Sign in to follow this  
Guest MacMuffin

New After Sales Tools

Little Miss Muffet
Someone mentioned that we can include the tracking number so that it can be seen by Bob. How do we do this? Cant find the option.

Another thing that is bothering me is when I wanted to look up a buyers name no matter how long ago a transaction took place we could type the users name in the box provided under "All sales" now it does not show unless it is current.

Quote. Please answer

digitalgheko
Someone mentioned that we can include the tracking number so that it can be seen by Bob. How do we do this? Cant find the option.

Another thing that is bothering me is when I wanted to look up a buyers name no matter how long ago a transaction took place we could type the users name in the box provided under "All sales" now it does not show unless it is current.

Hi,

As far as I'm aware; the 'auto-insert-tracking-code-here' functionality is still under review.

As for the buyer look-up; I'll have a look into this for you.

Thanks

~DG

Little Miss Muffet
Hi,

As far as I'm aware; the 'auto-insert-tracking-code-here' functionality is still under review.

As for the buyer look-up; I'll have a look into this for you.

Thanks

~DG

Many thanks

brands online

Dunno, if this belongs here, but the link to edit your item immediately after you click list the item is not working. It gives you an error, something about clasifieds blah blah. Please check and correct. thanks guys

digitalgheko
Dunno, if this belongs here, but the link to edit your item immediately after you click list the item is not working. It gives you an error, something about clasifieds blah blah. Please check and correct. thanks guys

Hi there,

Yeah this has been noted and will be fixed during the course of today.

Thanks

~DG

Bead Mania Crafts

Question about the new system?

Probably sounds like a silly question but I was just wondering on the old system certain buyers had 2 postal addresses - here on the new system there is only 1 that reflects -

What happens now when the buyer wants the item to go to a specific address and it doesn't - just wondering about that because in the past we have been rated negatively regarding the 2 postal addresses issue?

brands online

Probably sounds like a silly question but I was just wondering on the old system certain buyers had 2 postal addresses - here on the new system there is only 1 that reflects -

What happens now when the buyer wants the item to go to a specific address and it doesn't - just wondering about that because in the past we have been rated negatively regarding the 2 postal addresses issue?

Yes please, would also like to know that as we have also had the same type of problem.

sungems

We actually would like to have the posting address where the order is(if it is not this address already). If it differs from his/her address on his profile it actually is irrelevant and we do not even need to know that address as we will not use it.

Guest MacMuffin

This is quite a valid question. The Sales Tools display the buyers delivery address as it is currently known. There is a possibility that if a order is not locked by a seller, that the delivery address can change if a buyer adds new items and subsequently decides to change the delivery address and completes an order. Let me illustrate:

1. First auction won – order created – order gets a copy of the buyers registered address as the delivery address
  2. Second auction won – added to order – no change to delivery address on the order
  3. If buyer now changed their registered address – the delivery address on the order would not change
  4. Third auction won – added to order – no change to delivery address on order
  5. If the seller processed the order now – they would use the original delivery address created at step 1
  6. But if buyer now checked out the order – then by default the delivery address of the order would be copied from the buyers registered address again – at checkout time
  7. Or during checkout the buyer could supply an alternative address to be used as the delivery address

I would think that this represents a problem for sellers if they prepare the shipping material/labelling up-front and as more items are added there is a chance that the buyer specifies a different address and the parcel goes out to the original address.

Do you think, that highlighting an address change in the order would help? Or do you experience completely different problems with this - please provide some more feedback on this...

Little Miss Muffet
Quote. Please answer

I bought something from a user over 2 months ago and still need to fetch the item. As he lives a way from me it so happens I am going that way today and I could not look up his phone number because typing in a user name that is not current no longer comes up.

Little Miss Muffet

Sorry quote as above paragraph 2

Guest MacMuffin

This has been fixed last night - for a detailed description view: http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/selling-bidorbuy/10353-search-functions-fixed-sales-page.html

sungems

Do you think, that highlighting an address change in the order would help? Or do you experience completely different problems with this - please provide some more feedback on this...

