qball

Suggestion Box

lilythepink

A great idea, BumbleBee!

qball
Hi , I was a first time bidder and the experience has been both good and bad. I read the buyer's guide and didnt see any mandatory obligation to buy an item.

I had placed bid on 3 laptops , thinking that I would atleast win once. I was not even bidding aggressively. I made 2 or 3 bids. One bid was finishing at 22.30 and the other at 23.30. I ended up winning both. However I proceeded ordering and purchasing the one that ended first. After which I was looking for options to cancel my bidding for the second one which still had about 40 mins left until closed , so that the next interested party could get it or that the seller is not disappointed.

1. There should be an exit option atleast 30 mins before the bid concludes.

2. I only read it later in the nook and corner that one can write to the seller and withdraw his bid and even then it is upto his discretion. Dont you think this is forcing your customer to buy , even though he has a legitimate reason?

request you to modify the Buying help document , and include the ways a buyer can contact seller to cancel his offer. Q & A generally can be assumed to be produc related.

Also atleast give the buyer some power , to avoid such situations again and such discomfort.

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately your bid is binding, and if you are the winning bidder at the close of the auction, you may be required to complete the transaction, as you have entered into an agreement to purchase the item.

Auctions do not generally allow you to cancel a bid, even with real world auctions - you cannot retract a bid once it is placed. We do however, allow the bidder to contact the seller via the Q&A to ask that the bid be deleted, at the seller's discretion. One should not bid on multiple items at the same time if you cannot conclude the transactions. The difference between our site and real world auctions, is that in real world auctions you cannot bid on multiple items at the same time, therefore it would be logical to conclude that should you bid on multiple items at the same time, there may be a chance of winning all the items. You would need to ensure you bid responsibly to avoid future problems such as this.

The alternative is to explain the situation to the other seller at the close of the auction and they will have to file a SNC to recoup their success fees charged for the "sale".

Kind regards

Cuan

RISadler

Following on from the "dropshippers" and "items not in stock", I would like to suggest that BoB make it mandatory for these sellers to use BoBPay.

Then, BoB keeps the money until such time as the seller informs BoB that the item is now in stock and ready to ship.

The seller must supply both BoB and the buyer with a "lead time", i.e. how long it will take to source the item from the suppliers. After this time has expired and the seller has not received the item, the buyer has the right to cancel the purchase and receive a full refund.

And, just to make sure the sellers state clearly in their listings that the item is not in stock, the buyer must be allowed to cancel the purchase within 24 hours and before making any payment.

Daykie

Another thought I had is if it would be possible to create a way for buyers to subscribe to feeds from specific sellers? I know I do it on ebay and often I've spotted something new I want from a feed. And for people such as myself who sell unique stuff (in my case some hard to find games) it would also be a way of letting people know what new things I've listed. Obviously the buyers could unsubscribe at any time and I can imagine it wouldn't be that hard to implement if you already have a saved search facility. (Which I use and have bought as a result of on a few occasions)

qball
Another thought I had is if it would be possible to create a way for buyers to subscribe to feeds from specific sellers? I know I do it on ebay and often I've spotted something new I want from a feed. And for people such as myself who sell unique stuff (in my case some hard to find games) it would also be a way of letting people know what new things I've listed. Obviously the buyers could unsubscribe at any time and I can imagine it wouldn't be that hard to implement if you already have a saved search facility. (Which I use and have bought as a result of on a few occasions)

Please see this thread - http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/buying-bidorbuy/10702-rss-feeds.html

Thanks

Cuan

lilythepink

Talking of buying and selling terms and conditions, does anyone know what the new Consumer Protection Act is all about? Anyone seen a draft of it yet? Could make for interesting reading. (I heard it was due to be effective October and then I heard it's been put down for about February next year). Anyone with info, please keep us updated. Thanks

Vinyl Lady Decals

I know that any buyer that is unhappy for whatever reason will be able to get a refund and post the parcel back at the seller's cost, not buyers cost. Sellers also have to be very careful with their listings. ALL info must be displayed.

lilythepink

@ Tananka - does this mean some sellers will now double their shipping costs, just in case they have to refund postage? Too horrible to contemplate ...!

Vinyl Lady Decals

I hope not, but l suppose its possible

XJDHDR

I have a small suggestion regarding contacting members of BoB.

At the moment, if you want to contact a specific member, you have to either use their telephone numbers or directly send them an email. Recently, however, I received a negative rating on one of my auctions. One of the reasons given was that I didn't respond to their emails, but the thing is that I never received any emails from this person. Additionally, I sent them 3 emails while the transaction was happening and I never received a response to any of those emails either.

One of my suspicions is that the emails aren't getting through to either of us for unknown reasons. So my suggestion is that BoB implement something like a contact form which one can type their message into and then an email is sent to that member containing the contents of the form. That way, there is an almost guaranteed way of getting an email to the member in question. It can also help keep a member's email address private (ie: less spam). Also, if a link to this form is provided on the member's "ratings" page, it will make it easier to get hold of them too.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hello XJDHDR

This has already been implemented with the new seller's tools.

