qball

Suggestion Box

Serthentia Sales

The abolity to add a video to a listing, as is possible in the majority of auction sites, would be a very useful feature.

Bid or Buy would not need to host the video itself, the option could easily be added via a standard IFRAME. That way the video could be hosted on YouTube or similar website, and will be embedded in the listing. This will be especially useful for gemstone listings where a buyer can see a video of the stone to show the fire and sparkle of the stone.

It should be a very simple modification to the site to allow an HTML iframe to be included in the listing.

• Like 1

All Music

It would be helpful to be able to divide the info contained in the shipping description field into separate lines and paragraphs. A lot of sellers include a fair amount of detail in their shipping description which can easily get overlooked stuck away in the middle or at the end of a long paragraph. The info would be easier to see if the different points could be separated line by line.

The ability to be able to highlight certain key words or phrases in the description in bold or in italics could also be helpful.

All Music

I have brought this up before elsewhere but why does it say that an item is no longer available when it closes in a buyers cart? Can it not be made clearer to the buyer that although that listing duration has ended the item has in fact relisted and is still available for sale on bob?

PuMiX

Hi All Music

The items bidorbuy ID changes when it is relisted and so that exact listing is no longer available.

If the item has been relisted the buyer has the option of clicking the "View the relisted Item" if it's in their watchlist.

I hope you don't mind me using your items and below you will notice the ID is 304909862 closed.

https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/304909862/THE_RATPACK_Boys_night_out_CDEMCJ_WFL_6193_FREE_BULK_SHIPPING.html

And the relisted ID is 306730452 for the exact same listing currently open.

https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/306730452/THE_RATPACK_Boys_night_out_CDEMCJ_WFL_6193_FREE_BULK_SHIPPING.html

==========

Example to answer your questions.

I add the item ID 304909862 on my watchlist and it closes today. The relist option is set for tomorrow and you decide to add more information on the add or remove a few things and ID 306730452 relists with different information. 

If the same item is kept in my watch list or cart I could probably complete checkout with a edited listing if I do not check the listing again. 

So a new listing is created and buyers can view if the item is still the same and decide whether to place a order.

PuMiX

Found it

BeeMaz

Hello All.

I am getting frustrated, due to time constraints, at the lack of precision when doing any type of search. For example, if I typed "Fitness watch" and thereafter I choose the lowest price option(or any other option), there are a few hundred unrelated items displayed on screen. Please, try to fix this issue or provide suggestions to overcome this problem.

Thanks for a wonderful forum

Beemaz.

• Like 1

PuMiX

Below suggestion from Serthentia Sales

Can you please explain the reasoning behind the "maximum 10 times" restriction on relisting? I cannot see any possible reason for that restriction. It would be no more difficult for you to allow 100 or 1000 relists. I cannot see any reason why you would have the restriction in place?

Also, a few ideas that I believe you should look into implementing. Ebay has a feature for BUY NOW items which are "Good until sold" which basically means the listing stays active until the listed quantity is sold. Now I do understand that you will not want to lose revenue on enhancements for a listing which might run for longer than a month before the quantity is sold and would normally be relisted after 30 days with an additional enhancement fee. Ways around this would be to charge an extra fee (maybe R50 extra) to list a "Good until sold" item and to also restrict the quantity per listing in those type of listings, maybe a maximum if 50 units for the listing so make sure someone does not just come along and list 10000 of the items and it will be running for years on end. I think this would get more people to pay enhancement fees as they will know if they list 50 items and pay premium enhancement fee, they do not need to worry that only a few sell before the item needs to be relisted and enhancements repaid again.The enhancement would be more beneficial as the seller will know it covers the full quantity listed until all are sold.

My second suggestion would be to create a tool for sellers similar to eBay's AUCTIVA tool. It has amazing functionality to assist sellers. Alternatvely, you could even contact Auctiva and possibly set up an partnership with them for the tool to be modified for usage on Bid or Buy in a similar way that it already links to eBay. I am sure they will be interested as it will be an additional revenue stream for them. Check out the tool at https://www.auctiva.com

Your thoughts on these ideas and if BoB might look into implementing them?

All Music

The ability to be able to open all one's listings to offer with the push of a single button, instead of having to activate one by one.

All Music

At the moment a seller can make an offer to a buyer once an item closes if that item is on the buyers watchlist, but only if it's an auction listing.

Is it a possibility to expand this to include buy nows?

shamotz

With many sellers now offering Pargo shipping I have been drawn back into the buying craze on BoB.  Possible to further enable my shopping addiction by adding a shipping price filter or similar? 📦

SomethingSmall

Good morning fellow Bobbers,

Perhaps my issue has already been discussed in previous posts, but it certainly didn't result in a solution. 

I've been a seller since 2011.  My items listed are usually high value, so I don't rely on, nor do I expect, high volume sales, BUT the incomplete transactions do make a huge difference to my account at times.  I do, as I'm certain all of us, would appreciate a SINCERE buyer system, where the buyer's held responsible for their decision to click BUY on an item.  However, the amount of non-paying buyers have, in my experience, increased dramatically over the past year or two.  Following this, is the immediate debit to one's account and then an extended period of time before one can file an SNC, that eventually results in cancellation of the success fee.  Would it not make sense for BidorBuy to deduct the success fee once the BUYER makes the effort to conclude the sale?  This platform is, in my opinion, becoming similar to "Marketplace" on Facebook, where buyers think that buying means interest.  Same thing here, they "buy" and doesn't take it further nor respond to any emails, thus only expressed interest.

Is there not a possibility of some type of screening process or flagging system for buyers pre making any transactions?  As sellers, we're held to all sorts of rules and regulations, which is understandable and welcomed, but the buyers are not held to the same type of scrutiny.  I've read somewhere of a "red flag system" for buyers and I totally agree with that suggestion (apologies and credit to the original poster) or at least something similar.  BoB can then implement a system where their success fee for Red Flaggers are held back until the sale is complete (if not payment, then at least the transaction).  First-time buyers and buyers up to a certain amount of SUCCESSFUL transactions or purchases, carries a red flag.  For buyers who accumulated 3 or more non-payments, who are not banned or blocked, at least gets a red flag, as some form of immediate warning to sellers.  Think about it - as sellers, we have to, at times, send very high value items to a buyer BEFORE payment's released, which is only done once the buyer gives a positive rating!  And, yes, I can post this, as I have experienced it.

Thank you for allowing me to make a suggestion (and simultaneously vent a bit).

All Music

It would be nice if there could be some sort of indication that messages sent via the bob messaging system have been read by the receiver. Like the blue tick you get on WhatsApp. OLX also show messages as read.

• Like 1