Sign in to follow this  
Guest MacMuffin

New After Sales Tools

RAG Auctioneers
BOB you are great. The new system is definitely very helpful and will be more than great in the admin department.

The only reason why it looks mixed up is; the new sales are added to the order in the wrong date range. They should have the date fix when it is first generated: Even if the buyer checks out the date should still be the date of the first sale/auction (within the order) Then we can clearly notice the oldest outstanding SALE/CLOSED AUCTION, currently it is all over the site. We do not want to know (within an order) when the last sale was made but the first as we need payment within a specific period since the FIRST unpaid sale were made/won.

Mike/MacMuffin can you please inform us if this is going to stay this way or are you busy working on changing it.

I am selling on SunGems1, my son and my husband are also each selling totally different items on their own user accounts and although sales are lately a little slow on my side, we are also selling quite a few per day and the new system definitely cater for sellers selling quite a few items rather for those selling not that much. It will definitely be very helpful for admin purposes. Sellers just need to get use to the new look.

But I would also vote to have both views available just to be able to see (if I want to) sales by date, and sales per user/buyer is also better on the old view, irrespective in what order each sale are grouped.

Yeah, the date should be fixed when the auction closes.

Our orders are also all over the place because late payers are only creating orders a week later.

Guest MacMuffin
Mike/MacMuffin can you please inform us if this is going to stay this way or are you busy working on changing it.

Hi - we will wait for some more feedback on it. We did discuss this internally as we developed and acknowledge that it might turn into one of those "one shoe does not fit all" discussions. As Mike stated in one of the earlier posts, we think that for large and small sellers it would be good to have any orders "trickle" to the top as more items are added.

We were worried that "burying" orders with their original creation date would be problematic for sellers who have several pages of orders and as such will not necessarily acknowledge that new sales have come in. With the "trickling-up" of the order we hoped to alert the seller in a subtle way that the order was modified/got additions.

If I look for example at sellers where we fit all orders on one page, I agree it makes sense to have a different view on the order sequence and we probably have to create a hybrid to show different views depending on the amount of orders (and pages displayed) or perhaps even look at making it an user option.

We are currently letting the "dust settle" and will release further enhancements probably towards the end of next week which will then include some rework on the statuses (more of them) and perhaps addressing this date concern.

At the moment we are only fixing bugs and don't want to introduce any big changes.

Little Miss Muffet
I tried to look up a user name on my sales last night.

I see the 3 blocks have been changed.

We used to enter the user name in the 3rd block now it is the second block.

Users do things automatically after doing it for a long time.

This is going to cause confusion. Why not leave it as it was before?

I happened to notice it but took 24hrs. 100,000 users on here becoming frustrated.

Can this be changed back to original way.??

lawrencerd

Hi guys just seen this and still trying to get to grips with it - like the ideas ofstatus buttons - but they really need to do something like send out a preset up mail with tracking number or something.

But please please please can we have the thumb nail back on the main menu - not the drop down menu - i need to see at a glance what i have sold, and with all these click don menus pulled down, the page can get quite confusing.

The person's name an address would help. I actually print his page when doing a big dispatch to make sure the right thing goes to the right person - and I do the dispatch from the kitchen not at my desk

Thanks Frank

tipisa
Hi - we will wait for some more feedback on it. We did discuss this internally as we developed and acknowledge that it might turn into one of those "one shoe does not fit all" discussions. As Mike stated in one of the earlier posts, we think that for large and small sellers it would be good to have any orders "trickle" to the top as more items are added.

We definitely also need the order date to be a fix date as the sales are closing. We need the ranking order to be: oldest sales listed last and not as it are displayed currently. We will as mentioned not be able to track efficiently what sales are due to be paid if it is listed in the beginning, either combined with newer sales or when the buyer eventually decide to complete the order.

(it might be best, if possible, to keep the original sales view as well just for those who need to see what have been sold the previous day, but what good will this new admin system of yours be if the payment due can not be tracked by date of sale therefore oldest sales are due for reminders or SNC's)

brands online
I feel that the new system is not user friendly at all. Everything is mixed up. Hard to see your actual sales for the day. When you click on sale for last 2 days. Auctions that ended weeks back are showing in your last 2 days sales.