If BOB could not change something in the coding a small but not perfect idea for some sort of a solution would be that the seller send a message to the buyer that he/she is going to lock the order in 24 hours and especially if a change of address occurred since bidding on the first item he should please complete the order to reflect the new address.

Alternatively the system can be coded to only lock the order 24-60 (debatable) hours after the seller indicated the order to close. The system then automatically sends an email to the buyer indicating the address that will be used if the goods should be dispatched. If he prefer an alternative address he should complete the order immediately and the system provide a link to that specific order.

The only problem is when the buyer is unable to get to his/her pc due to illness, out of town or what ever reason the time limit can be problematic

You can also made a distinction between locking the order on all the statuses accept the last status that indicate "posted and completed" which will have the effect that all other statuses will lock the order and not allow any more auctions in that same order but will still allow the buyer to complete his side by checking the address, choosing the shipment method and choose prompts when available, but when the item is posted and the last status is selected the buyer will no longer be able to edit the order.

Cali Craft and Gems

Regarding the address issue - the automated email that is received by the seller when the buyer completes the order (selecting the postage option), shows the delivery address.

I do not rely on the online system. I get my information for the order from the email, then cross reference it with the online system and update the status accordingly. Then again, I do use a card system whereby each order / sale gets written up and is filed when the entire transaction is completed.

brands online

Cali, that's double work. Why not just have the new delivery address or a little Flashing note alert that indicates there is a change in adresss appear in the Buyer's Note. This will let the seller know to check delivery addresses. As it is, delivery addresses often need to be edited before thay can be printed. Some buyers just type their details in all random, and if you let it go like that, it's bound to get 'lost/misplaced/misdirected at SAPO.' That would be a great idea too. To standardise the format of addresses automatically so that the 'print' labels functions on the site can actually be used.

mike

Thanks again for all the feedback.

Just a clarification on the checkout and delivery address on auction orders.

When auctions close winning bids get automatically placed in a new order, or a recent existing order between the same buyer and seller (I won't discuss that again just now).

At that time the buyer has not run the order through 'checkout'. They may do that very quickly, or after some time, or may never do it - as you experienced sellers know. We can't force the buyer to do the checkout, although we do encourage them to.

The checkout process allows the buyer to confirm or modify their delivery address, and select shipping options or set the shipping amount, maybe respond to prompts if you set them up on an item, get a final amount, add a note to you the seller and maybe pay online.

That means with auction sales we have this tricky situation where the buyer may or may not have used our system to give sellers that latest checkout information – including the address.

So if the buyer has not completed the checkout we highlight that fact and display their registered address. With most buyers and sales that address will be the correct one and sellers can complete the sale anyway.

If a buyer does complete the checkout they have the opportunity to change the delivery address. Most of the time they don't.

This can be awkward for you as your comments show. But this situation has always existed and is not new with the latest changes. And it is not something we can solve on our system. We really need to let the buyer specify a different address, but also show you their registered address if they haven't completed checkout, in case that's all you will get from them.

At the moment we indicate whether or not an auction order has been checked out. But we don't highlight if the address was changed at checkout. Other feedback has noted the display is already quite complex - so we are cautious about adding too much more to it.

mike

Another clarification on 'locking' auction orders.

You may have seen that you can specify which if any of the statuses you use will lock an auction order.

If a status is set to lock an auction order then the bidorbuy system will not automatically add any more auctions from the same buyer to that order. Additional auctions would create another order.

But the buyer can still complete the 'checkout' for an order that has been locked. So they could still be making a shipping selection or specifying a different delivery address during checkout.

