Sign in to follow this  
Steve87

Got Game? Let the battle continue!

Steve87

We had the battle of the consoles earlier on the forum, which closed with no outright winner. What was purely a sample of the greater console battle showed us that the PS3 and the Wii are highly rated.

It’s time to talk about the actual titles that keep gamers glued onto the seats in their living rooms. Good exclusive titles have helped influence the gaming consoles people would like to buy. NBA Jam was to be a Wii exclusive and now it will be coming to the PS3 and the Xbox 360 as well. Metal Gear, which has been well known for its popularity on the Playstation will also be developed for the new Nintendo 3DS. It’s good to hear some exclusives showing up across the different platforms.

But I’m sure PS3 owners would love to play Splinter Cell conviction on their machines, Xbox owners would love Heavy rain and Wii owners may like to see Little Big Planet. Likewise, some would like to play Mario other than on the Nintendo. That is just a thought though.

The real question is who has the best exclusives. Which console do you think has the better exclusives? What are your top exclusive games?

Daykie

Lol, well I won't even answer the main question since it's obvious what I'd say but I will admit that I wish conviction would come to the wii, I love splinter cell! But that one is also on the PC anyhow so maybe one day I'll upgrade my graphics and get it. In that sense it's not a true exclusive.

Metal gear never was a PS exclusive, the rights have always been with konami and it originally appeared on some antiquated console and the NES and gameboy colour. Plus the first two MGS games appeared on the gamecube and xbox respectively. But it'll be nice to see MGS3 remade on the ds. I think it's only third party exclusives you'll ever see jumping over. You'd never see Halo on a Wii or Metroid prime on the PS.

We should have a list of all time best games according to us.

Mine would be as follows:

PC: No one lives forever 1 and 2, Commandos (all except strike force), Hidden and dangerous 2, Splinter Cell Series, Rise of Nations. (there are plenty of other fps games I've played but none stick out especially, I like being sneaky! :-) )

Console: Pikmin, Starfox Adventures and Assault, Paper Mario series (especially thousand year door), Metal gear solid series, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Super Smash bros, Battalion wars.

DA_LION_619

I can confirm G.o.d Of War will never be ported to another console as none of them can handle the sheer power of it :P , also I can list some other games as that will not be ported as they have ties as being developers

Ratchet and clank - PS

Jak and daxter - PS

Ape escape - PS

Buzz! - PS

Gran Turismo - PS

Killzone - PS

ModNation Racers - PS

Pain - PS

Resistance - PS

SingStar - PS

Uncharted - PS

White Knight - PS

Mario - Nintendo

Zelda - Nintendo

Halo - xbox

Ninja Gaiden - xbox

please note these include ones ported to the PC if you looking for ones not on PC the xbox does not count

RISadler

I play the "Meuse Crossing" and "GJS" mods of Close Combat V on the PC most of the time. How's that for "exclusive"?

Daykie

Other nintendo exclusives that will never be ported:

Pikmin

Starfox

Metroid

Pokemon

F zero

Donkey Kong

Kirby

Fire Emblem

Wave Race

Excite Truck/ Bike

Tales of Symphonia

Eternal Darkness

Skies of Arcadia

I'm really sorry to hear that singstar is a ps exclusive, man I was looking forward to playing that! HAHA!

DA_LION_619

Pikmin

Starfox

Metroid

Pokemon

F zero

Donkey Kong

Kirby

Fire Emblem

Wave Race

Excite Truck/ Bike

Tales of Symphonia

Eternal Darkness

Skies of Arcadia

I'm really sorry to hear that singstar is a ps exclusive, man I was looking forward to playing that! HAHA!

