Sign in to follow this  
Guest MacMuffin

New After Sales Tools

Cali Craft and Gems

@ MacMuffin:

I need to block a buyer of two of my auctions, but on the new system (and old one too) this is the error I get:

Error

There were no sales found in the last 60 between you and userid 1676605

@ Tananka

Go to the specific transaction using the old system and you will be able to accept the transaction.

Guest MacMuffin
Hi Macmuffin

There seems to be a bit of a glitch in that the system is not allowing us to accept credit card payments.

When I click to accept the payment, an error page comes up stating "No value is specified".

:eek:

Please help, your expert assistance is desperately needed.

Hi Tananka - we are going to try and fix tonight and have it working tomorrow morning. There was a similar (but unrelated) issue Asha Craft reported and we thought we fixed both.

Guest MacMuffin
@ MacMuffin:

I need to block a buyer of two of my auctions, but on the new system (and old one too) this is the error I get:

Error

There were no sales found in the last 60 between you and userid 1676605

There is a known bug we will only be able to fix tomorrow. In the interim you can click on "View Bids" on the new system and then block the buyer there.

Cali Craft and Gems

@ MacMuffin

Thanks, but the buyer doesn't have any current bids, only unpaid transactions which have been SNC'd.

Regards,

CCG

Guest MacMuffin
@ MacMuffin

Thanks, but the buyer doesn't have any current bids, only unpaid transactions which have been SNC'd.

Regards,

CCG

Please try the following (I did it earlier to block the buyer through your profile and it worked):

- Go to AST, then quick search and then enter the buyer's alias

- On the order under the first item click the link "View bids"

- In the next screen click "Block User"

Once we fix the bug you will be able to block the buyer straight from the AST page without jumping through hoops.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI MACMUFFIN

Thanks for the new tools,working well-I have just switched to windows 7 and i cannot view the bigger images of the listings-SHOWS BLANKwhen i double click on it-can you help-NEIL

Cali Craft and Gems

Thanks MM - it worked!

mike

The credit card payment has been fixed now. Apologies for the delay.

luckybird

Can you at the least add the item field, this system is great for following up but at a glance when you are trying to control sales, it is a bit of a problem when you can’t tell what item you are selling, you have the financial and progress info which is great for sorting your clients out but the actual item is missing or on a different page. At the very least add an item, because this takes more time if we have to check two pages for every sale and each time you come back you need to check it up. Unfortunately its human nature to associate a item sale not a client name (associate with what you know vs. what you don’t know) if you tell me this that client it means nothing to me but if you tell me about this or that item id associate it to a sale. if you dealing with the same client on multiple occasions then it is different.

So if you have any future plans please at least add the item if not a picture, otherwise this is a very useful tool, thanks

mike
Can you at the least add the item field, this system is great for following up but at a glance when you are trying to control sales, it is a bit of a problem when you can’t tell what item you are selling ...

Thanks for the feeback luckybird.

You can control whether or not to show the item details on each order in 2 ways.

Initially you may only be seeing a summary of each order. You can click the 'show detail' and 'Hide Detail' on each order to display the item detail for that order.

But in your case you may prefer to always show the item details for all orders by default. In that case click on the 'Show all details' link at he top right of your sales. This will display all the item details for all orders on the page. And the page will remember this setting, so all item details show automatically if you go to the next page, search again or come back to the page later. At any time you can change it back to 'Show summaries only'.

We have tried to leave the control with each seller as some sellers may sell many items in each order - so they prefer to start with the summaries and only open up the detail of the orders they are working with.

mike

Sorting options have been added to the new sales page. They appear as links at the top of the sales to resort the sales by the order time, buyers id, or total amount of the order.

The default sort shows the orders with the most recent order time at the top.

Click a sorting link to select the sort you want, and click the link again if you need to change the direction of the sort.

luckybird

Thank you Mike, I looked a bit more into it with the show hide, i do appreciate this and think it wioll be of great help in the future.

Thanks again

Vegar

It is all GREEK to me ... I have no idea what you are talking about ...

I understand that this is aimed at sellers with high volume sales - I have been ignoring all this new stuff and this morning I was shocked to see that in the sold items there is no picture of the item - but WORSE there is no address for the buyer. Took me 5 minutes to find it ... so why the change in the original page?

This is NOT user friendly.

By all means give the high volume sellers short cuts but for people like me it becomes a maze to get lost in.

I need a tutorial!!

Well, it took me three weeks to understand how to set the new shipping categories and then I had to ask for help... Have mercy :(

Little Miss Muffet

I viewed the video but could not pick up what status number 4 is supposed to be used for. i.e. " Follow up"

Excuse my ignorance.

Guest MacMuffin

Tutorial

Hi Vegar / geewhizz - at tutorial is available here: Help - Selling - After Sales Tools

I have included a few examples how some sellers use their status:

attachment.php?attachmentid=601&stc=1&d=1279000609

I think the first example is probably the best I could find - the seller has separate status for payment reminders/extensions to manage those buyers.

I will organise to have a more detailed tutorial / help up to go into the different functionalities - I think at first it might be a bit overwhelming, but similar to the shipping functionality, it will prove as a great asset to sellers.

example-sales-status.jpg.0aecf7ac6898129024edb2ecb4fbbc5a.jpg

mike
I viewed the video but could not pick up what status number 4 is supposed to be used for. i.e. " Follow up"

Excuse my ignorance.

Thanks for trying the new statuses out geewhizz.

The statuses are for sellers to categorise and group their sales in any way that suits them.

The meaning of each status is actually up to you. Initially they have some very generic default names, like Pending 1, Pending 4 an Completed. You can use them as is, but we most sellers will probably edit the names to suit their own sales management practices.