The private notes as well as message to buyer is just great. But besides this I still prefer the old system as it was much easier to work with. It is very difficult to work with the new system especially if’ you’ve you got so many sales to manage. I’ve personally spoken to other regular seller on bidorbuy and they too prefer the old system over the new. It would be great if we could choose between which we prefer to use or even customize the way the should be.

I tried to look up a user name on my sales last night.

I see the 3 blocks have been changed.

We used to enter the user name in the 3rd block now it is the second block.

Users do things automatically after doing it for a long time.

This is going to cause confusion. Why not leave it as it was before?

I happened to notice it but took 24hrs. 100,000 users on here becoming frustrated.

I do agree with brands online, my sales screen looks an absolute mess with all these new addtions. Everything is all bunched together and not easy to see where one sale ends & the next begins.

When you are dealing with a lot of sales per week/month this is not a good thing.

I am actually finding it easier to go into Outlook Express & find names, addresses and so on from there.

I noticd that now it is showing when a buyer has bids on more than 1 item, however only if those bids are within the next 7 days.

I think there should be an option in place whereby a seller should be able to choose using this new system or staying with the old one.

Not to harp-on, but it does really seem like these new changes affect sellers with larger amounts of auctions in a more negative way than others. Change is I guess inevitable and again some of the tools are great but 3 or 4 mouse clicks for each order have now changed to 15 /16 at least. That's a considerable time difference on hundreds of orders.

It's also become harder to do any work offline.:(

luckybird

Question / Sugestion

Hi i started using this new system and I do like it allot, it offers much more than what came before however I have a query, I’m not sure if it has come up before.

You have a download sales report to CSV, is it at all possible to have a history report. items are left here for 2 or three months after that point they no longer show on the bid or buy system.

If we are using this for after sales, we would need a longer time especially since we have functionality like messages to clients and general correspondence. If am item for instance has a longer warranty and we only have the details of the transaction for 3 months it’s not long enough. Could you perhaps see in the future offering an expansion of the sales report to include the fields of the after sales section.

Thanks

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Suggestion

Hi mike/macmuffin

I am all for enhancements and progress-Small request is on new sales summary can we not have the address also as it was on old summary.At the moment we have to either print an invoice or work online when we need the address-extra paper and extra data time .If the address is printed under the buyer id on new sales summary it would solve this issue-Or alternatively can we not include this on the order summary-at the moment if you print order list there is no buyers name or any details referring to that buyer on that particular order-this would help if all details address etc were on here and then we could work off this document when despatching etc.

See what you can do

NEIL

ClickandShip

Hi, I have a buyer that won an item on auction last night and has sent me a mail asking if he can wait until the other auctions he is winning close to save on shipping...Where do I find the auctions he is winning so that I can close them early for him?

Guest MacMuffin
Hi, I have a buyer that won an item on auction last night and has sent me a mail asking if he can wait until the other auctions he is winning close to save on shipping...Where do I find the auctions he is winning so that I can close them early for him?

This is unfortunately not available on the new interface and is on our list of fixes we will do over the next 5-10 days.

Guest MacMuffin

Update and our summarised view / next steps

Thanks for all the valuable feedback and recommendations so far. I think everyone can agree that the new sales tools are a significant improvement over the old tools and provide sellers with some great enhancements (such as order status, messages to buyers)

Internally at BoB we had split the seller tools in a number of phases and phase1 (what you currently see) is completed. In the subsequent phases which we will start working on from next week, we have tabled the following items and we will discuss prioritization/development work on those next week:

