qball

Suggestion Box

BeadsandBaubles

Prompts!

Hi

Don't know really how to term this, but in the "Prompts" is there an ???automatic deduction of the quantities??? when listing similar products but with differing colours, for example.

Say I am selling Tshirts for instant, with a LIMITED total of 100 available, in colours Red, Blue and Green - with 25 Red, 25 Blue and 50 Green. I would then add a prompt "Choose your colour", then add a list of the colours available. Say a customer then wants 10 of each - would the quantities LEFT OVER on each colour then show on the listing?

Is there something like this available on the Prompts? and if not wouln't it be great to have this facility available? I am thinking mainly of the the categories where the majority of my listings are of course, it would be fantastic if this option was available on those crafting goodies. I would not have to list 10 COLOURS of the same type of bead separately, it would save time on emails back and forth on colours available in the event I do list it as a single listing.

Just an example, on 4mm glass pearls I have over 10 colours available - there are 2 ways I could list:

1. Selling 4mm glass pearls at xxx price with 10 colours available - buy now and then mail me for the colour you would like (totally impractical - I may just not have the correct quantity the client is looking for in a certain colour if 2 or more buyers have placed an order)
  2. Selling each colour in a separate listing - extremely frustrating and time consuming.

Hope I have explained this correctly. But I am absolutely certain this would be totally practical and widely used if implemented. Just a suggestion.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Macmuffin

Please could you have a look at updating your postal code database, I have had a buyer who gave me a different postal code to what is on the database and says the correct code hasn't been updated yet.

Kind Regards and Thanks

Seeds for Africa

Hi

I am sure that other sellers who normally sell multiple items on the same order will agree with me here. When someone has bought a number of things and they havent met the terms and you need to file an snc, you cant file an snc for all items in 1 sale but have to go through the process on each item. A bit like you let us rate all items that 1 buyer has bought it would be great if you could snc all items in 1 order.

Thank you...... and keep up the brilliant work guys!

Seeds for Africa

Another suggestion. I deal a fair amount with the bidorbuy customer service staff. I find the service that I get is dependant on who responds to my email. There are some exceptional staff and some.... who lets be honest dont even read the email properly. Would it not make sense to allocate accounts to csr staff so that your customers are always dealing with the same person. I just think better relationships would be built and a lot easier to always deal with the same person. Not sure how practical this would be but a suggestion anyway.

Thanks Bob - and keep up the brilliant work.

Seeds for Africa

A small thing. Bob seem to implement new things without fully testing them. A good example is the new editor that was implemented which effectively left some sellers unable to edit listings for a day or so. How about doing a dry run and getting a dozen or so customers to test the upgrade before going live. That way you can iron the glitches out in advance. Just a thought.

Thank you

jonny_scout

I havent seen any feedback, so I'd also like to add my support for a way to block a seller - too many times I have had to scroll through entire pages because I have no desire whatsoever to buy from a particular person. This would make the process of searching categories much more pleasant :)

Thanks

Pathway

Blocking/excluding a seller - I would also like to see this - as a buyer. Going through the All Crazy Auctions, in Jewlellery, I have to go through pages and pages of the same seller. There's nothing wrong with the seller or the items, but I've seen them all hundreds of times, and I'm not going to buy them.

Pigglet

Filters (again)

I have absolutely no interest in books, coins and stamps. How about a check box where I can exclude categories from my search. I like scanning through the ending soon list for bargains, but get bogged down in the stamps and coins,

qball
I have absolutely no interest in books, coins and stamps. How about a check box where I can exclude categories from my search. I like scanning through the ending soon list for bargains, but get bogged down in the stamps and coins,

There is already filtering offered in search results - including filter by category, price, location, condition. A check box is just as much work as simply clicking on a category that may interest you, so it would make no sense to exclude categories when you already have the option to browse the category you are interested in, by simply using the category filter at the top of the search page... ? Browsing by category is thus more targeted and you do not have to worry about other items being listed in them that do not fit in that category.

brad112

Hi,

Is it not possible to introduce an optional feature into BOB that prevent non SA buyers from placing orders? I clearly show in my postal options that I do not accept international orders but received a order anyway! The buyer then paid via BOB within a hour. This just creates a problem for me as now I have to either refund them or continue with the order. If I refund them what do I do about the cash deposit fee BOB charged me?

