qball

Suggestion Box

qball

Hi All

I am opening a suggestion box - as we do value your suggestions, the purpose of this is for you to post suggestions/ideas for the site, how it can be improved and how we can make it better for all.

However - No discussion or debate on these will be entered into (please do not debate or discuss any issues or problems here, simply state the problem and the suggestion or remedy).

Please note - there is no guarantee that they will be implemented.

This way we can keep track of what has been suggested and possibly provide feedback on what we have implemented or are considering.

Kind regards

Cuan

qball

Hi All

Please do not post here if you do not have feedback or suggestions regarding the site.

Thank you

Cuan

eppie5064

I’ve recently had (good) clients ask for discreet auctions on the items I sell. I sell gems not adult goods. I’m not very comfortable with it (as a buyer myself) as I understand that buyers may feel that sellers may abuse the system for schill bidding.

However, I understand the opposite side which is that if you source your items on BOB you would like to keep your suppliers private. This also pertains to competitors and security.

With this in mind I’d like to suggest the following:

Keep the current Discreet auctions for sensitive stuff like adult goods etc. but use 1 or various combinations of the following for items where privacy is valued but there are schill bidding fears:

A privacy option: the auction is public but the BUYER has the option when the auction has ended to make the purchase discreet i.e. the ratings and winning bid in the closed listing look like those of Discreet auctions. This way sellers cannot be seen to use schill bidding and the buyer’s buying record is private.

A “private bid room”: only the bidders (or top 2, 3, 5 etc) on an item can see the others’ UserIds. Non Bidders see a Discreet auction regarding bids. After the auction has closed, the “bid room” falls away and bids and ratings are discreet, for bidders and non bidders alike.

Temporary User Ids for discreet auctions. A user gets a temporary ID for discreet auctions, which shows in the auction, not the “D”. This ID is system generated and is fixed for a certain period such as month or two, after which a different ID is automatically generated. The reasoning behind this unless you are a casual buyer, you tend to bid on the same stuff against the same people. And you get to know their bidding habits etc. I think this may help with schill bidding fears.

RAG Auctioneers

It would be really cool to arrange open auctions according to "Last bid on". :)

shamotz

For sorting listings...when I'm looking for items to buy, I'd like to have a way to first sort by ending soon then by lowest price within ending soon.

Perhaps an option that will list items ending: today/tomorrow/next 3 days/next week/month/etc?

then we can sort according to lowest price/location etc in the usual way.

Oh, just thought that people may also want to search within price ranges...so allowing for upper and lower limit price might be nice too :)

Currently looking for a phone and many sellers seem to list accessories under phones so the actual bargain price phones get hidden in between a ton of accessories!

Perhaps have a "Suggest move to:" dropdown with all the other categories and that would send an email to BoB (probably have to hire a new person just to handle the number of suggested moves!) and BoB can decide which are appropriate moves....I think it would just make shopping a little less frustrating in this case :)

Asha Craft Jewellery
Oh, just thought that people may also want to search within price ranges...so allowing for upper and lower limit price might be nice too :)

Homepage - Advanced Search (top right on the page) - Second option down is; Price Range from R...... to R...... ;)

qball
For sorting listings...when I'm looking for items to buy, I'd like to have a way to first sort by ending soon then by lowest price within ending soon.

Perhaps an option that will list items ending: today/tomorrow/next 3 days/next week/month/etc?

then we can sort according to lowest price/location etc in the usual way.

Currently looking for a phone and many sellers seem to list accessories under phones so the actual bargain price phones get hidden in between a ton of accessories!

Perhaps have a "Suggest move to:" dropdown with all the other categories and that would send an email to BoB (probably have to hire a new person just to handle the number of suggested moves!) and BoB can decide which are appropriate moves....I think it would just make shopping a little less frustrating in this case :)

Please have a look at the advanced search options - you should be able to do quite a lot of this using this page -

Search on bidorbuy.co.za

Thanks

Angeluv

I have a few suggestions.... thank you.

Under ALL SALES, there are these invoice options:

Print Item List Print Packing Slip Print Invoice

Can you please add on 'SAVE INVOICE' (for me to save on my computer)

and 'EMAIL INVOICE' (so that i can email it to the buyer)

because i like emailing the order invoice to the buyer(especially when it is a big order), and saying' thank you for your order, here is your tracking number'.

Under Sales:

SalesAuctionBuy NowPersonal OfferPast 2 Days0 5

110.00 0 Past Week0 5

110.00 0 Past Month0 56

Can you please add 'TOTAL SALES' ?

so that we can see what our total sales is since we joined, it would be nice to know.

This is a bit whatever, but could you also look into also having 'TOTAL PROFIT', and adding a space where we list each item, to put in our cost price, then when we get an order, it automatically tells us how much our profit is on that order. I would like that, as i have to work it out in my head, if i want to know what my profit is.

Sales totals + SNC Under Sales, it says ive sold say;

Past Month 0 56

but i had a SNC of R2200, so its not a true reflection of my sales.

Cant you change it, that once a SNC goes through that amount is deducted from the sales amount, so that it is a reflection of exactly what ive sold ?