When you click on an order status to change it, you will see a link 'edit statuses' at the bottom of the popup dialog. A similar link is also available next to the status selectors in on the 'Advanced Search' tab. When you click to edit the statuses you are taken to a separate page where you can change the status names to whatever you like. Thse names will then appear wherever you see the stauses.

The buyers do not see the statuses - so you can give them names that are only meaningful to you.

There is also an option on each status to set whether the status should 'lock auction orders'. If that is set then when that status is used on an auction order, the system will not add any more auctions a buyer wins to that order. By default the system will add additional auctions to a buyers order for up to 7 days. If this seems a bit confusing, then just ignore that setting - if you ever find you need it it will make more sense then.

sungems

I agree, the new version do have a lot of improved functionality and will help making life easier but is now lacking some functions that were available on the old version, therefore giving us something very good but taking something good back form us as well when the old version will be discontinued.

ON the old version when a buyer completed more than one order you could still get all sales in a easier grouping together to give him a combined list and from there an invoice even if more than one order is complete. With the new version this is not possible. I would like to be able to choose witch version to use indefinitely.

On the new version the sales are added to the order on the newest sales date not on the first sales/auction date, therefore old sales are listed in the beginning as new ones closes, making it very difficult to track when the combining for each buyer started. The order date should be kept on the first unpaid closed sale and new sales should be added to the order onto that first date. Then it should be double sure that when we change a status that no new sales can be added to that order. Otherwise we might post a order and then new items can be added to a order that is already posted.

One to four more statuses would be nice to have, I currently need to combine two of the statuses and add a note to myself to know which status is the one I needed it for, I therefore need to check each time which of the two it is on

Can you also please give us at least 3 but preferably more templates at the message to seller? I have had different email addresses for each standard email I want to sent to the buyer and the signature of that email were the full template email, congrats of winning, thanks for payment, reminder to pay, 2nd reminder to pay, informing of tracking number. I just needed to choose which email to use and the email were ready to be sent off. Now it is really nice to send from the system but each message now needs to be copied from another place and pasted in the message box? Is there no way you can include say 3 template with 1000 characters and maybe another 2 with 500-600 characters (or all of them with 1000 characters). Each seller will use the templates as they want to and code or choose what they want in each template for the message and when a template is chosen we just include the specific individual detail like each individual tracking number after selecting that template. This would make life even a lot more easier.

Then if you could add, “add to picked list” below each sale where the SNC and copy item is situated it would be very nice as there is no place where this is added on the new sales tools and when SNC is finalised and the items need to be relisted it now need to be done individually

Vegar

I am going to trust SunGems to get it all tweaked into shape :)

I am wondering how a new seller would make sense of the new format? I spoke to a very clever guy and he had trouble with setting up the shipping categories!

mike

Then it should be double sure that when we change a status that no new sales can be added to that order. Otherwise we might post a order and then new items can be added to a order that is already posted.

Thanks or the detailed feedack.

By default the system will continue to add additional auctions to an order for up to 7 days.

But note that you do now have an option to override this and stop additional auctions being added to an order. If you edit your status configuration you will see a 'Lock Auction Orders'. If this option is selected for a status, then whenever that status is set on an order the system will not add any additional auctions to the order. You can decide which of your statuses this should apply to.

mike

One to four more statuses would be nice to have ....

Can you also please give us at least 3 but preferably more templates at the message to seller? ....

Then if you could add, “add to picked list” below each sale where the SNC and copy item is situated it would be very nice ...

These are all good suggestions and things we would like to add to the sales tool. We are looking into them alongside other improvements we would like to make to the site.

lilythepink

Mike, I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to just have the status thingey working for those who WANT the change and leave it as before for those of us who don't want it? I definitely don't want additional auctions being added for 7 days - any way that you can set this up for me? Please? :)

sungems

When I started to sell in 2007 everything were Greek for me as well therefore with the new tools it would not be any different you just need to get to know the system just as I (and everybody) needed to get to know the system when they started. The new system once use to it, will work like a dream a lot better as the old one. BOB together with us (the sellers) just need to sort out a few problematic areas and everyone advance sellers as well as someone selling only a couple of things will find the new sales tools to be very helpful once getting use to it

lilythepink

Hi sungems

I have also been a user since 2007 and I actually LIKE the old systems! (But that is just my personal preference and, if I have to, I will "update" my knowledge!) :)

sungems

Hi Lilly Pink

I also like some futures on the old system that I think can not be incorporated in the new system and if BOB can allow both views it would be nice

Another point of discussion: We need to be able to have our own period as to how long we allow a combining period. I allow 10-14 days and if the system automatically starts a new order after 7 days it would be problematic for me. I do understand that I can close the order before the time when I chosen to change a status that I marked as order locked but the max should also my choice not a max of 7 days the system allow.

Some sellers don’t allow combining and then it should be their prerogative to choose that no sales should be combined but be placed separately in individual orders without needing to change each and every status after it closes. What happens when two closes at the same time or closes over a weekend before he/she can change the status they chosen as a lock for a order.

Each seller needs to choose the max period allowed for combining as some allow no combining, others 1-7 days and some longer as we do, how are the system going to coupe with this?

Cali Craft and Gems

I've worked with the "locking of status" keys, and hopefully it will work out.

But I do agree that the seller should be able to indicate how many day's combining they allow. What I've done to "stop" the combining, is that once the order has been placed (ie. written up on customer card and awaiting payment), then the status is locked and any new items will be allocated to a new "order". I will still combine if the parcel has not been sent yet, but this is so that I can control and see what has been written up, processed, paid for, etc.

It can get really confusing, but what I suggest to each seller (big and small), is that you take the time to play around and personalise the system. It's the only way you can get it to work for you!