Thanks,

Brad

qball

Thanks for your suggestion, however there are no plans on offering this option. Unfortunately we won't be refunding the cash deposit fees.

Kind regards

Cuan

brad112

Hi there,

Can Bid or Buy not add another reason under the delete bid reasons.

i.e. "Buyer has not read the sellers shipping options"

I have now received bids on more than one occasion from buyers outside South Africa despite me specifically stating no international postage offered, it just creates a problem as my postage is generally R25.

Thanks,

artworks

"MAKE AN OFFER" FUNCTION

i am selling my items as "BUY NOW" only.

Often, i get offers, that i might accept and which i then have to reprice, to enable the buyer to buy at the agreed offer price.

i also get many offers that i accept, but the buyers never commit.

it would be very useful if there can be a "MAKE AN OFFER" function (button) whereby members that make offers, that are accepted, are automatically sold to them, without having to go back and forth in the Q&A and to re change the price of a listing. this "MAKE AN OFFER" function can also be an option to a seller when listing a item.

artworks

SAVE FAVOURITE SELLERS

I often buy from sellers, that i enjoyed buying from, or that might have items that interest me in the near future.

it is always difficult trying to find these sellers again, or extra admin work having to look through your member account for the purchase, so that you can now track that seller.

it is not possible that members can save sellers, so that in near future, you can just go to your list of FAVOURITE SELLERS and click on a seller.

artworks

Q & a

I find that the q & a text space is limited, especially when you have to do answers to same question several times.

I recently answered a question from a buyer several times, then i ran out of text space and could not get back to the buyer, with my answer.

Can bob please allow more text space for the q & a

Pigglet

Suggestions

It's great to see the addition of the location filter, but canm we please have either multiple selections OR exclusions. BoB is being swamped with overseas sellers charging ridiculous shipping fees that I have no interest in. Secondly, the exclusion of categories when listing e.g. ending soon auctions. I have no interest in books, coins or stamps and constantly find these cluttering up the pages. Please let me exclude these categories. I know I can select them one by one, but I would like to view all items EXCEPT the ones above.

Thanks for the general improvement in the site recently.

dislexable

Can bidorbuy not handle shipping arrangements?

Let me explain what I would like to see. When adding a listing I choose to let bidorbuy handle my shipping, and then I additionally specify the weight, size, price, whether I want it insured and how I want to get the item to the couriers for delivery.

On the buyers side he specifies how he wants to get it and how quickly.

Bidorbuy calculates the cheapest shipping method between all the courier companies and adds the cost to the item purchase price. Additionally bidorbuy could take out a fixed fee for organising the shipment, or you could just be nice and make it a new feature?

On payment bidorbuy either arranges the shipping or sends a quotation number to the seller from the calculated cheapest courier so he can complete the transaction.

Regardless one of the biggest reasons I dont sell online is because organising and finding cheap and reliable shipping is a pain in the ass.

qball
It's great to see the addition of the location filter, but canm we please have either multiple selections OR exclusions. BoB is being swamped with overseas sellers charging ridiculous shipping fees that I have no interest in. Secondly, the exclusion of categories when listing e.g. ending soon auctions. I have no interest in books, coins or stamps and constantly find these cluttering up the pages. Please let me exclude these categories. I know I can select them one by one, but I would like to view all items EXCEPT the ones above.

Thanks for the general improvement in the site recently.

Thank you for your feedback, there are a few ways to navigate the site - we have a well structured category tree, at this you will only be able to browse the categories you wish to see. At this stage we have no plans to exclude certain categories or sellers.

qball
Can bidorbuy not handle shipping arrangements?

Let me explain what I would like to see. When adding a listing I choose to let bidorbuy handle my shipping, and then I additionally specify the weight, size, price, whether I want it insured and how I want to get the item to the couriers for delivery.

On the buyers side he specifies how he wants to get it and how quickly.

