qball

Suggestion Box

TheSource

"Sleep function" for sellers

Hi - a tutorial for new buyers to help them to 'complete the purchase'? There may be one but I haven't been able to find it... I am having a lot of hassles with new buyers not knowing what to do and it's very frustrating for them especially as I find it hard to explain what to do over the phone or by email.

And.... I should have also posted my suggestion to be able to suspend (or 'sleep') a bidorbuy seller's account for a period of time without having to close everything and relist later, sorry, only opened my eyes and saw the suggestion box later... But all the details of this suggestion is posted under 'feedback to bidorbuy team'

Thank You!

PLEASE can you enable a "sleep function" as suggested above. I very rarely go on holiday and this is partly because it is such a mission to close all 300 or 400 of my listings in order to prevent getting sales while I am away and disappointing buyers. I think this would help give a lot of hard working sellers a little bit of a break :)

kebs

I would also love this! Very stressful if you want to take a few days off & you're too busy worrying about buyers who may be plotting negative feedback because they haven't read everything, which says you're on holiday until xyz...

Miss Jewels

This would be fantastic. When I went to Italy in May 2010, I had to close over 480 items and had to start relisting again when I got back 3 weeks later.:wtf:

voldermort

But there is basically a "sleep" function :blink1:

If you have items open & let's say you are going away on Monday for 2 weeks - close all your items & then go to Closed History & copy/relist them, but relist them to open on the date you will return - you have 31 days you can keep them on Yet To Open.......problem solved

qball
But there is basically a "sleep" function :blink1:

If you have items open & let's say you are going away on Monday for 2 weeks - close all your items & then go to Closed History & copy/relist them, but relist them to open on the date you will return - you have 31 days you can keep them on Yet To Open.......problem solved

And there's the answer... :toung:

lilythepink
And there's the answer... :toung:

But that is a lot of hard work and eyestrain for the bigger sellers, I would think.

If we ask impossible questions, please put me in the Computer Illiteracy Club!

voldermort

Puts me in mind of the old saying, " nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work " - I think we have become so used to having things automatically that we have forgotten that.

A holiday usually is something to look forward to/something good, therefore surely a few hours sitting at the pc relisting some items before going on holiday is no big hardship (most big sellers do spend hours in front of their pc daily in any case) will only make you enjoy the holiday even more knowing your items are in order & they will be relisted exactly when you want them to be - or am I missing something?

kebs

is there any way BoB could look into adding something on to personal offers, such as add a note.. I auction games & often want to make personal offers if I have another copy of the game in stock, but it may not be in the same condition, or missing the manual etc.. I don't want to make an offer without the buyer knowing this first obviously, but unless they have bought from me before, I have no way to contact them..

lilythepink

Great idea, Kebs!

wayjen

Mac Fluffy, did someone change the date range?

If I search on my auctions for a listing it tells me the date range cannot be greater then 3 months, what has happened here?

xdeanh

Hi wayjen, seems to have been like this for a whiiiiiiiiiillllle. I'll see about getting it to behave a bit nicer but otherwise just ignore it for a bit.

wayjen
Hi wayjen, seems to have been like this for a whiiiiiiiiiillllle. I'll see about getting it to behave a bit nicer but otherwise just ignore it for a bit.

Thanks man, it only started yesterday with me and other days it was fine.

RDO Philatelics

I have a suggestion to make. Every now and again BOB do have software problems. Like right now as I can't upload a thing. I correspond with BOB and I get back "WE ARE AWARE OF THE PROBLEM". My suggestion is, if you are aware of a problem CORRESPOND WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS TELL THEM VIA EMAIL THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM. Many people believe it may be their own computers at fault. I pay BOB thousands of rands each month, surely in return, COMMUNICATION about certain IT issues can be done. Why must we always have to ASK QUESTIONS before we get anyone to communicate. Uploading 100's of items to sell is my livlihood and inability to UPLOAD or use the GALLERY is now becoming a very serious problem and certainly (at this point in writing) unsolved for 2 days !!!!

qball
I have a suggestion to make. Every now and again BOB do have software problems. Like right now as I can't upload a thing. I correspond with BOB and I get back "WE ARE AWARE OF THE PROBLEM". My suggestion is, if you are aware of a problem CORRESPOND WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS TELL THEM VIA EMAIL THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM. Many people believe it may be their own computers at fault. I pay BOB thousands of rands each month, surely in return, COMMUNICATION about certain IT issues can be done. Why must we always have to ASK QUESTIONS before we get anyone to communicate. Uploading 100's of items to sell is my livlihood and inability to UPLOAD or use the GALLERY is now becoming a very serious problem and certainly (at this point in writing) unsolved for 2 days !!!!

We humbly apologise for not letting you know, we dropped the ball on this. We are not making any excuses, what we did notice was that it did affect some users but not all users, and we were uncertain as to what was causing it. It has been resolved as per my earlier post on the other thread.

Once again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

nicds

A private message option would be great. Like on Ebay where you have an inbox.

BOB can still monitor it but the buyer and seller can communicate or negotiate without it appearing on the item listing.

kebs
A private message option would be great. Like on Ebay where you have an inbox.

BOB can still monitor it but the buyer and seller can communicate or negotiate without it appearing on the item listing.

