qball

Suggestion Box

BumbleBabe

There are sewing patterns under the Embroidery by machine category. These have nothing to do with each other. How ever I can not find a place for them. If I may suggest the following:

Crafts-

Sewing & Fabric-

Sewing-

Patterns

They are more fitting in that category.

jacque31

I posted this in another thread and thought I will post it here as well. Maybe someone from BoB can have a look and tell me what they think.

Basically it's about buyers not giving ratings.

Can't BoB give a rating to these non-rated items, say after 6 months or something. I mean if the buyer were not happy the seller would have known very quickly - negative rating for them. So surely if there is no rating after a time, you can safely assume the buyers was happy, and if not then that is their problem really. Maybe BoB can make a new policy that users agree to - if you don't give a rating after a certain period of time, that the seller will automatically receive a positive. They have to agree to this.

Or maybe something like an automated thing like, after say 3 months that a rating was not given, if a buyers wants to buy something they are redirected to the ratings page - a message are given to them saying that they must rate before they can continue to bid or buy. Or when they want to log in or something. I am sure that will work and sort out this non-rating thing.

BumbleBabe
I posted this in another thread and thought I will post it here as well. Maybe someone from BoB can have a look and tell me what they think.

Basically it's about buyers not giving ratings.

Can't BoB give a rating to these non-rated items, say after 6 months or something. I mean if the buyer were not happy the seller would have known very quickly - negative rating for them. So surely if there is no rating after a time, you can safely assume the buyers was happy, and if not then that is their problem really. Maybe BoB can make a new policy that users agree to - if you don't give a rating after a certain period of time, that the seller will automatically receive a positive. They have to agree to this.

Or maybe something like an automated thing like, after say 3 months that a rating was not given, if a buyers wants to buy something they are redirected to the ratings page - a message are given to them saying that they must rate before they can continue to bid or buy. Or when they want to log in or something. I am sure that will work and sort out this non-rating thing.

Sorry Jacque dont agree with you. Some people may not rate even if they are not happy, you just cant know. If I may, why not change it in such a way that if you dont give a rating your rating you received dont show or count, it may get the lazy buyers to rate. Some buyers dont rate because they are not happy, but if they give a negative the seller will return with a negative, so its better not to rate. Its your choice

jacque31
Sorry Jacque dont agree with you. Some people may not rate even if they are not happy, you just cant know. If I may, why not change it in such a way that if you dont give a rating your rating you received dont show or count, it may get the lazy buyers to rate. Some buyers dont rate because they are not happy, but if they give a negative the seller will return with a negative, so its better not to rate. Its your choice

Okay, but most of those that do not rate only buy a little, and once in a while, some even one time. So making something that those buyers' rating doesn't count if they do not rate will not really bother them because they don't care about that. The one's that do care rate anyway. So the problem lies with the loads of sellers making only a few purchases, most of them don't care - so that won't help really. Need something to basically "force" to give a rating.

BumbleBabe

Hi Guys, the new sellers bob system is brilliant. Thanks to the peeps who work so hard to make it this easy for us.

If I may suggest that the messaging system be available to the buyer as well. We as sellers now have proof of communication and honoring our side of the agreement, but the buyer is still left in the dark. Would it be possible to have a message box for the buyer as well?

Thanks guys

eZethu Coins
Hi Guys, the new sellers bob system is brilliant. Thanks to the peeps who work so hard to make it this easy for us.

If I may suggest that the messaging system be available to the buyer as well. We as sellers now have proof of communication and honoring our side of the agreement, but the buyer is still left in the dark. Would it be possible to have a message box for the buyer as well?

Thanks guys

I like that idea. I would also like to see an option where copies of the BoB messages can also be forwarded to my own e-mail address for my personal records.

SECURITY AND MORE

I am enjoying Bid or Buy very much since the After Sales Management Tools came in and some other new features such as setting up shipping product classes etc. But I am hoping to make this a place where sellers can make suggestions and we can come up with solutions in order to increase sales on Bid Or Buy:

After listing items on Bid or buy , I always look at the number of listings of mine that are open but, as days/weeks go by my listings close and re-list automatically (Another feature I like) . But I find that I have to go through what is open and what is closed and add to the pick list and relist like this.