SalesAuctionBuy NowPersonal OfferPast 2 Days0 1

100.00 0 Past Week0 6

210.00 0 Past Month0 41

1,274.00 0 All Sales

Under sales, where it says all sales, cant you put an amount of the total sales in rand, like by all the others ?

Do only the past 2 or 3 months sales stay on the system ?

If so, cant a record of all the sales stay on, since we become a member on the site ?

********************************************************************************

Viewing all my listings in categories

When you view all a seller's listings,

it looks something like this: - showing you the different categories

Jewellery & Watches (11)

Sport & Leisure (3)

Toys & Hobbies (6)

Unusual (2)

Cant it be changed so that when we are viewing our own listings,

we could also see it in categories ?

Otherwise i have to scroll through all the pages to find a specific item.

Also please add a search button by all a sellers listings, coz i edit my listings quite often, and have to scroll through 6 pages to find the item im looking for. ( i know i could put it in the pick list, but thats still 100 items, a search button will be easier).

***************************************************************************************************************

Is it necessary for us to get an email for every automatic relist, telling us an item is now closed- when it is on for relisting 10 times ? - i dont need an email telling me that every time, when it relists, only on the last relist i would need an email ?

And then when i go to view my closed items, those 10 relists are all there, as a closed item, i just need one of them under closed items, not all 10, because if im searching for a closed item, that i need to relist (because i maybe sold one of that item, and now i have more of it in stock, so i need to relist it, it is hard to distinguish between the ones that closed but have been relisted 10 times(therefore already relisted), and ones that were only listed once, and sold once, that i would need to relist again, if i get stock.

Sorry for all my 'moaning', hope it all makes sense.

booksallsizes

Hi - a tutorial for new buyers to help them to 'complete the purchase'? There may be one but I haven't been able to find it... I am having a lot of hassles with new buyers not knowing what to do and it's very frustrating for them especially as I find it hard to explain what to do over the phone or by email.

And.... I should have also posted my suggestion to be able to suspend (or 'sleep') a bidorbuy seller's account for a period of time without having to close everything and relist later, sorry, only opened my eyes and saw the suggestion box later... But all the details of this suggestion is posted under 'feedback to bidorbuy team'

Thank You!

BumbleBee

Is it possible to add a link on a seller's profile page that a buyer could click on to see what that seller has on paid promotions or upcoming promotions that haven't opened yet?

I have a few sellers I like to buy from and would really find such a feature very useful when it comes to planning a budget for future auctions.

sungems
I have a few suggestions.... thank you.

Viewing all my listings in categories

When you view all a seller's listings,

it looks something like this: - showing you the different categories

Jewellery & Watches (11)

Sport & Leisure (3)

Toys & Hobbies (6)

Unusual (2)

Cant it be changed so that when we are viewing our own listings,

we could also see it in categories ?

Otherwise i have to scroll through all the pages to find a specific item.

I also would like to view my listed items in catagory order not just closing soonest

sungems
Hi - a tutorial for new buyers to help them to 'complete the purchase'? There may be one but I haven't been able to find it... I am having a lot of hassles with new buyers not knowing what to do and it's very frustrating for them especially as I find it hard to explain what to do over the phone or by email.

And.... I should have also posted my suggestion to be able to suspend (or 'sleep') a bidorbuy seller's account for a period of time without having to close everything and relist later, sorry, only opened my eyes and saw the suggestion box later... But all the details of this suggestion is posted under 'feedback to bidorbuy team'

Thank You!

Definately I have had a buyer contacting me 24H45 one evening asking how to complete the purchase and to get to the banking details. Some buyers phone me as much as 5 times to get the complete purchace/order done.

sungems

There are a couple of procedures on BOB that are named different on the buyer side and the seller side.

This is very confusing if a buyer ask you to help with this process and the terminology that you used is not displayed on there side. Also if you do have a new employee that you need train and you have to inform him either this and/or this is the same thing.

Egg: We as sellers are only talking or using the terminology: order and when you as seller ask the buyer to complete the order (for any reason, they neede to get the banking details or what ever reason) they do not have a clue what you are talking about as on their side it is displayed as Complete the Purchase and when complete the same link are refers to: order it is confusing to the buyer

Also the buyer is adding auctions to there WATCHLIST and on the seller side it is auctions traced/tracking

I know it is and most sellers know it. But when for some reason you need to explain it to a newbie it is confusing to them as you use the terms you are used to.

It would also be very nice to have a COMPLETE tutorial with every screen capture as to how to complete the order/purchase (with prompts) as we as sellers do not get to do this process often and when asked by a buyer what they should do we are not fully equip to help them as we are also just guessing and are helping them blindly.

shamotz
Please have a look at the advanced search options - you should be able to do quite a lot of this using this page -

Search on bidorbuy.co.za

Thanks

Thanks, I didn't think to use that before :D

MsPlod

Sort by seller...

Would it be possible to include a "sort by seller" function?

I have mentioned this before on another thread but think that it may have been the wrong forum in which to raise it.