We have found in the past that preventing buyers from using the checkout to give you more information causes more problems than it solves.

brands online

Thanks mike, the new system should work just fine then. If I understand correctly, the address can only be changed if and when a buyer completes checkout. Once checkout is completed, the new address will be displayed alongside that order and if a buyer doesn't complete checkout, the only option is that the registered address will be displayed as there is no other address for the system to pick up. Am I correct in assuming this?

mike
Thanks mike, the new system should work just fine then. If I understand correctly, the address can only be changed if and when a buyer completes checkout. Once checkout is completed, the new address will be displayed alongside that order and if a buyer doesn't complete checkout, the only option is that the registered address will be displayed as there is no other address for the system to pick up. Am I correct in assuming this?

Yes that is correct and neatly put thanks brands online.

sungems
Another clarification on 'locking' auction orders.

You may have seen that you can specify which if any of the statuses you use will lock an auction order.

If a status is set to lock an auction order then the bidorbuy system will not automatically add any more auctions from the same buyer to that order. Additional auctions would create another order.

But the buyer can still complete the 'checkout' for an order that has been locked. So they could still be making a shipping selection or specifying a different delivery address during checkout.

We have found in the past that preventing buyers from using the checkout to give you more information causes more problems than it solves.

This then almost solve the posting address problem, sellers should then just be aware not to provide their banking detail when requested by the buyer per email, or include it in the standard first congratulations email. When a buyer request the banking details we should then just inform him to first try to complete the order and if it is a newbie explain to them how to complete it or inform them how to get to the banking details again after completing the order (90% of buyer do not know they can get the detail again on the order after it is complete).

Then it will force them to go through the process before he/she can arrange a payment.

This will just call for more templates at the message to buyer, then we can just recall the info instead of typing it out every time or have a separate document from where is need to be copied and pasted in the message

tipisa

Can we make a suggestion?

The note to seller is what we as seller need to inform ourselves what is/did happen to each auction/order/sale. This is at the bottom of the order making it necessary to scroll down each time. If you send 2-4 messages to a buyer it would be easier if it is positioned first and then the messages at the bottom. Can the two swop display position?.

Then I don’t know if it was mentioned earlier but can you add "Add to pick list" at each auction in the orders. If we need to relist a couple of auction that is not paid after a SNC it took quite a while to relist them separately.

tipisa

I have changed some auctions to yellow over the past days (for me it is partial payment, payment extension and payment receive waiting to be cleared by SA customs before posting in SA) Two of the yellow statuses have now been changed to green (completed) as well 3 additional orders with precious no statuses

Could you look into it?

When a quick search, last day, were done on the green statuses (for the 5 green changed now) none appear and when the search were extended for 1 week green option selection only the two that were previously yellow appear. I needed to do a search for the last month on green for all 5 to appear. On this search a bunch of old ones obviously also appeared

I search tracking numbers that were included in messages to the buyer and it worked perfectly. A nice future to have.

Seeds and All

The buyers (altered/new) delivery address is NOT being carried over to the printed invoice which we use to pack and ship the order. We received an email from bidorbuy confirming that orangegrapes has placed an order for the auction she won. Her new delivery address is in the email as well as on the sales pages. This means that the buyer must have updated her delivery address before completing the order on bidorbuy, yet when printing the invoice it still shows her old delivery address.:confused:

Guest MacMuffin
The buyers (altered/new) delivery address is NOT being carried over to the printed invoice which we use to pack and ship the order. We received an email from bidorbuy confirming that orangegrapes has placed an order for the auction she won. Her new delivery address is in the email as well as on the sales pages. This means that the buyer must have updated her delivery address before completing the order on bidorbuy, yet when printing the invoice it still shows her old delivery address.:confused:

Thanks for notifying us. This is a bug and we will fix it during the course of tomorrow.

brands online

This will just call for more templates at the message to buyer, then we can just recall the info instead of typing it out every time or have a separate document from where is need to be copied and pasted in the message

We can create message templates to be sent to the buyer? I didn't know that. When and where is it done please? Thanks