What would be nice is when your listings are closed -have a link or column/place where Bid or Buy can say that "YOU HAVE 5 ITEMS THAT ARE NOT PUBLISHED" then "Select the items you want to list" Or select "Keep item listed forever" etc

or a setting that will allow you to keep all of your listings open all of the time.(More listings =More views=More sales)

MAYBE - other sellers can give their suggestions....Maybe there is something I am not seeing here? an easier way to do this?

I just find that I list items (Selecting relist 10 times) and after the listing has relisted itself 10 times it closes and I only realize this weeks later when I have not had any sales on that specific product.

But then again: Maybe there is something I am not seeing here? an easier way to do this?

Maybe sellers are using spreadsheets? Any input will be appreciated.

Regards

Security And More

tinytotz2007

Very simple suggestion (or so I think).

Would it be possible to add, last time active, when going into a user?

Reason being I want to see if sellers maybe read questions but haven't replied.

sungems
Yes the problem with questions on your own auction is that people don't always read the questions. On Ebay you can add information once the auction has started and it then appears in a separate area and they can't change the main listing, just add extra info. That could work too.

With a message system it could maybe be public so that the community can keep an eye out but at least it could sort out some problems before the auction is a sealed deal and prevent SNCs later on.

I also have had something that I wanted to ADD therefore giving additional info on a auction that already did have a bid on and if the add info could be possible it would be nice

I am enjoying Bid or Buy very much since the After Sales Management Tools came in and some other new features such as setting up shipping product classes etc. But I am hoping to make this a place where sellers can make suggestions and we can come up with solutions in order to increase sales on Bid Or Buy:

After listing items on Bid or buy , I always look at the number of listings of mine that are open but, as days/weeks go by my listings close and re-list automatically (Another feature I like) . But I find that I have to go through what is open and what is closed and add to the pick list and relist like this.

What would be nice is when your listings are closed -have a link or column/place where Bid or Buy can say that "YOU HAVE 5 ITEMS THAT ARE NOT PUBLISHED" then "Select the items you want to list" Or select "Keep item listed forever" etc

or a setting that will allow you to keep all of your listings open all of the time.(More listings =More views=More sales)

MAYBE - other sellers can give their suggestions....Maybe there is something I am not seeing here? an easier way to do this?

I just find that I list items (Selecting relist 10 times) and after the listing has relisted itself 10 times it closes and I only realize this weeks later when I have not had any sales on that specific product.

But then again: Maybe there is something I am not seeing here? an easier way to do this?

Maybe sellers are using spreadsheets? Any input will be appreciated.

Regards

Security And More

If BOB could have a space keep open until deleted or sold it would be more than wonderful as it do take quite a while to relist the listings that reach the end of the 10 relists. I were up in the clouds when they changed it from 5 relists to 10 relists but if we can have it indefinite until either sold or deleted it would help a lot.

The suggestion above is excellent even if BOB could change the relist to indefinite

eZethu Coins

Personal Offers and Orders

I often make personal offers to buyers after auctions have closed (when I have extra stock of items sold). Unless I am missing something, currently every personal offer results in a separate order. Should the buyer opt for BoB EFT or BoB Credit Card payment, this results in multiple payments. Can this be modified to also combine into a single order or combine with other existing items won into a single order?

Vinyl Lady Decals

I had a customer pay me via Bobpay using a cash deposit today and thought she had overpaid.

The reason for this is that there is no distinction on BoBPay between EFT payment and cash deposits.

This could lead to potential problems should buyers pay cash and not add the deposit fee, most sellers won't notice.

Please can Macmuffin and crew look into adding some sort of icon to show that it is a cash deposit.

It will be highly appreciated

Edited by Vinyl Lady Decals

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi,

I have another suggestion.

Would it at all be possible to create a spreadsheet download similar to the orders download that we currently have, but this one would be for items listed whether open or closed. The columns I can think of that would be needed would be:

Auction / Buy Now / Classified

Title

Seller's Code

Open Date and Time

Close Date and Time

Quantity

Price

No of lists

This would be of great admin help for most sellers, I think, for several reasons including being able to print the list and do inventory to ensure that all items are indeed listed.

JPBon
Hi,

Would it at all be possible to create a spreadsheet download similar to the orders download that we currently have, but this one would be for items listed whether open or closed. The columns I can think of that would be needed would be:

Title

Seller's Code

Open Date and Time

Close Date and Time

Quantity

Price

No of lists

This would be of great admin help for most sellers, I think, for several reasons including being able to print the list and do inventory to ensure that all items are indeed listed.

