Sign in to follow this  
MacMuffin

New After Sales Tools

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Please take note, that we will expire the old sales tools and replace them with the new Sales Tool functionality which provides many new enhancements and will increase sellers productivity and administrative functions.

Status of old/"classic" sales pages: Those pages will remain on Bob indefinitely. We will not introduce any enhancements or backport functionality from the new sales tools and will only fix critical bugs if/when they come up. We do encourage sellers to use the new sales tools and provide feedback here to improve on the new sales functionality.

A detailed video tutorial is available. We do not anticipate any problems, as we migrated all data over 10 days ago and the new Sales Tools have been available for several weeks.

Before posting your questions here, please review this thread http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/selling-bidorbuy/9640-new-after-sales-tools-prototype.html which covered questions previously asked.

For comments, enhancement requests or problems you experience, please post your feedback in this thread.

I have included a few examples how some sellers use their status:

attachment.php?attachmentid=601&stc=1&d=1279000609

I think the first example is probably the best I could find - the seller has separate status for payment reminders/extensions to manage those buyers.

moppies    10
moppies

Thanks for making our lives easier. It was timewasting to send an e-mail to buyers and now we are able to do it from the tool. WOW!!! I'm :)

Asha Craft Jewellery    10
Asha Craft Jewellery

The new AST does not allow me to accept a credit card payment. When I click accept, it throws a page with: ERROR, no value specified." When I go back to the AST page, the credit card payment still wasn't accepted.

Also, where is the search username, order id, etc function that was listed under the All sales requiring feedback link?

Are the emails now sent to the buyer when we click save email, etc? Since the AST is live...

And lastly, VERY IMPORTANT, atleast to me: When I refresh the new AST all the "show detail" things that were open automatically hide. This is a huge irritation and causes alot of problems for me. There is a quick hide function, so why does it have to hide automatically when refreshing the page? I have mentioned this before, but it was not answered.

Jewellery Mall    10
Jewellery Mall

Where can we search for buyers using name or item number? Very frustrating not to have this!

kebs    10
kebs

Hi Asha - I was also looking for the search function.. If you click on "sales", above the "sales for the last 2 days", it takes you to the summary & the top tabs on the summary have the search functions..

kebs    10
kebs

P.S. A much easier search as you can search for specific types according to what you've set the status as.. eg : I have set the first status as initial email, meaning I've emailed the buyer, awaiting reply/payment.. With the new search option, you can search for all sales with the status set to initial email, & voila! :)

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

How long will the old tools be available for?

Because it is going to take some time to get use to the new ones....

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Thanks for the valuable feedback so far - just a short update:

• The search functions are back on the main page
  • We will introduce sorting by amount and date
  • The old sales page will "stick around" for at least two weeks
  • The reported credit card issue will be fixed now

Please continue using the new sales tools as we will decommission the old pages eventually. So if you feel that functionality is missing or could be improved in the ASTs, then post your suggestions here.

Asha Craft Jewellery

I really do prefer the old version.... Wish we could choose which we want to use....

Asha Craft Jewellery

Hi MacMuffin, has the credit card thingy been fixed yet? I had to follow the link on the old AST, to accept one of my cc payments, as the new AST kept giving me an error

Jewellery Mall    10
Jewellery Mall

Hi, I agree with Asha Craft - the old version was much better - not against any improvements but how many sellers did you consult before making this new version?

I am aware that it was available to test but really the layout doesn't work very well.

What I need when I am viewing my past sales is the following

column 1) item description with an image (the image is very important so that it is easily identified when packing)

column 2) Buyers name, email, tel number and address

column 3) The amount they have to pay

column 4) If they have been rated or not

Where can i select "all sales to.....(specific buyer)"

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
Hi, I agree with Asha Craft - the old version was much better - not against any improvements but how many sellers did you consult before making this new version?

I am aware that it was available to test but really the layout doesn't work very well.

What I need when I am viewing my past sales is the following

column 1) item description with an image (the image is very important so that it is easily identified when packing)

column 2) Buyers name, email, tel number and address

column 3) The amount they have to pay

column 4) If they have been rated or not

Where can i select "all sales to.....(specific buyer)"

The AST was available as a pilot for about 8 weeks and we consulted a broad number of sellers. We did communicate about the enhancements as early of June and asked for feedback.

