qball

Suggestion Box

lilythepink

Good idea, MsPlod! That section is seriously over-loaded with accessories!

Vinyl Lady Decals

If I can make some suggestions to the BoB team that should satisfy both Bidorbuy and the sellers regarding the ads at the bottom of the listings.

1. Show any sellers ads from the category on closed listings.

2. At least half of the ads at the bottom should belong to the seller whose listing it appears under for ordinary Buy Nows and Auctions.

3. No ads at all under any Enhanced Listings.

If these suggestions are followed then the SEO and deep-linking will still be there, (pages should become stickier as Mac explained) to increase traffic to BoB without adversely affecting sellers who pay for their enhanced listings.

These suggestions are the best of both and I really see it as the only way to improve Bob without disadvantaging sellers.

Please seriously consider these suggestions, I can imagine there would be quite a bit of work involved to implement it, but the way I see it, sellers are going to use the crazy auctions much less if buyers are drawn away from the listing by these ads.

george777

This is further to what someone has already requested, but I believe has been swept under the carpet...

Thank you for your feedback, there are a few ways to navigate the site - we have a well structured category tree, at this you will only be able to browse the categories you wish to see. At this stage we have no plans to exclude certain categories or sellers.

I find it very annoying that an item is listed in Johannesburg or Durban, but is ACTUALLY drop-shipped from Timbuktu at the price of a small plane! Can BoB not enforce that the ITEM location is listed, instead of / in addition to the SELLER's location???

Yes, it's easy to check the shipping cost, but I recently bought an item from a seller that I've bought from numerous times before. The seller is in JHB and has always shipped from JHB at reasonable rates. So, upon paying for this item recently bought, I discovered that it will be "drop-shipped" for R350. Sure, I should have checked the shipping price... but I'm quite sure that the provisions of the CPA will back me up if I claim that the "location" listing creates a certain expectation and could be misleading?

In short, I feel buyers should be able to "exclude" foreign ITEM locations if they want to.

Edited by george777

TS Ron

Perhaps if they had a Category heading etc Drop shipping which all the drop shipping could be listed in. South Africa as a heading or Foreign countries which should make it alot more easier for people browsing. Or shall this confuse potential buyers even more?

Edited by TS Ron

qball

We will not be creating special categories for drop shippers. The Location you see is where the seller is physically located. Where stock comes from will and should be defined in the listing and shipping options etc. No site that we are aware of does this. Seller's should disclose any relevant information in the listing and shipping options. If you are referring to the order from ElectronicPro - it is clearly stated in the listing.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Please can I make the following suggestions....

This first is regarding the CW reports we send through the BoB System:

At the moment the reporter gets an acknowledgement of the report and a reference number. Can this email please be edited to show the full report as well as the other details.

The reason for this is that there are times when reports contains a lot of research on the part of the reporter which is immediately lost to the reporter once the send button is clicked. Should it be necessary to report those specific listings again, the research or extra details needs to be done from scratch.

My second suggestion relates to the 8000 character limit on listings:

Please can the part that states that the listing has gone over the 8000 character limit be changed to state how many characters are in the listing, an example would be "9500 characters - 8000 characters is the allowed limit". This would help us with our editing where necessary.

My last suggestion relates to the extra listings advertised at the bottom of our listings:

Please can the html code be changed so that when one of these ads is clicked, it opens into a new tab next to the original listing instead of opening in the same tab. This would help browsers not to lose the original listing when looking at other listings.

All of these changes would be highly appreciated.

Edited by Vinyl Lady Decals

kirsteng

I would like a feature where I cancreate a powerful custom search. I must be able to save my customsearch and whenever I visit the site select that search to view theresults or aggregated results from my custom searches. But mostimportantly I want I feature to be notified by email when new itemsappear on my custom search in real time or as per chosen time frame.

The custom search must provide custom search terms and power filters and category among others. Also age of auction ect. Just as much customisation as possible to ensure I see only what I am interested in. One of the problems with the current views, like the one showing auctions ending soon is all the junk I am not interested in like gems and jewelry making me rather not use this site because I never see anything I like and it is spammed with junk and commercial products.

xgavinc

Simple Suggestion

I have a simple suggestion, :idea:

New (zero rating) and negative rating users only allowed buy now and classifieds (to increase rating), no bidding. It becomes frustrating when non-serious bidders push the bids up and are not serious about actually paying (or completing the transaction at the end of the bid cycle) for the item if they win. I'm sure this is also frustrating for serious bidders as they would have to bid higher on something they could have won at their lower bid.

I also second the suggestion of MsPlod. Verified users should be given power to change listing locations they notice placed in the wrong categories as well as create new or sub-categories placed in pending queue awaiting authorization from BoB to be made active. A little help goes a long way.

Apologies if this suggestion has already been posted.

lilythepink

It sounds a good idea but I have had many first time buyers who have never let me down. Yes, sometimes they need help from me in completing orders and making payment, but when I see someone is a first time buyer I make allowance for that and do not hold them to my "payment is due within 72 hours or sale will be cancelled". I am happy to let first time buyers bid on my items.

ER001

I'd like an RSS feed at least for the items I'm selling, bidding on, for the questions and answers, for purchase categories, etc. I see the forum has RSS enabled but nothing for the main site. I'm sure there must be an RSS option for the main site somewhere, can someone look into it?

qball

We currently only offer RSS on listing pages and some select categories like What's Hot, What's New etc. We don't offer "personal feeds" primarily due to some restrictions on our side plus load issues. We believe our email and SMS notifications are sufficient for these purposes, and you can use the RSS feed on a listing to monitor bidding.

staccato

Is there some way to prevent buyers from using BobPay EFT when it is not an option on the sellers listings?

qball
Is there some way to prevent buyers from using BobPay EFT when it is not an option on the sellers listings?