Bidorbuy calculates the cheapest shipping method between all the courier companies and adds the cost to the item purchase price. Additionally bidorbuy could take out a fixed fee for organising the shipment, or you could just be nice and make it a new feature?

On payment bidorbuy either arranges the shipping or sends a quotation number to the seller from the calculated cheapest courier so he can complete the transaction.

Regardless one of the biggest reasons I dont sell online is because organising and finding cheap and reliable shipping is a pain in the ass.

Unfortunately we have no plans in managing or administering shipping companies or pricing, this is not our core business and we are not a logistics management company. We face several issues - technical integration is very difficult with the courier companies, who manages the collection of fees, how will these be billed to sellers? This is unfortunately very difficult to manage and control, both from a logistical and financial point of view. We also do not want to tell sellers which shipping options they can offer. This would also be very difficult due to SAPO issues (technical and administrative). We have been speaking to some couriers companies but integration is a major stumbling block, as is who holds the account with the courier company.

MsPlod
Thank you for your feedback, there are a few ways to navigate the site - we have a well structured category tree, at this you will only be able to browse the categories you wish to see. At this stage we have no plans to exclude certain categories or sellers.

What a great pity! Am presently looking for a very specific cell phone and am rather sick of wading through cell phones supposedly shipped from China and others supposedly shipped from the UK (actually from Potch). Would not dream of actually buying from either seller and they rather flood the cellphone section...

brad112

Is it notpossible for Bid or Buy to automatically imprint any pictures uploaded with thesellers user name, i.e. "Bid or Buy - brad112" I have noticed how common it is for other users and sites to "steal" your pictures. I dohave the software to add watermarks but it is just a pain to do it :)

Edited by brad112

Seeds for Africa

A couple of Suggestions :

1) Would it be possible for bidorbuy to consider a facility similar to that which Ebay offers where one can advise sellers that one is away for a period of time. Presently the only option is to put a note in your shipping info which is not always seen by buyers. Something that sticks out would be more appropriate.

2) Mentioned this before and aksing again. With sellers whose trend is selling multiple items to the same buyer would it not be possible for bob to put a facility in to allow snc'ing all sales to a specific buyer without having to go through the process multiple times.

3) Being able to block buyers that continuously ask you questions via the q and a system would be nice. I understand bobs reasons for not allowing sellers to block buyers carte blanche however the tone of some questions makes one not want to deal with a buyer straight off.

Thanks

Grant

Volla67

Hi BOB

As a buyer, I like to list all the items I am interested in my "watch list".

Could you please implement the following under your "watch list" area.

The story:

Today I am looking for the following in the Auctions:

1. A Computer / Laptop

2. Digital Camera

3. DSLR Lens

4. Motor bike

I browse the Crazy Wednesday auctions and "add to watch list" all the items I am looking for on my list.

Now all the items appear in my watch list.

The appear in random lists, "ending soon", "Price", "Item Name"...

The problem:

In my watch list, I want to custom group all my items!

-If there are 3 digital cameras that I listed in my watch list, I would like to place them under my own heading, "Cameras on Auction".

Now, I can compare the the different items and prices next to each other.

If I have 20 Items that I would like to buy and there are 5 of each at different (of the same) seller, I am having to browse 100 items.

The price will not be the same, the closing time will not be the same, the item description will not be the same!

QUESTION - HOW DO I GET ALL 5 DIGITAL CAMERAS IN MY WATCH LIST IN THE SAME PLACE?

ANSWER - CREATE CUSTOM GROUPS UNDER MY WATCH LIST AREA.

EXAMPLE

- create new group

- new group name: "Digital cameras"

- add all the digital cameras on aution in your watch list to "Digital cameras" group.

Now I can view a head to head competition on the best price for what I want.

CREATE CUSTOM GROUPS UNDER WATCH LIST!

Thank you

MsPlod

Is there ANY chance that sellers of cell phones and cell phone accessories could be requested to restrict listing anything other than cell phones in the "new and second hand cell phone" category. Am still hunting for my ideal cell phone and am seriously sick and tired of wading through ACCESSORIES such as chargers, pouches, cases, earphones, etc. etc. instead of actual cell phones. Seriously irritating to buyers.