Sign in to follow this  
BeadsandBaubles

Incorrect Shipping Fees

BeadsandBaubles

Hi

Can anyone tell me what I should do about incorrect shipping fees? I have had a few customers that have paid in small amounts - it seems to be recurring a lot this past month. They are for single items, a Rands worth or so, then shipping fees as low as 28c get added and the payment made.

How many years ago could a person buy a stamp for 28c, never mind the packaging/envelope to send the item in. :confused:

I have filed an SNC on one or two with no reply from the buyers, I now sit with their few cents worth of payment in my account. And what happens in a month or two when this comes back to bite me in the ----- and I get rated negatively and called a "thief/liar/dishonest" and all sorts of unsavoury names. And when this happens, do I refund them?

I remain amazed.

Update: SNC was successful and success fees refunded (in one case) - buyer still has not contacted me but continues trading (and paying). How do I refund the buyer (should I?). This buyer has 100% positive ratings, should I give a negative rating, bearing in mind that I have had no communication response from them, and having to go through the hassle of having a negative rating against myself overturned should the buyer choose to rate me so???

kebs

Block the buyer if they are still buying from you & send an email explaining why.. When all amounts are paid, then you can unblock again.. You can always send a money order through the post office for them to refund, less all your expenses/costs..

RISadler

The stamp to mail the money-order is worth more than the money-order!?

wayjen

we have plenty of those buyers who might be using the BoB shipping function or some other function and what we do is email them AGAIN the outstanding amount they must pay BEFORE we ship the goods.

lilythepink

Hear, hear, Wayne. Newbies do get confused at times and one has to "baby" them through the process!

ziggy2000

Yes, I have also had that a couple of times the last month. It's strange because an arbitrary amount is entered for postage, this amount is not added automatically. To resolve, E-mail, if no response, phone them. So far all of mine have been sorted out.