed with all the changes you have made and the new format has definitely cut down the workload for most sellers. It takes me about an hour to do my bookkeeping at month-end as opposed to days.

There may be some sellers who don't sell high volumes of items that aren't happy with the the changes:o, but for those of us that sell more than 100 items a month, this tool is really assisting in the management of the whole sales and order process.

Especially for those sellers that rely on Excel.

Anybody who is au fait with the basic functions of Excel can incorporate this system very easily with little trouble.

Thanks again, you guys are great.:D

Is excel a way of keeping record of your expenses or??

My husband does my tax and keeps at me about recording all expenses i.e.petrol,commission,costing out stock etc. so that if the taxman wants proof I have a record.

Buying collectors items privately and then selling them on Bob I would have to keep a record of each item etc etc. I find this far too time consuming and most times cant remember where I bought the items as I dont always get to them straight away. I mean I would have to record everything---simple I dont have the time.

What is the best thing to do.

Vinyl Lady Decals
Is excel a way of keeping record of your expenses or??

My husband does my tax and keeps at me about recording all expenses i.e.petrol,commission,costing out stock etc. so that if the taxman wants proof I have a record.

Buying collectors items privately and then selling them on Bob I would have to keep a record of each item etc etc. I find this far too time consuming and most times cant remember where I bought the items as I dont always get to them straight away. I mean I would have to record everything---simple I dont have the time.

What is the best thing to do.

Yes, I keep a list of all expenses in Excel, and the income I get from the exported list from BoB which I compare to my bank statement to balance the two.

I use the following system to keep all my slips under control:

Once I've made any business-related purchase, I glue the slips onto an A4 sheet as they come in which ends up being in date order. At month-end I read all th expenses into my excel spreadsheet and make notes on the bank statement printouts where appropriate to indicate the relevant expenses (cross-reference). I have columns for the various regular expenses I have, (eg. postage, packaging, stamps, bank charges) and the payee is the supplier (shop name, etc). Each column total then goes into an income and expenditure summary at month end.

I then compare all the income on the spread sheet to the bank statements and reference order numbers where there aren't any. I order the spreadsheet according to payment received date so that it is similar to the bank statement. The spreadsheet also has columns for the various types of income, items that are sold, interested earned, etc. These column totals are then entered into the income and expenditure summary.

Subtract the expenses from the income and you have your monthly profit. Giving the income and expenditure summary to the tax consultant is then very simple.

This method also helps to keep track of exactly what is happening, whether there is a profit or loss.

If you want more help, contact me via pm and I can send you blank spreadsheets to get you going.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Macmuffin and the BoB Team

Thank you so much for the extra statusses we can set up.

This is going to make my job even easier.:D:D:D

You guys are super-awesome.

Guest MacMuffin

This is going to make my job even easier.:D:D:D

I cant believe you just did that :o

Vinyl Lady Decals
I cant believe you just did that :o

He He He:D

My flatmate was wondering what I was whooping about.

She thinks I'm nuts.

Vinyl Lady Decals

This system is really great.

I normally send out reminders twice a week for payment and discovered to my surprise that I only had two reminders to send out.:o

All my other outstanding orders have either already been paid or they are very recent.

It looks like this is really going to help in getting buyers to be more conscientious about payment which will cut down on SNC's filed, Bobpay fees refunded, etc.:D

In the past I had an average of 10% of orders that were not paid for, but it looks like this system is tightening up on everybody's discipline. Buyers behave better and sellers do too.:D

Exactly what we all need.

Great stuff!!!

mike

You can now add additional order statuses - as Tananka and a few other 'early adopters' have realised.

Click the 'edit statuses' link when setting a status on an order or on the advanced search page adjacent to your statuses. It's pretty self explanatory, but you can now add or remove a statuses and change their colours. As before you can also edit their titles and decide whether they lock auction orders.

Just note that if you delete a status that you previously set on orders, then those orders will be reset to 'no status'.

mike
This system is really great.

I normally send out reminders twice a week for payment and discovered to my surprise that I only had two reminders to send out.:o

All my other outstanding orders have either already been paid or they are very recent.

It looks like this is really going to help in getting buyers to be more conscientious about payment which will cut down on SNC's filed, Bobpay fees refunded, etc.:D

In the past I had an average of 10% of orders that were not paid for, but it looks like this system is tightening up on everybody's discipline. Buyers behave better and sellers do too.:D

Exactly what we all need.