• Preferences to define the number of statuses and enable/disable status - this should be custom to the user (i.e. we default 5 statuses with dummy text, but a user can very well choose to only work with 3 of those). [High-priority / high-effort]
  • We need to have a preference (similar to "listing-view" / "picture-view" on our trade-lists) where users can chose to display the classic view vs the new view. [High-priority / high-effort]
  • The classic view should work similar to the old sales page, but with some improvements from the new page. I don't believe we should replicate all functions of the new sales page into the classic view. [High-priority / high-effort]
  • We should look at auto-expanding all items into detailed view if the number of orders do not introduce pagination (also view a preference with default to collapsed) [Medium-priority / low-effort]
  • We should introduce alternate row colors as it is currently difficult to distinguish between orders [High-priority / low-effort]
  • We should have an option in the summarised-view to display the buyers address details - I don't necessarily agree with this, but there are quite a lot of sellers out there who currently print the old sales page and use it offline for their order management. The intention with the new sales tools was to improve seller productivity by not having them to work offline for the order-processing. I do agree with them however, that the use of the export function is cumbersome in comparison what they had before. Perhaps this feature can move into the classic view as this request comes mostly from sellers with low order volumes (and I would think those would be the same users, using the classic view). [Low-priority / medium-effort]
  • We need to introduce a mechanism for sellers to set a auto-completion time on orders. The current 7 days are great for the majority of sellers, but some sellers do want to accumulate items in orders beyond the 14 days. [Medium-priority / medium-effort]
  • We need to look at the order-date handling. A large number of sellers (especially the high-volume sellers) prefer the way we have done it, as older orders trickle to the top, reminding them to action/revisit those. Perhaps a preference (with the default being what we currently have) will resolve this - a seller can switch between "trickle-up / and update order-date based on latest items added" vs. a "stale-view / show order date based on first item added". [High-priority / medium-effort]
  • Add a text link to "buyer is winning/losing XX" in the new sales page (same as currently on old sales page) [High-priority / low effort]
  • We need to improve on our online help / video tutorials - thats something our category managers can work on and does not require tech input. We should also scan through the forum post again and then publish a frequently-answered questions (my concern is the new-seller drop-off by possibly being overwhelmed by the functionality and having no clear path for help/assistance) [High-priority / not tech-related]
  • Phase2-requirement: We need to look at the sales analytics functions - a valuable feature for sellers to measure sales performance. Something we don't yet have, but will be useful for sellers to promote items not performing well. [low-priority / high-effort]
  • Templating to allow sellers to predefine templates as messages. This should include tokens/placeholders where we will replace certain values - i.e. "Thank you for your order of '$itemtitle'" would translate into "Thank you for your order of 'Apple iPhone 4G, 32GB'" [low-priority / high-effort]

We will incrementally introduce the above features over the next days and weeks and we value your continued feedback and improvement suggestions.

Angeluv

Under Sales:

SalesAuctionBuy NowPersonal OfferPast 2 Days0 5

110.00 0 Past Week0 5

110.00 0 Past Month0 56

Can you please add 'TOTAL SALES' ?

so that we can see what our total sales is since we joined, it would be nice to know.

This is a bit whatever, but could you also look into also having 'TOTAL PROFIT', and adding a space where we list each item, to put in our cost price, then when we get an order, it automatically tells us how much our profit is on that order. I would like that, as i have to work it out in my head, if i want to know what my profit is.

Damahek

· Preferences to define the number of statuses and enable/disable status - this should be custom to the user (i.e. we default 5 statuses with dummy text, but a user can very well choose to only work with 3 of those). [High-priority / high-effort]

It would be nice to have up to 10 statuses for those how want that much and for those who need less, it can be disabled

· We need to introduce a mechanism for sellers to set a auto-completion time on orders. The current 7 days are great for the majority of sellers, but some sellers do want to accumulate items in orders beyond the 14 days. [Medium-priority / medium-effort]

I would also prefer a longer combining period

· We need to look at the order-date handling. A large number of sellers (especially the high-volume sellers) prefer the way we have done it, as older orders trickle to the top, reminding them to action/revisit those. Perhaps a preference (with the default being what we currently have) will resolve this - a seller can switch between "trickle-up / and update order-date based on latest items added" vs. a "stale-view / show order date based on first item added". [High-priority / medium-effort]

I think the order date should be fixed and not as it is now. Older sales must be displayed last. Especially if you allow a long up to 14 day or even more combining period. If you do have sales over the full 14 days and it is listed in the beginning, you will be less likely you will remember them that payment is due as it is then listed between the newer sales.

