Sign in to follow this  
Daykie

Worst games you've ever played

Daykie    10
Daykie

So now that the console wars have died down somewhat and the lines have been drawn, what are some of the worst games you've ever played. No need for hating other consoles anymore, lets hate on the lamest games ever.

AS for me, I'd say the worst game I can remember playing in recent times is one of the superhero spin offs like superman or the hulk. Not my scene at all. Yes I've probably sold worse ones but those you'd have expected a little more from.

DA_LION_619    10
DA_LION_619

Damn this is hard its got to be NFS underground 1 and NFS shift

Underground - You couldn't roam like in underground 2

Shift - it lost the plot of street racing if I want track racing I would of bought NASCAR

Daykie    10
Daykie

I'd agree with you there, most wanted is my favourite one cause the cops actually do something to you and you end up with these insane chases.

DA_LION_619    10
DA_LION_619
I'd agree with you there, most wanted is my favourite one cause the cops actually do something to you and you end up with these insane chases.

most wanted was too easy almost finished in 1 day with moderate gameplay(anyone notice we are building our post counts with this war;))

jacque31    10
jacque31
(anyone notice we are building our post counts with this war;))

Was thinking that earlier today :D:D:D

Daykie    10
Daykie

Well see if i didn't support nintendo this category would go back to being dead. Haha. I've played the other nfs's but somehow most wanted just gels best for me, never liked the night racing ones either and love having the cops on my tail, makes it feel more like the movies.

Other games that I really don't get the obsession with is footie games. Sometimes when I'm buying up lots there'll be guys selling a whole lot with all the series and all the years. PRo Evo, TIF, Championship manager, Fifa. Surely you only need one every couple of years, since the gameplay stays the same? And once you've got the hang of it surely even the multiplayer doesn't get more exciting, pass, pass, shoot. I played fifa 06 through a whole season once and didn't bother carrying on after that. Fifa Street or Mario strikers are better because there are no rules so for multiplayer matchups things can get nasty.

jacque31    10
jacque31

Yip I agree with you about the football games, but playing against a mate can be fun. But as you said don't need every new season.

RISadler    10
RISadler

Myst. Way too easy, very predictable puzzles and no real purpose.

Daykie    10
Daykie

Well of course with myst once you'd done it you could just start the game and finish it without even moving to another land, just close all the switches except one or something. I think the whole attraction of that game was supposed to be the photo realistic digitally created scenes.

I watched this funny movie last night from gametrailers, covering their top ten best and worst games ever (this was just as the seventh generation was starting so nothing really from the 360 ps3 wii). Here are their worst at that time, i'm happy to report I've never played even one of them.

10. Bad Boys Miami Takedown

9. Barbie Horse Adventures

8. Bubsy 3D

7. Zero Wing (where the original quote "all your base are mine" comes from)

6. Pacman Atari 2600 edition

5. Legend of Zelda: Wand of Gamalon (not official nintendo game, made for the phillips i cd )

4. Shaq Fu

3. Custer's Revenge

2. ET

1. Superman 64

And the best at that time:

10. Resident Evil 4

9. Halo CE

8. Metal Gear Solid

7. GTA San Andreas

6. Final Fantasy VII

5. Tecmo Super Bowl

4. Super Mario 64

3. Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting

2. Tetris

1. Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Oddly enough, no sony made exclusives there, only FF VII which is a third party exclusive. I think the list now would look a bit different, now that sony actually pays more attention to it's own games.

RISadler    10
RISadler
I think the whole attraction of that game was supposed to be the photo realistic digitally created scenes.

Good thing then that they gave a free screensaver with the game, as that was infinitely more entertaining.

An "adventure" game is about puzzles and not "eye-popping" scenery. Some of the best games in the genre were those from Infocom, with The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy springing to mind --- and they had zero graphics! (But the feelies were nice.)

Another baddie for me was Baldur's Gate II, as the story was paper-thin, broke much continuity with BG1, and you had to keep certain NPC's in your party to trigger sub-plots (but more than the alotted 6, which meant you kept sending some poor schmo to the Copper Coronet, where (s)he stagnates).

And another stinker was The Settlers IV, as it took everything that made The Settlers II great and discarded it.

And Civilization III did exactly the same, chucking the good of aspects of Civ2 out!

Steve87    10
Steve87

The Italian Job..enough said!

RISadler    10
RISadler
The Italian Job..enough said!

And the (remade) movie!