Great stuff!!!

That is an interesting effect Tananka, because not much has changed for buyer - except the messages you send via the new facility.

So just to help our understanding;

Why do you think it has cut down on the number of reminders you need to send?

Is it because you are using the new message facility to proactively talk advise buyers?

Or do you think it is it something else?

tipisa
Hi MacMuffin

I just feel the need to say thanks so much again for the hard work you and the team have been doing in improving the site.

I am really impressed with all the changes you have made and the new format has definitely cut down the workload for most sellers. ..............Thanks again, you guys are great.

We agree this is nice to work with and helped us with the admin and tracking of how far the sales are

If I can ask one tiny favour, would it be possible to give us 1200 characters for our messages.

My postage message needs alot of info for the buyer and I'm finding it more like giving orders in order to keep in within the 1000 character limit. I would rather be a little friendlier.

We agree we are blunt and to the point, we sound to unattached more characters would be nice

This is going to make my job even easier.

Did not start using the extras but it is great and will definately use them

Now we just need the templates at the messages. Looking forward to this

The system is really working better and we can also complete the sales and after sales a lot quicker, tracking of sale status is on the ball and we already done away with some of the other record keeping we needed to do

mike

When a buyer has not completed the order there is a yellow warning triangle displayed... But then when a payment is made and the amount happens to differ from the order amount, it still shows a yellow warning triangle. VERY CONFUSING!

Could you please change one of the icons?

Tnx,

Amanda

Good suggestion thanks Amanda. New icons added today.

Red exclamation icon where an auction order has not been checked out (not completed) by the buyer.

Shopping cart icon where an auction order has been checked out by the buyer.

The original yellow exclamation icon is still used where the shipping amount or payment amount may not be what you expect.

Vinyl Lady Decals
That is an interesting effect Tananka, because not much has changed for buyer - except the messages you send via the new facility.

So just to help our understanding;

Why do you think it has cut down on the number of reminders you need to send?

Is it because you are using the new message facility to proactively talk advise buyers?

Or do you think it is it something else?

Hi, Mike, I have always sent an initial contact email and then 3 reminders before filing an SNC. I think I am getting a better response because the reminders are going through BoBs system and buyers cant say they didnt get them as BoB has a record of it

Vegar

I am making very good use of the new message system - absolutely wonderful to have all my sent e-mails right next to all the buyer info!

I have not seen what the Bob e-mail looks like but I agree it carries more weight coming from the Bob system and there being a record Bob can access in case of a dispute.

:D

sungems
I am making very good use of the new message system - absolutely wonderful to have all my sent e-mails right next to all the buyer info!

I have not seen what the Bob e-mail looks like but I agree it carries more weight coming from the Bob system and there being a record Bob can access in case of a dispute.

:D

We are making use of it as well; the only small hick-up we experience is when the buyer still sends their request/question via normal email. If we need to reply it is easier just to do it via email as well as we are on that spot resulting in different places of correspondence or we need to get online find the buyer and respond via the message system

Also although with SNC and disputes BOB can now see a lot of correspondences from the seller they also still not know what the buyer send to the seller

It would be very cool if complete record of all conversations can be on one spot (the BOB system) the buyer would then need to send their request/question via BOB as well.

Is there any way this would be possible? Bob will then just as they inform the buyer of a message from the seller inform the seller of an message from the buyer (and if possible a direct link to get to that order to send the buyer a message back

SProducts
We are making use of it as well; the only small hick-up we experience is when the buyer still sends their request/question via normal email. If we need to reply it is easier just to do it via email as well as we are on that spot resulting in different places of correspondence or we need to get online find the buyer and respond via the message system

Also although with SNC and disputes BOB can now see a lot of correspondences from the seller they also still not know what the buyer send to the seller

It would be very cool if complete record of all conversations can be on one spot (the BOB system) the buyer would then need to send their request/question via BOB as well.

Is there any way this would be possible? Bob will then just as they inform the buyer of a message from the seller inform the seller of an message from the buyer (and if possible a direct link to get to that order to send the buyer a message back

I fully agree here. If there could be a link to respond so they can respond directly and be taken to Bidorbuy to write their note.

I had a buyer who replied to the email from Bidorbuy with tracking number, they were asking for a tracking number when it was on the email they received.

Sipho