quote=MacMuffin;78066

· Templating to allow sellers to predefine templates as messages. This should include tokens/placeholders where we will replace certain values - i.e. "Thank you for your order of '$itemtitle'" would translate into "Thank you for your order of 'Apple iPhone 4G, 32GB'" [low-priority / high-effort]

A number of template messages (As much as possible) would be very helpful, and “place holders” would help as well but each seller should be able to write his/her own message and then include the “place holder” in his her message We would prefer this placeholder to be a number of things all with a possible link to the auction/order/sale:

• Auction ID number
  • Order number
  • Item description (this and auction numbers can be difficult when more then one item is combined in one order)
  • Posting address (that include the buyers name and delivery address)

And as we are limited to 1000 characters we would like to stick with a lesser quantity of wording in this ‘place holder like only a number rather than a large description.

We would also like to be able to add the invoice as an attachment to a message after we completed the changeable info on the invoice.

I would like a couple of template messages

• Congratulations of winning and general info
  • Request the buyer to complete his/her order
  • Reminder to pay
  • 2nd reminder to pay
  • Payment extension granted
  • Thanks for payment and the next procedures
  • Inform tracking number
  • Rating is still outstanding

SProducts

The new system is great for me, I am enjoying using it. I have already sent tracking numbers through the system. This will save me many negative ratings as some buyers' email would bounce or they would just not get my emails.

One suggestion for your develeopment list, is it possible to integrate Bobpay EFT to the system in such a way that once payment has been completed the status can automatically change to payment received or whatever status I have set?

This could be very helpful, especially for seller who accepts Bobpay EFT and credit cards.

Sipho

Cali Craft and Gems

With regards to the message that the seller can send the buyer - is there a possibility that this message can show on BoB itself for the buyer to see? Perhaps with the specific transaction similar to the way the rating currently shows next to the item.

This would be handy as the "message to buyer" is still received by the buyer as an email and could be overlooked or "lost"!

brands online

MacMuffin, This is why I like nagging sometimes :P

Thanks guys, if all goes well, the planned changes should address most of the concerns myself along with other sellers have had. Holding my breath to dive in.:)

sungems
With regards to the message that the seller can send the buyer - is there a possibility that this message can show on BoB itself for the buyer to see? Perhaps with the specific transaction similar to the way the rating currently shows next to the item.

This would be handy as the "message to buyer" is still received by the buyer as an email and could be overlooked or "lost"!

I totally agree. The “note” can be private but messages that are mailed should be displayed on the buyer side as well.

I wondered about; if the user selects never to receive email form BOB if this message will be handled in this way or will it be forwarded to the buyer irrespective its decision as to what mail they select to receive from BOB.

qball

The message to the buyer will also display on the order to the buyer, so if the email is not received the note is viewable on their side.

sungems

If I change a status now and search for it, it do not appear, it show no results.

I change the status to complete for all payment received for this day and want to get them together on one page to make it easier to pack but if I search that specific status (complete) for the last two days (that I just changed) it do not appear

Asha Craft

Not sure if this has been mentioned before: the old sales page worked well for mobiles, but it seems I cannot edit the status or expand the sales info of a buyer on the new sales page.

Telkom is repairing a cable in our area, so phonelines and thus internet is off since tuesday, till after this weekend. I have to rely on my trusty smartphone to get orders out (sigh...) and not being able to use the functions on the new sales page is a migraine waiting to happen.

brands online

Hi guys,problem withold sales page. The new sales page shows my last sales but if i swop to the old sales page, it misses out the last few for some reason. :(

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi sungems

Try using the advanced search and change your filter to one month or two months ad then search.

tipisa

More statusses will be nice even upto 8 or 10

Order date should be fixed when the first sale closes and not change when new sales are added

brands online

Hi Tipisa, agree. Think they are fixing that issue if you look a little lower at the planned updates by MacMuffin.

Little Miss Muffet

Someone mentioned that we can include the tracking number so that it can be seen by Bob. How do we do this? Cant find the option.

Another thing that is bothering me is when I wanted to look up a buyers name no matter how long ago a transaction took place we could type the users name in the box provided under "All sales" now it does not show unless it is current.