Use the new messaging system which sends an email directly to the buyer from BoB's server with a record of the email for BoB, the buyer and you to see.

XJDHDR
Hello XJDHDR

This has already been implemented with the new seller's tools.

Use the new messaging system which sends an email directly to the buyer from BoB's server with a record of the email for BoB, the buyer and you to see.

Thank you for the heads up. I'm having some trouble finding the "new seller's tools". Is this the page you are talking about? If so, what am I supposed to be looking for?

Vinyl Lady Decals

I've sent you a PM with the details.

Look at the top of this page next to your Username and click on Notifications.

Edited by Vinyl Lady Decals

ziggy2000

Hi Tananka, could you please explain to me as well how one can send a buyer a private note via BoB's webpage. Thanks!

BumbleBabe

My suggestion is on the filter by (Location)

You have there towns and cities, and outside South Africa

Would it be possible to please add in - INSIDE South Africa

I am sure I am not the only one who is not interested in buying from outside South Africa. Filtering through all the listings is already a tedious task, having the option to filter out the listings outside of South Africa would be a tremendous help.I dont want to wait weeks or pay high postage fees for an item, that I could buy locally. I do realize that local prices will be more (not all the time), but I would pay it with a smile. Buying locally gives me a better chance of receiving my item, and it is easier to sort out if there is a problem with the item eg: if its the wrong colour, size etc.

Please consider it, after all LOCAL IS LEKKER

MsPlod

Excellent suggestion BumbleBabe!!

My suggestion is on the filter by (Location)

You have there towns and cities, and outside South Africa

Would it be possible to please add in - INSIDE South Africa

I am sure I am not the only one who is not interested in buying from outside South Africa. Filtering through all the listings is already a tedious task, having the option to filter out the listings outside of South Africa would be a tremendous help.I dont want to wait weeks or pay high postage fees for an item, that I could buy locally. I do realize that local prices will be more (not all the time), but I would pay it with a smile. Buying locally gives me a better chance of receiving my item, and it is easier to sort out if there is a problem with the item eg: if its the wrong colour, size etc.

Please consider it, after all LOCAL IS LEKKER

Yes please!! Great idea...:biggrin:

eZethu Coins

Shipping costs

Can it be considered that shipping costs MUST be displayed as part of all auctions. Every now and again I see complaints (granted some because buyer didn't read properly) in this regard.

kebs

Can something not be done when a buyer accidentally does a double purchase? This week alone I've had 3 or 4 , almost always from first time buyers. They buy, make a mistake somewhere, usually with the postage, then instead of contacting me, buy again. They don't know about seller fees associated with sales. Now I have to wait a week to file an SNC for these mistakes, & some of the buyers see it as a negative, even though I go out of my way to give them as much info as possible about the procedure. Can't there be a quicker way of cancelling a sale if it was bought in error & BOB can see that the same item was purchased almost immediately afterwards?

Vinyl Lady Decals
Can it be considered that shipping costs MUST be displayed as part of all auctions. Every now and again I see complaints (granted some because buyer didn't read properly) in this regard.

I second this, it should be compulsory for shipping fees to be displayed on all listings.

Any professional seller would do this automatically, there is no reason for it not to be displayed.

It will cut down on buyers being caught unawares and regretting it afterwards.

koekies63

I would like to be able to block some sellers, some because of there outrageous postage and some just because I refuse to ever buy from them again, and like bumble said I don't want to buy outside of SA, it just gets boring having to look at everything they have on auction when looking for something to buy.

BumbleBabe
I would like to be able to block some sellers, some because of there outrageous postage and some just because I refuse to ever buy from them again, and like bumble said I don't want to buy outside of SA, it just gets boring having to look at everything they have on auction when looking for something to buy.

I totally agree with you. Filtering out what you dont want will create a more enjoyable shopping experience. Going through all the listings when you dont want to buy outside of South African is not fun at all.Most of the time you will get annoyed and stop, therefore miss out on finding what you looking for. Also the sellers miss out on a potential sale.

Please I ask again if BOB would consider the filter for location : Inside South Africa

qball

Search on bidorbuy.co.za

There is a location search in the advanced search function, either by province or major centre. Please utilise this facility to filter out overseas sellers.

Thank you

Cuan

BumbleBabe

Thank you qball, for your input. How do I combine filtering all the Provinces so I search the whole South Africa in one. Postage is the same all over South Africa. It helps but I still insist that you consider a filter for inside South Africa.

If I am being unreasonable, if this will be an enormous task or If it would offend sellers from outside of South Africa please tell me.

I mean no offence to you or BOB, I am just a supporter of LOCAL IS LEKKER:cool:

qball

Logically we would not do this, you can have the same issues for local sellers who have lots of listings, so doing an "include" will not resolve such issues. This would be a technical request which the IT team would have to look at but would not be a priority right now due to our other development commitments.

Kind regards

Cuan

BumbleBabe

Thank you qball, much appreciate. I will e-mail a request. Just so we understand each other, the issue is that I dont want to buy outside of South Africa so it will solve the problem.

Thank you kindly :smile: