Sign in to follow this  
jacque31

Wii owner? sorry for you!

jacque31

Found an article about 3D gaming a while ago, covering the different platforms and the kit needed for each. Have a look at the Nintendo Wii regarding this topic. If that doesn't show they're not serious then I don't know.

Get Your Game On in 3D - Plugged In - Yahoo! Games

Love the statement "Hope you're not a Wii owner" & "In other words, get used to flat games or buy a PS3"

Fine if you don't care about 3D, but goes to show wii is only here to make a quick buck! Soon the novelty will wear off. You will need a lot more to survive as long as Sony and xbox have. One thing to sell the most units for a while, but another thing to stick around for a while with the bigger boys.:cool:

Daykie

HAha, well good thing the idea of wearing stupid glasses when playing games doesn't appeal to me then. Since nintendo have been around the longest (25 years), I doubt they'll just go away because the competitors are doing 3d. I think this whole 3d thing will never really take off, since it's a novelty thing, much the same as the uninitiated write the wii off as a novelty, not realising there's more to it than a new control scheme. :D

DA_LION_619
HAha, well good thing the idea of wearing stupid glasses when playing games doesn't appeal to me then. Since nintendo have been around the longest (25 years), I doubt they'll just go away because the competitors are doing 3d. I think this whole 3d thing will never really take off, since it's a novelty thing, much the same as the uninitiated write the wii off as a novelty, not realising there's more to it than a new control scheme. :D

I don't think so I for one would love the 3D effect of blood in G.o.d of war and bet all you Nintendo noobs:p would love mario in 3D but you'll cant have it :D

BumbleBee

I had a ps2 for a while which was used mainly by my son who is now 7 years old. After watching him play for a while I decided to take a look at the Wii. I have to say that the games available to Wii owners are limited and yes the graphics and special effects etc on the Wii are nowhere near the quality of the PS2 but on the other hand the level of involvement in the games I have for the Wii are far superior. For any parent with small kids I would seriously recommend the Wii console unless you don't mind your kids turning into mindless couch potatoes, and even for adults who don't get out much and aren't serious gamers the Wii provides for great entertainment and a serious workout ;)

DA_LION_619
For any parent with small kids I would seriously recommend the Wii console

POINT- Not for hardcore gamers but for children, but children will out grow this stage and want a PS3 with HD only some people remain kids forever(Daykie):P

jacque31
the games available to Wii owners are limited and yes the graphics and special effects etc on the Wii are nowhere near the quality of the PS2

Quote of the month:p PS2 is better, so wii will never touch the PS3

POINT- Not for hardcore gamers but for children, but children will out grow this stage and want a PS3 with HD only some people remain kids forever(Daykie):P

HAHAHA:D

Lukeness

I don't think they can be directly compared at all. The Wii is a completely different experience and was a real departure from traditional gaming platforms

Daykie

*sigh* bumblebee, you're not helping! haha. Tell you what da lion, when you get a wii one day even as a gimmick, I'll find some real games for you, and then you can accurately comment on the gameplay. The problem is in SA that nintendo never really pushed the 64 or gamecube so all the little gamer dudes back in the day only had PSones, and got into sony, now the wii has come to the fore because of it's motion control trick and they can't see past that to why anyone would want to play a real nintendo game because to their input obsessed minds it's all about the graphics, and they've never experienced the great gameplay and characters nintendo has to offer. Internationally you'll find serious gamers on all three consoles and many who own all of them. On the ratings aggregator sites like metacritic, and gamerankings nintendo exclusives consistently rank higher than any ps exclusives. Are all 50 plus of the reviewers also delusional or childish? Nope, they've just played all the games on offer on all consoles and know a good game when they see it. So again my point is serious gamers really can't afford to write off nintendo if they want the best games.

Play a real nintendo game and then we can talk properly on equal terms, since I have played proper games on all three systems. ;)

Personally, if the xbox didn't have such a high failure rate, I'd probably enjoy it more than the PS, simply because of the type of games it offers. The old xbox I had was not bad but the trouble was getting games for it. Pity really, because the analogue triggers were brilliant for racing games.

Incidentally this whole problem wouldn't exist if nintendo hadn't made a mistake back in the day by choosing phillips over sony for their snes cd addon. Sony had already started development and got mad, so just carried on to make the ps.

jacque31

I would also not mind (dare I say it) maybe one day own xbox as well. The only thing for me that I hate regarding the xbox is I really don't like the remote (can get another remote), and also the famous hardware failure rate. But the new one is said to have solved the problem, but only time will tell. But I have to say the new look for the xbox looks a lot better than the old design. Having said that Sony is still on top for me. The wii honestly I can't imagine owning. Also we all have an expensive hobby and owning 3 different consoles & a PC and getting games for all of them is not going to happen for all people. So at the end of the day one has to choose what he/she enjoys the most. Me having owned PS1, and PS2 got me into PS3 and never looked at anything else really because I think it's great. If it wasn't then maybe I would have tried something else, but am very happy with it. Can't wait until the next gen consoles come out, imagine how this thread will be then haha. Speaking of next gen.....the names will be interesting, okay all know Sony will probably be PS4. But what about xbox.....maybe xbox 720, and for the Wii.....maybe Mii:p

Daykie

Ahh so you see my point then about it's all what you know! When the ps one first became big I was into PC games so didn't care for consoles. Silly rivalry aside, in all seriousness you should try some of nintendo's real games, then you'll understand that they are a different flavour but not a bad one. I'm in the fortunate position of buying and selling games as a side business so with all the consoles I've owned, except the wii, I found them second hand for good prices. One day if I find a PS3 and 360 with lots of extras which I can sell off I'd probably get them and try them out properly, just to see, although honestly, with the family and job etc. I've only got enough time to play on one console really and since a lot of the wii games are broken into smaller segments it's easy to just jump in and play for a little bit at a time.

I think it'll be a while before they unveil the next gen of consoles especially since the PS3 has only just started turning a profit and the xbox has just launched a redesign, hopefully with no more hardware issues. But yes it will no doubt be the PS4 and Xbox 720. Nintendo don't really follow a pattern so I guess it's anyone's guess. I also guess that due to the popularity of the wii it could become like the PS2 in that even once the next generation is out they'll still keep supporting it with new games. Who knows what the next great revolution will be. Plug it straight into your brain maybe?

jacque31
Who knows what the next great revolution will be. Plug it straight into your brain maybe?

I can't wait lol:p:o:D

Daykie

Too bad if you get distracted in the middle of that last boss fight!

Incidentally i find it funny when people think playing games turns you into some kind of vegetable, but then those same people will sit for hours watching tv. Surely that's worse? You're not even thinking or doing anything... just vegging out. You can't even interact with people. At least playing multiplayer games you've got the whole interaction thing, you're thinking, you're using your hand eye coords.

DA_LION_619
you're using your hand eye coords.

hmmm I don't think this applies to video games, the only thing I enjoy about the wii is that your fingers or hands don't pain only your body which is much better but takes longer to recover from

Daykie

But surely if you are seeing something with your eyes and reacting with what you do with your hands it's hand eye coords? Either rate more than what you're doing watching TV.

DA_LION_619
But surely if you are seeing something with your eyes and reacting with what you do with your hands it's hand eye coords? Either rate more than what you're doing watching TV.

I know but its virtual I'd say playing catch would be better anyone else's comment on this

Daykie

Haha, yeah it probably won't turn us into ninjas or anything but for people who think watching movies or TV is more noble somehow we've got that at least.

Steve87

I must say, I love it when fanboys go the extra miles to defend their awesome consoles. Purely entertaining! That said, I think trying games on the different platforms will always give a broader perspective of the consoles out there. I think every gaming console has something different to offer and every gamer will have a preference when it comes to consoles. That's what makes gamers who they are (a bit philosophical?). If you grew up knowing a single console and you enjoyed gaming, then its likely you'll stick with it for life.

Looking at 3D, I've seen Motorstorm 3D in action and it does look quite good. The uptake of 3D is something that, i'm sure with improved technology, will continue to increase gradually. Microsoft and Nintendo might decide to get on the bandwagon at some point. May be on the next gen consoles, which I doubt we will see in the next 2 years, with sony releasing the move, microsoft and the Kinect, and the wii still stealing hearts of plenty of families out there.

DA_LION_619

say what you like you will get a great work out on a wii but if you think about it in japan theres no space for gyms and all so the wii's the closes they got

Daykie
I must say, I love it when fanboys go the extra miles to defend their awesome consoles. Purely entertaining! That said, I think trying games on the different platforms will always give a broader perspective of the consoles out there. I think every gaming console has something different to offer and every gamer will have a preference when it comes to consoles. That's what makes gamers who they are (a bit philosophical?). If you grew up knowing a single console and you enjoyed gaming, then its likely you'll stick with it for life.

Haha! Thank you Steve, that was a point I was trying to make. Just cause you don't know anything about Nintendo games, doesn't mean they're rubbish! I've tried all three from the last generation and the gamecube won out, which automatically meant the wii was of the most interest to me. What I've seen of the other consoles doesn't excite me enough to want one, especially since it would have to be in addition to the wii, which I already have some great games for.