Sign in to follow this  
Guest MacMuffin

New After Sales Tools

ClickandShip

Hi all, I have been working on the new system since yesterday and figuring it all out and I have to say...I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!

One of the best features is the locking function on the status chosen, however this morning I ran into the same ol same ol problem...however I think the new system can be tweaked to rid us sellers of this irritation..

A buyer won an auction on 30 June, UNPAID despite reminders, yesterday I filled the SNC, I have created a status for SNC: ITEM RELISTED and set it to be locked, I messaged (great feature!!) the buyer before issuing the SNC to state that the item is no longer available and SNC will be filed.

This morning his payment reflects in my account....only paid after SNC!!!!

Item is STILL unavailable and now I have to contact him for bank details, refund...PT!!!

Can the locked fields not be set that the buyer can no longer access the payment and order details?

This way they cannot make payment after SNC is filed, alternately they would need to email for banking details at which point we could tell the that we cannot complete the order. FULL STOP. NO MORE PT :)

mike

Just to clarify the recent changes on the combining of auction into orders.

In the past auctions could exist without being in an order. Buyers had up to 14 days to combine auctions to the same seller and run them through checkout to create an order with the shipping selections and possibly payment etc. The seller had no control over that.

From last week auctions are automatically added to an order by the system. Sellers can see the order on the new page, but that order may initially not be 'checked out' by the buyer. Orders that are not yet checked out are shown with a warning message on the new page.

If the buyer and seller take no action on the order the system is able to add additional auctions between the same buyer and seller to that order for up to 7 days. After that the system would create a new order.

But if the buyer runs the order through the checkout to select the shipping and get a total amount then the system considers that order is complete and will not add any more auctions to the order.

Or if the buyer has not run the order through checkout the seller can set a status on the order that will 'lock' the order to prevent the system adding more auctions to it. To do that the seller needs to configure one or more statuses with the 'Lock Auction Orders' option and use those statuses if they want to prevent more auctions being added to the order.

Even when a seller has locked an order in that way, the buyer can still run the order through checkout to make the shipping selection, get the total amount and possibly have the option to pay online. But the buyer can't add more auctions to the order because the seller locked it.

Asha Craft

Again comes the question whether we can PLEASE have atleast one more status to personalize?

sungems

If the buyer and seller take no action on the order the system is able to add additional auctions between the same buyer and seller to that order for up to 7 days. After that the system would create a new order.

I still need the buyer to be able to combine for 14 days without there being two different orders. I need to be able to override the systems 7 day period where orders are combined in one order. I need auctions/sales to be combined in one order for 14 days before a new order is generated AND it should be situated/filed between/on the day the first sale occur not the last within the order

At the moment when a buyer won egg 5 auctions the first on 5/7/2010 and then on 7/7/10, 9/7/10, 10/7/10 and the last on 12/7/10 the order must be listed on 5/7/10 (or the 6/7/10 as I notice the order date is the next day) BUT currently it is listed on 13/7/10 which is not correct and I (and I know there are other sellers that also allow more that 7 days) need to be able to combine in ONE order in more than 7 days

Guest MacMuffin
Again comes the question whether we can PLEASE have atleast one more status to personalize?

This is one of the requests we will add within the next 5-10 days. While some sellers require up to 10 statuses we will also need to cater for some sellers not requiring more than 3-4.

I ask for your patience, but we will do it as part of our priorities.

voldermort

Why is it no longer possible to see if a buyer has bids on more than 1 item? I do a lot of combining of items and the way it is now you actually just have to remember if a buyer has other bids.

Also if a buyer buys eg: 5 items, why is it no longer showing as the same order?

Little Miss Muffet
Hi Vegar / geewhizz - at tutorial is available here: Help - Selling - After Sales Tools

I have included a few examples how some sellers use their status:

attachment.php?attachmentid=601&stc=1&d=1279000609

I think the first example is probably the best I could find - the seller has separate status for payment reminders/extensions to manage those buyers.