Brilliant Idea, I have had a few I missed re listing

voldermort

I have noticed the new "open paid promotional with winning bids" which is great however wouldn't it be possible to have the same thing but without any bids....basically "open all paid promotional items". Also sales for last week/month etc, is there any chance of the auctions and buy nows being split up?

I know you can see the exact number of sales on each but I am referring to clicking on buy now items sold and only the buy nows will come up, same for auctions.

Edited by voldermort

BumbleBabe

Good morning BOB,

I have noticed that the increase in SNC filling is effecting almost every one. Most of the time the seller has the feeling or idea that this bid will not be completed or paid for. There is no way to prevent this, and because we dont know for sure we let it close and see what happens.

My suggestion is that if its possible to enable the seller to ask the bidder a question before the auction closes. This way if the buyer does not answer you can then decide to delete the bid to avoid SNC and all that comes with it.

I hope my suggestion is clear enough and you would be able to understand what I mean.

Thank you kindly

Ilze

BumbleBabe

Is there any chance of adding some thing to tell us how many characters over the limit we are when we do a listing?

That would be super duper helpful, pretty please :grin:

booksallsizes

I was sent an email by Lana, letting me know that there is a charity section and can I put one or two of Books Etc's items up there. Pretty soon, a community watch report wanting to know if Books Etc is a charity seller came through. There is a link to the charity which I don't think the reporter bothered to look at, which is fine - but my suggestion is... could the charity seller get a nice big Bob badge (like the verified seller one) saying that they are charity sellers through Bob - i.e. they have been vetted, registration numbers sent through etc. Then we can put this badge on our listings in a nice clear spot.

While this is the first time this has happened, I am sure it won't be the last - I don't blame people for checking, but it would save some hassle (and maybe put the buyer's minds at rest too..). Thanks!

qball
I was sent an email by Lana, letting me know that there is a charity section and can I put one or two of Books Etc's items up there. Pretty soon, a community watch report wanting to know if Books Etc is a charity seller came through. There is a link to the charity which I don't think the reporter bothered to look at, which is fine - but my suggestion is... could the charity seller get a nice big Bob badge (like the verified seller one) saying that they are charity sellers through Bob - i.e. they have been vetted, registration numbers sent through etc. Then we can put this badge on our listings in a nice clear spot.

While this is the first time this has happened, I am sure it won't be the last - I don't blame people for checking, but it would save some hassle (and maybe put the buyer's minds at rest too..). Thanks!

Not to worry - we have added some text in the category that says the following:

"When you buy an item listed here, you will be donating to the charity associated with the seller. Only charities and non-profit organisations approved by bidorbuy may list in this section. To sell items on behalf of a charity or an NPO, please write to hello@bidorbuy.co.za, with the phrase Charity Listings in the subject line."

If anyone reports this, please simply ignore it, we will advise the user accordingly.

booksallsizes

Thanks, Cuan. Hopefully this will make things clearer to buyers... CW reports give me the shudders...

Seeds for Africa

Hi

Small suggestion. I utilise prompts to upsell. If a customer is buying 5 items it can become frustrating to go through the same prompts 5 times. An ideal situation would be for you to be able to set prompts at checkout ie a checkout prompt. This could be in addition to the item prompts.

Thanks

Grant

Seeds for Africa

Hi. Is anything being done to getting Bob onto a .mobi platform. I think as sellers we are missing a huge target market being smart phones.

Seeds for Africa

Hi.

I am getting painful by now with all my suggestions. Deleting picklist items using the bulk tool does not work. Any idea when this will be sorted out?

qball
Hi. Is anything being done to getting Bob onto a .mobi platform. I think as sellers we are missing a huge target market being smart phones.

http://m.bidorbuy.co.za/ - it's basic for now, but we will continue to work on it.

Vinyl Lady Decals
Hi,

Title

Seller's Code

Open Date and Time

Close Date and Time

Quantity

Price

No of lists

Please can the above be looked at?

Also, I know this has been requested before, I'm not sure by whom or where, but pretty please can the sellers receive an email when a buyer changes his/her address. Perhaps only for sales in the last three months so as not to clog the system.

This would go a long way to prevent problems as many sellers download the spreadsheet and use the address on there.

The buyer changes their address when they make payment and then the seller isn't aware of the change.

Thanks

asiv

Hi,

I would like to suggest that we be allowed to choose the kind(type?) of payments to accept on a "per listing" basis instead of the current option. Thanks

Asiv

Edited by asiv