Unfortunately not. We have no physical control over the buyers behaviour or actions, even if the bobPay option is NOT offered to them. It's the same as a buyer accidentally using another sellers banking details to pay you, you have no control over this.

donovink

Was busy browsing through a few sellers/buyers ratings and came across a fair amount with foul language. Although you have an option to "report a problem" with listings, there is no way of notifying community watch of problems within ratings. Is it possible to "report a problem" option on the ratings page.

One such example: See here

qball

Unfortunately you need to go into the listing that the rating was for and use the Report a Problem link, this will direct the staff to the particular item and then they can look at the rating, alternatively you can simply email this through to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za with the details.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Would it be possible to add a functionality on the bidorbuy Categories for Bulkloading page please.

I would like to be able to download this as a CSV.

Thanks

C4C2

A suggestion relating to the navigation menu...

My apologies if this has been covered before, I did not see any suggestions about it when looking though.

I would greatly appreciate the ability to exclude certain subcategories from results.

E.g. I click on a main category, say computers and networking, it brings up the list of sub categories on the left, with a result set pertaining to items from all of those subcategories. Now at that point, i would like to exclude certain sub categories from the result set, for instance software and other. I could then sort results to show the ones that end the soonest and scout for good deals?

I believe that this is a logical addition to what you guys have already accomplished, and as a web developer myself i do not quite understand why this functionality has not already been added.

Again my apologies if this was already covered, but my frustration at the moment has brought me to write this message to you.

Thanks!

Edited by C4C2

ANGEL CREATIONS

I would like to suggest that BOB includes a function whereby buyers/bidders can select not to view items that are shipped from outside of South Africa - the current filter of South Africa only removes those sellers not based in SA and there are many more sellers based in SA who ship from overseas. I feel that this will greatly improve complaints by bidders (especially newbies) when they bid and only afterwards find out it is from overseas and have to pay import duties as well as heavy postage. Thanks

qball
My apologies if this has been covered before, I did not see any suggestions about it when looking though.

I would greatly appreciate the ability to exclude certain subcategories from results.

E.g. I click on a main category, say computers and networking, it brings up the list of sub categories on the left, with a result set pertaining to items from all of those subcategories. Now at that point, i would like to exclude certain sub categories from the result set, for instance software and other. I could then sort results to show the ones that end the soonest and scout for good deals?

I believe that this is a logical addition to what you guys have already accomplished, and as a web developer myself i do not quite understand why this functionality has not already been added.

Again my apologies if this was already covered, but my frustration at the moment has brought me to write this message to you.

Thanks!

We are working on product attributes which will help make it easier to filter through products. I cannot give you definite time line but we are working on it.

qball
I would like to suggest that BOB includes a function whereby buyers/bidders can select not to view items that are shipped from outside of South Africa - the current filter of South Africa only removes those sellers not based in SA and there are many more sellers based in SA who ship from overseas. I feel that this will greatly improve complaints by bidders (especially newbies) when they bid and only afterwards find out it is from overseas and have to pay import duties as well as heavy postage. Thanks

Unfortunately no system will be able to determine that, as we do not know where the stock is actually situated. It is important for buyers/bidders to read the descriptions and shipping to determine this. Sellers should disclose this in their listings.

MiemsJewels
Was busy browsing through a few sellers/buyers ratings and came across a fair amount with foul language. Although you have an option to "report a problem" with listings, there is no way of notifying community watch of problems within ratings. Is it possible to "report a problem" option on the ratings page.

One such example: See here

OHHH...........I have seen worse! :biggrin:

ANGEL CREATIONS

Can BOB not include a field whereby the seller has to indicate if item is shipped locally or not and that could then be used for filtering purposes. Most sellers do not disclose this in their listings, one has to check the shipping tab to find that out.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Mac

I posted this quite some time ago and was wondering if there is any progress.

Please can I make the following suggestions....

This first is regarding the CW reports we send through the BoB System:

At the moment the reporter gets an acknowledgement of the report and a reference number. Can this email please be edited to show the full report as well as the other details.

The reason for this is that there are times when reports contains a lot of research on the part of the reporter which is immediately lost to the reporter once the send button is clicked. Should it be necessary to report those specific listings again, the research or extra details needs to be done from scratch.

My second suggestion relates to the 8000 character limit on listings:

Please can the part that states that the listing has gone over the 8000 character limit be changed to state how many characters are in the listing, an example would be "9500 characters - 8000 characters is the allowed limit". This would help us with our editing where necessary.

My last suggestion relates to the extra listings advertised at the bottom of our listings:

Please can the html code be changed so that when one of these ads is clicked, it opens into a new tab next to the original listing instead of opening in the same tab. This would help browsers not to lose the original listing when looking at other listings.

All of these changes would be highly appreciated.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Mac

I know I asked for this before, but can't seem to find it:

Please would it be possible to make the No of Relists, eg, 2 Relists Remaining, clickable so that sellers can sort the items they need to relist, it will make it alot easier and quicker for us to find only those items that need to be relisted at that moment.

In my case, I relist when my items hit two relists to try and prevent anything from dropping off my listings altogether and I would like to find just those, maybe adding an extra option under the status area would be the way to go.

I'm sure most sellers would appreciate this highly.

RISadler

One ... On the "Seller Page" a small little checkbox entitled "Posted" and next to it a textfield for the SAPO tracking number. These then also show up on the "Buyer Page" for their reference.

Two ... The ability to edit the postage entered by the buyer during checkout and then generate a new invoice.