I will organise to have a more detailed tutorial / help up to go into the different functionalities - I think at first it might be a bit overwhelming, but similar to the shipping functionality, it will prove as a great asset to sellers.

I have viewed the video but what is "Follow up" meant to be. i.e. The 4th status---Okay got it. Not to worry

Angeluv

Under ALL SALES, there are these invoice options:

Print Item List Print Packing Slip Print Invoice

Can you please add on 'SAVE INVOICE' (for me to save on my computer)

and 'EMAIL INVOICE' (so that i can email it to the buyer)

because i like emailing the order invoice to the buyer(especially when it is a big order), and saying' thank you for your order, here is your tracking number'.

What do the rest of you sellers do once you get an order ??

Do you email them, asking them for payment,

then give them a tracking number

or what process do you follow ?

Little Miss Muffet

The penny is beginnig to drop.

Just one thing I found very helpful was that if I was about to post an item and a seller was bidding on another item I would email and ask the user if they would like me to hold the current item until auction ended.

This was very helpful to save on postage for buyers.

brands online

Would certainly like at least one or two more statuses to set and personalize please. And also agree that sellers should somehow be able to specify for how long purchases may be combined. Lots of sellers including myself appreciate payment in 72hrs or less. 7 days to close the order, usually means another 72 hrs on top of that to pay. That's 10 days from initial purchase. Please see what you guys can do.

brands online
I really do prefer the old version.... Wish we could choose which we want to use....

Yeah Asha, would be great if we could choose. Large volumes of sales are much easier to work on in Excel and now when you download your sales, even the download sheet has changed. There's just so much information in the 'After Sales' now that it really makes processing and despatch more tiresome. :(

mike
Would certainly like at least one or two more statuses to set and personalize please. And also agree that sellers should somehow be able to specify for how long purchases may be combined. Lots of sellers including myself appreciate payment in 72hrs or less. 7 days to close the order, usually means another 72 hrs on top of that to pay. That's 10 days from initial purchase. Please see what you guys can do.

Thanks for the feedback.

Offering more statuses is on the 'todo' list.

Just to clarify on the '7 days' issue. There is not a mandatory wait of 7 days before an order closes.

From the moment an auction is won and is placed in an order, the buyer can run the order through the checkout to complete shipping and possibly pay. As soon as they complete checkout no more auctions can be added to that order. You may already find many of your buyers complete their orders quickly - and they can continue to do so.

However if a buyer has won or maybe will win multiple auctions from you, then they may pause before completing the order to allow the order to gather up all those auctions. The 7 days is the new maximum time an order will accept additional auctions from the moment it was created for the first auction. Buyers have always been able to wait to group auctions together in one order - and previously the maximum duration was 14 days.

We realise in some cases sellers are able to process their auction sales without needing to wait for the buyer to complete the order online. If you use the new statuses you can configure specific statuses to 'lock' an order, which prevents additional auctions being added to it, even if the buyer has not completed the checkout.

Some sellers really need the buyers to complete checkout of auction sales, to make the shipping selection, get the total amount and/or begin online payment. Those sellers may find the new message facility a more convenient way to ask buyers to complete the order.

mike
Yeah Asha, would be great if we could choose. Large volumes of sales are much easier to work on in Excel and now when you download your sales, even the download sheet has changed. There's just so much information in the 'After Sales' now that it really makes processing and despatch more tiresome. :(

We realise some sellers work with spreadsheets or other systems based on that old download format. So just note the old format is still available.

On the new Sales page, click the 'Download Sales' tab. Then set your preferred date range, leave the 'all sales' option checked and click the 'Display old table format'. That will present the data in a table on a web page exactly as it did before.