See this post... http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/feedback-bidorbuy-team/9170-blocking-sellers.html#post72578

Where I request for a function such as this:

So where one sees:

Sort by Default | Ending Soon | What's New | Lowest Price | Hot Selling

One would then see:

Sort by Default | Ending Soon | What's New | Lowest Price | Hot Selling | Seller

Please??

sungems
Would it be possible to include a "sort by seller" function?

I have mentioned this before on another thread but think that it may have been the wrong forum in which to raise it.

See this post... http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/feedback-bidorbuy-team/9170-blocking-sellers.html#post72578

Where I request for a function such as this:

So where one sees:

Sort by Default | Ending Soon | What's New | Lowest Price | Hot Selling

One would then see:

Sort by Default | Ending Soon | What's New | Lowest Price | Hot Selling | Seller

Please??

Yes I think it would be a good idea

ALSO

Not sure if this belong here:

Can you please, please separate the combining fee form the shipment fee in two separate entries on the order. I do have 90% of new buyers asking me why the shipment is all of a sudden more expensive than what were provided on the auction. When explaining to them it is not just shipment, the combining fees is added to this amount they do understand but we first need to explain it to them. Some buyers think they need to pay this shipment fee on the order and still need to add the combining fee.

Also I needed to explain this to a couple of buyers not just one: The wording “each additional item” that is provided on the shipping section when the seller did have his/her shipping loaded for auto shipment calculation be the system. I clearly knew what this mean, most buyer know what this mean but newbie’s don’t, they only knew the term combining fee. Can’t this for there benefit be changed to something like: Combining fee for this item, or, when combining auctions this amount will be added to your sale. Or anything like this. Or a header stating: When combining the highest shipment is payable and on the additional auctions the combining fee will be added to the shipment fee (or if you do decide to create an additional entry line for the combining fees: added to your order)

Daykie

I know this might be a big thing to implement but would it not be possible to allow the sellers to contact bidders somehow, even in a reverse question way, but to target a specific bidder. Obviously it would have to be implemented carefully since it could lead to the bypassing of bidorbuy but there are times when I really need to contact a buyer before the auction closes to make sure they know what they are bidding on instead of having to find out after the auction has closed and I have to cancel the order. Especially bad if they outbid somebody with more ratings who then bids on something else and I get nothing. The main problem I have is with people ordering gamecube games which are 100% compatible with the wii but need a wired controller, it's stated in the auction but not everyone reads so they then think I'm trying to con them if I then check to make sure they have required items after the auction has closed.

mellowred

Hi Daykie, it may not really be a solution, but you can post a question on your own auction. Whether the bidder would read it or not is a problem, but it may help.

Your reverse question thing is a good idea. Sort of like a PM (?). Problem is this may be a loophole for the unethical to privately deal on the site to avoid fees. It would be very time consuming for BoB to check on all the PMs flying about.;)

Daykie

Yes the problem with questions on your own auction is that people don't always read the questions. On Ebay you can add information once the auction has started and it then appears in a separate area and they can't change the main listing, just add extra info. That could work too.

With a message system it could maybe be public so that the community can keep an eye out but at least it could sort out some problems before the auction is a sealed deal and prevent SNCs later on.

wayjen

I post clothing on auction but do not get a section for Jerseys, is there one that i don't see?

windrider

Is there a way to combine "Buy Now" items and auctions won from the same seller into one order? If I have some items, say two silver chains from a seller and then subsequently win an auction from the same seller, I cannot combine the items from the "Buy Now" and the auction into one order. I have to fill in two separate orders. Combining both types into one order would make it easier.

MsPlod

Second this suggestion!!

Is there a way to combine "Buy Now" items and auctions won from the same seller into one order? If I have some items, say two silver chains from a seller and then subsequently win an auction from the same seller, I cannot combine the items from the "Buy Now" and the auction into one order. I have to fill in two separate orders. Combining both types into one order would make it easier.

Two thumbs up - Windrider:D

Shreks

Hi , I was a first time bidder and the experience has been both good and bad. I read the buyer's guide and didnt see any mandatory obligation to buy an item.

I had placed bid on 3 laptops , thinking that I would atleast win once. I was not even bidding aggressively. I made 2 or 3 bids. One bid was finishing at 22.30 and the other at 23.30. I ended up winning both. However I proceeded ordering and purchasing the one that ended first. After which I was looking for options to cancel my bidding for the second one which still had about 40 mins left until closed , so that the next interested party could get it or that the seller is not disappointed.

1. There should be an exit option atleast 30 mins before the bid concludes.

2. I only read it later in the nook and corner that one can write to the seller and withdraw his bid and even then it is upto his discretion. Dont you think this is forcing your customer to buy , even though he has a legitimate reason?

request you to modify the Buying help document , and include the ways a buyer can contact seller to cancel his offer. Q & A generally can be assumed to be produc related.

Also atleast give the buyer some power , to avoid such situations again and such discomfort.

SProducts

Hi, I sell phones and also sell memory cards. Is there a way we can get prompts that would let a buyer select to add a memory card and this get automatically calculated to their order istead of having a separate listing for a memory card?

Sipho

BumbleBee

This is a long shot but would BoB consider giving us a "chat room"?