You can do this - just delete the question once you've answered it.. The buyer will still get the answer via email as far as I understand, but no-one else will see it on your listings..

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Cuan and the team

Please can I suggest a button whereby sellers can block Bobpay payment from buyers once an SNC is filed.

I do note in my SNC that once it is filed I will not accept payment, but I find that sometimes buyers ignore this and insist of paying anyway, trying to force the seller to accept payment and withdraw the SNC.

The reasons for my policy are as follows:

By the time an SNC is filed, I have sent out the initial winning bid email plus three reminder emails. i expect payment within three days of auction close.

This is stated on every listing as well as every email.

I am reasonable in that if a buyer requests an extension, I will gladly give it to them within reason.

Usually the buyers I file SNC against have not responded at all and only choose to respond once an SNC is filed.

Many of these buyers still don't correspond with me in any way, they just complete the order and make payment showing total disregard to my or any other seller's terms and conditions.

I am not obliged to accept these buyer's payments as they have already ignored my terms and therefore I choose not to do business with them.

Buyers that have had a genuine problem with the transaction by the time the SNC is filed will make the effort to contact me explaining the problem. in cases like this, I am willing to withdraw the SNC once payment is received.

I have found that withdrawing an SNC under these circumstances usually leads to a negative revenge rating from the buyer who then refuses to change it regardless of whatever the seller does.

I feel that my policy is fair as usually by the time the SNC is filed 2 - 3 weeks has gone by.

I feel that sellers who have buyers who cannot be bothered to respond at all and require an SNC filing, should have the ability to block payment as much as possible while the SNC process takes place, it is just a waste of everyone's time for the payment to go through and then the seller has to return the funds anyway.

Please consider this as it will save a lot of work for sellers.

lilythepink

I fully agree with Tananka. I have one specific buyer who keeps on bidding on my items and yet she only completes the order and pays once a SNC has been filed!! It is a tremendous nuisance having to refund a delinquent buyer who pays late.

spektrum1

1. It would be very helpfull if all my purchases (under My bidorbuy) can have a "Search" function, so that I do not have to scroll through all my previous purchases if I want to check on something.

2. It is great to check on the ratings of all sellers, and it would be even greater if it was possible to also rate products. In this way buyers can be warned about certain products.

miltz

Better filtering techniques desperately needed

There really needs to be a way to filter products in a way where you choose what NOT to show within general sections such as "Weekend Specials". Often I find myself sifting through pages and pages of jewelry, and the only way to prevent this is by clicking on a specific section such a electronics. What if I want to see everything other than jewelry? Or view Crazy Wednesday auction products that fall under the Electronics, Art and Gaming sections?

To me at least, adding a more advanced filtering system would hugely improve my experience on the website and would undoubtedly lead to me finding more relevant products, and ultimately making more purchases.

alloway65
1. It would be very helpfull if all my purchases (under My bidorbuy) can have a "Search" function, so that I do not have to scroll through all my previous purchases if I want to check on something.

This was requested some time ago on the Bob Forum but up to now no joy......for me to go through 1500 or so items purchased to find some info I require.......is a real time consuming pain.

lilythepink

I guess BoB are hoping buyers will find something else worthwhile while they are scrolling through everything? But, yes, it is a darn nuisance.

qball
Hi Cuan and the team

Please can I suggest a button whereby sellers can block Bobpay payment from buyers once an SNC is filed.

I do note in my SNC that once it is filed I will not accept payment, but I find that sometimes buyers ignore this and insist of paying anyway, trying to force the seller to accept payment and withdraw the SNC.

The reasons for my policy are as follows:

By the time an SNC is filed, I have sent out the initial winning bid email plus three reminder emails. i expect payment within three days of auction close.

This is stated on every listing as well as every email.

I am reasonable in that if a buyer requests an extension, I will gladly give it to them within reason.

Usually the buyers I file SNC against have not responded at all and only choose to respond once an SNC is filed.

Many of these buyers still don't correspond with me in any way, they just complete the order and make payment showing total disregard to my or any other seller's terms and conditions.

I am not obliged to accept these buyer's payments as they have already ignored my terms and therefore I choose not to do business with them.

Buyers that have had a genuine problem with the transaction by the time the SNC is filed will make the effort to contact me explaining the problem. in cases like this, I am willing to withdraw the SNC once payment is received.

I have found that withdrawing an SNC under these circumstances usually leads to a negative revenge rating from the buyer who then refuses to change it regardless of whatever the seller does.

I feel that my policy is fair as usually by the time the SNC is filed 2 - 3 weeks has gone by.

I feel that sellers who have buyers who cannot be bothered to respond at all and require an SNC filing, should have the ability to block payment as much as possible while the SNC process takes place, it is just a waste of everyone's time for the payment to go through and then the seller has to return the funds anyway.

Please consider this as it will save a lot of work for sellers.

Unfortunately we have no plans on introducing this.

qball

We have introduced a filter in the Advanced Search option to exclude sellers from the search results, please feel free to test it and report any problems here.

svw

Is there anyway of having the facility that if a seller goes away on holiday and closes all their listings that we can leave a message on our 'empty' sales page something to the effect of "seller currently away but will be back on 'date' whereby they will have all their listings open again" instead of the current "there are no items listed for xxx" - This may just help buyers who are still waiting for parcels etc. from a particular seller not feel like they have been dumped and left in the lurch...