Some sellers who use spreadhseets or other systems may like to try the new download format which will download the data directly into a spreadsheet on most computers. There are two new options available on the 'Download Sales' tab with descriptions for each. These formats have an improved layout for data transfer and include a summary of prompt responses for sellers who use prompts. The column layout is the same for both options, but the way the sales are searched for and sorted varies.

sungems

I am sounding like a tape recorder. Getting back to the same thing over and over

Sellers that want to close the order within 7 days can close it, they should just read through the tutorials and forums how to do it as this is discussed a couple of times. But what about the sellers that allows more than 7 days to combine. I run all my auctions in a 14 day period therefore there might be something that is closing after 7 days that they might like. For this reason I allow them to combine for 14 days and I do not want to post two orders together as this will add up to additional admin and record keeping. I need my buyers to be able to combine for 14 days in one order. I know there are a couple of sellers allowing more than 7 days as well

If you can not write the system to accommodate each seller individual combining period you should rather make the max of combining period 14 days (or the longest some sellers allow) instead of only 7 days. Those sellers who want to close the orders earlier may do so very easily. When you introduce new statuses they can use one, just for that purpose, you may even guide them in the description (where you now have the pending description as original description) you can have one described as “close order” and have the tick box automatically ticked for those not understanding how to do it. Those how do understand can still edit the wording to their own wording and un-tick the box if they want to use it for something different.

sungems

Can you please add on 'SAVE INVOICE' (for me to save on my computer)

and 'EMAIL INVOICE' (so that i can email it to the buyer)

because i like emailing the order invoice to the buyer(especially when it is a big order), and saying' thank you for your order, here is your tracking number'.

This got me thinking. You mentioned you are currently working on some templates that will be available when we send messages/emails to the buyer.

Can’t you have a tick box where the invoice can be included in the message or rather as an attachment to that mail?

But for this we would like to be able to alter the invoice a little and be able to save it.

• Include our default shipping amount for those how did not yet complete the order.
  • I sometimes give discount when a buyer buys in bulk and it would be nice to be able to include a discounted description and discounted amount on the invoice
  • Lastly what I do not want to do, but especially when it is a returning/repeating customer I need to allow it. If two or more orders need to be combined in one parcel. Are there no way we can select to combine two or more orders and send them one invoice for more than one completed orders. This is when I need an invoice mostly. Single orders are easy as it is what it is but when we need to combine more than one order and together there might be up to 30 items it gets more complicated

• OR aren’t there any another way you can allow for us to select to combine two or more orders in one order (then the 7 day max combining would also not that big of a deal) This will actually be very helpful BUT it should still be listed on the date the first sale were made/closed

EWAAN Galleries

Problem With Rating Side

Hi Admin

Please check this out asap. Once we complete the order and send out a private note to the buyer with all the details it works okay. Now after that rate the buyer and then it takes you back to the old style :(

Bit confusing as you cannot see the full order with the notes and messages from the rating side of the order. So the rating section is still showing old style....

RAG Auctioneers

I dont know if this is a bug, or if it i meant to be like this, but it is really annoying.

"Sales from the past week" is not showing sales from the past week.

Some are missing, and it is adding some sales from 2 weeks ago.

It seems to be maybe showing "payments made" in the last week rather than "sales in the past week."

Help?

brands online
Thanks for the feedback.

Offering more statuses is on the 'todo' list.

Just to clarify on the '7 days' issue. There is not a mandatory wait of 7 days before an order closes.

From the moment an auction is won and is placed in an order, the buyer can run the order through the checkout to complete shipping and possibly pay. As soon as they complete checkout no more auctions can be added to that order. You may already find many of your buyers complete their orders quickly - and they can continue to do so.

However if a buyer has won or maybe will win multiple auctions from you, then they may pause before completing the order to allow the order to gather up all those auctions. The 7 days is the new maximum time an order will accept additional auctions from the moment it was created for the first auction. Buyers have always been able to wait to group auctions together in one order - and previously the maximum duration was 14 days.

We realise in some cases sellers are able to process their auction sales without needing to wait for the buyer to complete the order online. If you use the new statuses you can configure specific statuses to 'lock' an order, which prevents additional auctions being added to it, even if the buyer has not completed the checkout.

