qball

Suggestion Box

qball
Hello!

As a seller i have access to BoB messages where i can send sellers emails and it will be logged on BoB if there is ever an issue. It's a great function and very useful. I'm not sure if someone has already asked, but how about a messaging system on BoB for the buyers? This way there is a record of them trying to communicate with the seller?

I've noticed that there is an issue with communication. Yes, some people just blatantly ignore you, but as a buyer it can get just as frustrating having to prove that you did in fact try contact the seller after a sale was done.

We are busy investigating this possibility.

Free Soul Styles

That is epic news! I really hope it happens! Thanks!

SADiamondsrus
I think the period after the SNC is filed could be a little shorter, maybe 3 days.

also, maybe add emoticons to the rating system, but only nice ones for positive ratings, like actual stars for "5 star"

Now thats a great idea... will allow sellers with stock to get sales instead of running after dead beats

SoldSA

Hi Guys, Is it not possible to add sellers to the search box on home screen. So that if a buyer types in a seller it actually takes them to that sellers items. I know you can do it through advanced search but I'm pretty sure most buyers don't know this.

Thanks

Jacques

All ratings received by SoldSA on bidorbuy.co.za

Tempest V

Hi!

As a military collector I will appreciate to view the whole military section (without choosing an item search in advanced search) to exclude sellers, as I hate all the knives and ninja swords that is listed in droves and relisted every second day. It would be great to exclude certain sellers and save them in my profile,so they can be excluded in any search, as soon as I'm logged on.

Thanks

Chris

• Like 1

Cali Craft and Gems

For a buyer to be able to send a message to the seller via the system would be highly appreciated - the same way a seller can send a message to a buyer.

Between one seller and myself, not one of my emails has gotten through to her so she's been getting very frustrated (understandably), and it was driving me crazy as she kept on thinking that I was ignoring her. We resorted to corresponding via the ratings.

If a buyer had the facility to send a message via the system to the seller, not only would there be record of correspondence (proof that I was responding to her messages), but also that there would be more of a guarantee that the seller would actually get the message!

EcigSmokeOnline
For a buyer to be able to send a message to the seller via the system would be highly appreciated - the same way a seller can send a message to a buyer.

Between one seller and myself, not one of my emails has gotten through to her so she's been getting very frustrated (understandably), and it was driving me crazy as she kept on thinking that I was ignoring her. We resorted to corresponding via the ratings.

If a buyer had the facility to send a message via the system to the seller, not only would there be record of correspondence (proof that I was responding to her messages), but also that there would be more of a guarantee that the seller would actually get the message!

I agree, although it's been suggested a while ago. qball responded that they are looking into this on the 30 July this year, I think they forgot about it.

qball

Unfortunately development issues need to be prioritised and cannot be implemented immediately due to the current development schedule and tasks. This is still on our list but we cannot give you a time line as to when it will be available.

kaansvatter

hi all

2 suggestions - idk if some1 else has posted these ideas,i wasnt gonna read thru 208 posts...

a separate item rating , this would be most helpful to buyers , as the seller ratings usually just show seller ratings...

being able to see what others that have bought the item thought of it , before purchasing , would be brilliant.

i know it would have been useful on a few purchases that i have made.

probably need a bit of dev time tho.

2nd : in the little "seller info" box :seller1.JPG.22ee8acdc9a0394fef95fd0974305fa7.JPG

including the seller email (and contact no) right there would also be most handy

theres definately enough space below it to include 2 more lines + just shift the rest down a bit

love BoB , im addicted to the auctions (lol)

keep up the good work

Regards

Kaansvatter

seller.JPG.7b4c1b7ead489413c41f78c02dae5c21.JPG

Free Soul Styles

I was curious about the whole buyer messaging system. It would make life a bit easier for sellers and buyers.

I still think the time (1 week), after an SNC is filed should be shorter. It takes 1 week before we can file it and another full week once it is filed. I think the 1 week before but the after should be shorter. Especially if the buyer has made no communication or has a few negative ratings already.

NooNooBug

Was wondering if there was some widget that could be "issued" to legit dropshippers, something like verified sellers have. It is not very practical to look for the list to check if a seller appears on that list. Just a thought.

Everything And More

Feedback to seller / buyer of items

hi there

I would like to make a suggestion to regards of the feedback that a seller gives or buyer of an item

please upgrade this

most of the people im sure do not understand how to give feedback of an item they bought , most feedback I see is just about the service they receive from the seller and not about the actual item they bought

so my suggestion to you is to construct your feedback in a 5 star rating and allow people to upload pictures/photos of what they actually received so others can see .

for example :

how was your interaction between seller ?