The purpose of this thread is to get feedback on the tools introduced. We do acknowledge some minor glitches which are being added (as a fallback there is the old sales page which provides all the previous functionality).

"All sales to buyer" can be found on the quick-search tab or on the selling-summary page.

Remember that we roll all items into orders, hence we display an order with items rolled into it. The "Show all details" links will show you all the individual items as well as what you request for column 2). Alternatively the spread-sheet functionality provides the same functionality.

Do you guys require a "condensed view" (i.e. displaying full buyers details, order amount / payment details) for any specific purpose (i.e. something you can not do via the spread-sheet or current view?

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
Hi MacMuffin, has the credit card thingy been fixed yet? I had to follow the link on the old AST, to accept one of my cc payments, as the new AST kept giving me an error

Hi Asha Craft - the fix has just been released - please let me know if there are any other issues.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

I also prefer the old set-up and wish that the seller's could have the choice on which "version" they use. (although I can only imagine the technical head-ache this could produce)

I've developed my own card system with regards to incoming orders which has worked perfectly for me for the past 3+ years I've been trading. This works hand-in-hand with the old system. Now the new set-up is a nightmare by comparison...

Jewellery Mall    10
Jewellery Mall

So the only way to view all sales to a specific buyer is to go to a different page? The old version i just clicked a link under the sale! Is this correct?

ClickandShip    10
ClickandShip

MacMuffin!! I am still figuring it all out, as, the general layout is very very NON-User friendly, but as for funcionality...You are the choc-chip muffin with my morning coffee!!

The Satus feature is FANTASTIC esp. for sellers that have many sales ending on 1 day. You have outdone yourself Sir. WELL DONE & THANK YOU!!!

ClickandShip    10
ClickandShip

Just 1 more thing though... Currently 4 status option Bars which I have set as below :

Awaiting Payment

Payment Received / Confirmed

Processing Inhouse

Dispatched for Delivery

Completed

remove status

I would like 1 more in order to state SNC : RELISTED.

Would this be possible?

edit statuses

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
So the only way to view all sales to a specific buyer is to go to a different page? The old version i just clicked a link under the sale! Is this correct?

No, if you click on the name (displayed under the email addy), you get sales for the last two months. We will change the link to read "All sales to USERS-REAL-NAME" as the current link is not obvious enough.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
Just 1 more thing though... Currently 4 status option Bars which I have set as below :

Awaiting Payment

Payment Received / Confirmed

Processing Inhouse

Dispatched for Delivery

Completed

remove status

I would like 1 more in order to state SNC : RELISTED.

Would this be possible?

edit statuses

This is relatively easy to do, but instead of giving sellers infinite numbers of statuses, we decided to limit it to 5. If demand exists we can add additional statuses, but we are trying to make it practical for everyone (and avoid the scenario of having more than 10).

Jewellery Mall    10
Jewellery Mall

Thanks.

Another request you currecntly have 2 ways to view your listings ( in the new version)

1)Show all details

2)Show summaries only

Can the "Show summaries only" page not look esactly like the current "Old style Sales List "?

ClickandShip    10
ClickandShip

Sorry to bother again...would it be possible to have a set ''landing'' status..

Say, changing the default NO STATUS to immediately reflect "Awaiting payment"

As now I have to manually go and change all new unpaid orders to Awaiting payment...

I would think that the default on any order for any seller would be Awaiting payment, and then from there on the statuses could be updated as per seller preferences.

Asha Craft Jewellery

Disagree with this one ClickandShip, "no status" is what I see as awaiting payment. However I do agree that alteast ONE more editable option would be a lifesaver. How about it MacMuffin?

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
Sorry to bother again...would it be possible to have a set ''landing'' status..

Say, changing the default NO STATUS to immediately reflect "Awaiting payment"

As now I have to manually go and change all new unpaid orders to Awaiting payment...

I would think that the default on any order for any seller would be Awaiting payment, and then from there on the statuses could be updated as per seller preferences.

The "landing/default" status is really the "NO STATUS"-status. This was deliberate so that a seller can quickly see un-actioned orders.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

We just released a small fix which now reads "Sales to XXX" (it is to the right of the status-button). The previous link was not obvious.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Macmuffin

There seems to be a bit of a glitch in that the system is not allowing us to accept credit card payments.

When I click to accept the payment, an error page comes up stating "No value is specified".

:eek:

Please help, your expert assistance is desperately needed.