Some sellers really need the buyers to complete checkout of auction sales, to make the shipping selection, get the total amount and/or begin online payment. Those sellers may find the new message facility a more convenient way to ask buyers to complete the order.

ta mike, would be alot easier if one could simply tick a box and lock all ticked orders. When you're doing hundreds of sales, all this persistent show detail/ hide detail stuff is annoying and showing all details all the time is confusing with the screen being so cluttered.

I know all this is supposed to be helpful, but am fnding these drastic changes unnecessary and frustrating. Wouldn't it have been simpler to simply add a few more

links to functions on the old layout? All you guys then needed to do was add a link to send a message to the buyer. The rest is really an annoyance instead of an assistance.

This new system would and probably does workk geat for sellers who have 10-20 sales or less. More than that, it creates more work rather than reducing it. Not too kewl...

Little Miss Muffet

I tried to look up a user name on my sales last night.

I see the 3 blocks have been changed.

We used to enter the user name in the 3rd block now it is the second block.

Users do things automatically after doing it for a long time.

This is going to cause confusion. Why not leave it as it was before?

I happened to notice it but took 24hrs. 100,000 users on here becoming frustrated.

voldermort

I do agree with brands online, my sales screen looks an absolute mess with all these new addtions. Everything is all bunched together and not easy to see where one sale ends & the next begins.

When you are dealing with a lot of sales per week/month this is not a good thing.

I am actually finding it easier to go into Outlook Express & find names, addresses and so on from there.

I noticd that now it is showing when a buyer has bids on more than 1 item, however only if those bids are within the next 7 days.

I think there should be an option in place whereby a seller should be able to choose using this new system or staying with the old one.

mike
Hi Admin

... Now after that rate the buyer and then it takes you back to the old style :(

This has been fixed. Tnanks for letting us know.

kebs

Just checking - if you send a message to the buyer on the new sale system, the system sends them an email so I don't have to? Is there any way this email can also be sent to the seller, for our records?

Neux

I feel that the new system is not user friendly at all. Everything is mixed up. Hard to see your actual sales for the day. When you click on sale for last 2 days. Auctions that ended weeks back are showing in your last 2 days sales.

The private notes as well as message to buyer is just great. But besides this I still prefer the old system as it was much easier to work with. It is very difficult to work with the new system especially if’ you’ve you got so many sales to manage. I’ve personally spoken to other regular seller on bidorbuy and they too prefer the old system over the new. It would be great if we could choose between which we prefer to use or even customize the way the should be.

Digitrade

On the "old style sales" pages, the buyer had the option to change his shipping instructions. I have posted lots of parcels to different addresses as given on the main page.

There are currently only one address on the left hand side of the page. Should I accept this as the correct shipping destination, or am I missing something?

sungems
I feel that the new system is not user friendly at all. Everything is mixed up. Hard to see your actual sales for the day. When you click on sale for last 2 days. Auctions that ended weeks back are showing in your last 2 days sales.

BOB you are great. The new system is definitely very helpful and will be more than great in the admin department.

The only reason why it looks mixed up is; the new sales are added to the order in the wrong date range. They should have the date fix when it is first generated: Even if the buyer checks out the date should still be the date of the first sale/auction (within the order) Then we can clearly notice the oldest outstanding SALE/CLOSED AUCTION, currently it is all over the site. We do not want to know (within an order) when the last sale was made but the first as we need payment within a specific period since the FIRST unpaid sale were made/won.

Mike/MacMuffin can you please inform us if this is going to stay this way or are you busy working on changing it.

I am selling on SunGems1, my son and my husband are also each selling totally different items on their own user accounts and although sales are lately a little slow on my side, we are also selling quite a few per day and the new system definitely cater for sellers selling quite a few items rather for those selling not that much. It will definitely be very helpful for admin purposes. Sellers just need to get use to the new look.

But I would also vote to have both views available just to be able to see (if I want to) sales by date, and sales per user/buyer is also better on the old view, irrespective in what order each sale are grouped.