Rating ( 1-5 )

was the product you received as it was described on the ad?

Rating ( 1-5 )

(upload picture/photo)

was delivery done on schedule ?

Rating ( 1-5 )

Comments ( this is where the buyer can give his opinion and write his whole story )

(upload picture/photo)

I find this will be a much better way to give feedback and people to buy with more confidence

this is just my suggestion hope you guys use this suggestion ,

Free Soul Styles

I know a seller can block a buyer after an SNC is filed and completed (in the sellers favor). But, if an SNC is filed and then retracted because the buyer paid, it cannot be blocked.

What about those buyers who keep paying only after an SNC is filed? Can we not be allowed to block them. Especially if it's a buyer who does it 3 or 4 times. It's easy to say cancel the sale but a seller would rather have the late sale than no sale. It does become a problem when it happens constantly.

chrisbart

I don't often use BoB but found an item I am potentially interested in. The item is second hand and yet my only option is to "Buy" the item? It's possible that I am behind the times and this is standard procedure but there is no way I am going to buy any second hand item without first inspecting it, regardless of what 'Buyer Protection' there is.

Vinyl Lady Decals

This is one for the technical team.

Could bidorbuy please look into adding the ability for sellers to create dropdown lists (with up to 60 options allowed) in listings as other websites do. This will supplement the current prompts system as sellers that have a variety of sizes/other options can create one listing with all the options available in that listing, instead of now where sellers must create one listing per option.

It would be good to allow at least two dropdowns per listing to allow for things like size and colour.

This would cut down on the number of listings that sellers need to maintain and bidorbuy will become less bloated with unnecessary listings. I feel this would lead to more sales in the long run.

I don't know how other sellers feel about this?

Vinyl Lady Decals

I have another suggestion, would it be possible for bidorbuy to create a function allowing sellers to create discount coupons, I would like to be ale to offer a discount to returning customers, eg. 10% discount. i believe this would help to drive sales and both sellers and bidorbuy would profit.

charmedheksie

Hi

My suggestion is a follow please let us be able to filter out drop shippers/ ordering stock first vendors by adding in a in stock or ready to ship filter. I annoys me to no end to have to wade through 600 listings from drop shippers to try and find a local supplier, I do not have hours to sift through the listings and I just end up not buying anything.

Tempest V

Hi

I would like the 'What's new' items to be the new items. Not all the relisted items that recycle every week.I spend a lot off time sifting thru 80% of relisted items, where as the truly 'new items' are hidden in between them. Any new items or edited items would be listed under 'Whats new'. It would save us a lot of time searching.

carteki

Please can we have a 'discount voucher' mechanism whereby you can offer select groups of people a discount on their purchase at your shop.

extreme_it

Hi...

Been a while since I used the site.

I think it's time the site gets a serious face lifting.

I see some work is done here and there, but nothing major... The site needs to adapt the flat design or any other modern web design concept which will make it more attracting.

The site currently looks bulky and heavy, from using the gradient colors, the rounded corners, the ugly dark green feedback smiley faces (which I'm scared to look at), the not-so-nice color palette, etc...

I see some nice work was done here in the form especially at the top menu bar (still need more tweaks).

Don't get me wrong I'm just telling it as I see it and just because I love this website and would only like to see it among the best.

Regards

Kassem

Go-Green Store

Dear Bid Or Buy,  

Why is it not possible for the buying community to search via SKU code? Surely if they know the product code of the item they looking for they should be able to search for it.

Here is a case in example: MTS8810 ,  a product of mine. It is unsearchable via this product code.

Please help me in implementing a search that allows my buyer to seach by SKU or product code.

Thanks

Kevan

Go-Green Store

Guest MacMuffin
19 hours ago, Go-Green Store said:

Dear Bid Or Buy,  

Why is it not possible for the buying community to search via SKU code? Surely if they know the product code of the item they looking for they should be able to search for it.

Here is a case in example: MTS8810 ,  a product of mine. It is unsearchable via this product code.

Thanks - good suggestion. We will add this suggestion as an enhancement.

Get It!

Please do something about the images(thumbnails/full pictures) that tend to disappear at crucial moments of bidding. Without the images showing, we don't know whats being sold and prefer to just not bid. Usually happens around the closing times of Wednesdays/Fridays/weekend auctions.

missing pic.png

missing thumbs 2.png

missing thumbs.png

missing thumbs and pics.png

mrmouse

Seen that problem plenty lately

• Thanks 1

Allstar

Being able to set a predefined price drop per automatic re-listing, for instance listing price starts at R500, you select it to be re-listed 5 times and the price to drop by R50 per re-listing - opening listing price R500, re-listing 1. R450 2. R400, 3. R350 etc.