1.Pikmin - never heard of it don't care:p

2.Starfox - same as above ^

3.Metroid - should I copy & paste ^

4.Pokemon - never got the point about this game

5.F zero - same as 1,2,3

6.Donkey Kong - same as 4

7.Kirby - ok this I really like, guys get yourselves a SNES emulator and play it

8.Fire Emblem - same as 1,2,3,5

9.Wave Race - ^

10.Excite Truck/ Bike - ^

11.Tales of Symphonia - ^

12.Eternal Darkness - ^

13.Skies of Arcadia - ^

you my friend will never enjoy G.o.d of war, ratchet and clank, jak and daxter

jacque31

Pikmin

Starfox

Metroid

Pokemon

F zero

Donkey Kong

Kirby

Fire Emblem

Wave Race

Excite Truck/ Bike

Tales of Symphonia

Eternal Darkness

Skies of Arcadia

Yes i agree singstar is probably crap, but who cares because 90% of wii's gamebase is based on the same principle:rolleyes: Also I am happy that the above mentioned games will not be ported (please please please) as I got bored just reading the titles of it.:P

Daykie

Haha Well oddly enough I have tried and sold all of those PS exclusives in the past, ratchet and clank, jak and dexter and dog of war. I tried, they sucked, I sold! :-) Ratchet and clank is basically a starfox rip off anyhow, talking space characters, even down to the multiplayer mode.

So in a sense you're right, i never will enjoy them.

And just cause you never heard of it doesn't mean it's not good. You would probably actually seriously dig some of those if you tried them. Metroid prime is a brilliant first person action game, pikmin is a quirky real time strategy, f zero and wave race - brilliant racers, skies of arcadia, fire emblem and tales of symphonia, all RPGs, eternal darkness - survival horror. And if you're into any kind of beat em up games then you have to try super smash bros. Tell you what, I've tried some of your PS exclusives in the past, you hook up a nintendo 64 emulator and try some of their versions of those games and see if you get my meaning. The 64 is the same age as the PS1 so the graphics suck but the gameplay is still in tact. Or better yet buy the gamecube I'm selling on the weekend specials and I'll throw in a copy of Super mario sunshine. PLay it for a week and see if you still hate nintendo so much! :-)

DA_LION_619
Haha Well oddly enough I have tried and sold all of those PS exclusives in the past, ratchet and clank, jak and dexter and dog of war. I tried, they sucked, I sold! :-) Ratchet and clank is basically a starfox rip off anyhow, talking space characters, even down to the multiplayer mode.

So in a sense you're right, i never will enjoy them.

And just cause you never heard of it doesn't mean it's not good. You would probably actually seriously dig some of those if you tried them. Metroid prime is a brilliant first person action game, pikmin is a quirky real time strategy, f zero and wave race - brilliant racers, skies of arcadia, fire emblem and tales of symphonia, all RPGs, eternal darkness - survival horror. And if you're into any kind of beat em up games then you have to try super smash bros. Tell you what, I've tried some of your PS exclusives in the past, you hook up a nintendo 64 emulator and try some of their versions of those games and see if you get my meaning. The 64 is the same age as the PS1 so the graphics suck but the gameplay is still in tact. Or better yet buy the gamecube I'm selling on the weekend specials and I'll throw in a copy of Super mario sunshine. PLay it for a week and see if you still hate nintendo so much! :-)

looks like someone never taste HD , but what can you expect with LAST GEN consoles

Daykie

You're talking to a guy who wrote his own games for the Zx spectrum, after I found one at the secondhand shop. I was about 14 at the time, so no, graphics are not really the highest priority in my book. Gameplay first, then charm, then interesting characters, then some form of plotline and only then, graphics. It can be beautiful but if it's a bad game, it'll be a beautiful piece of rubbish, no matter what console it's on.

Anyhow getting back to the topic at hand, the games from the other consoles I'd most like to try one day would probably be:

Little big planet (PS3)

Splinter Cell conviction (xbox)

MGS 4 (PS3)

HAlo 3 (xbox)

and maybe killzone 2, the first was about the closest I've seen to a decent FPS game on a console, but still worse than the PC.

Oh and don't forget buzz and singstar... haha

jacque31

Yes yes buzz & singstar maybe stupid titles, but wii have loads to offer in that department.

Check out the link for your daily dose of laughter:p

Top 10 Most Ridiculously Stupid Wii Games Aggrogate

Quote from the site "The Nintendo Wii has been a paradise for shovelware developers. Lots of appeal among "casual gamers," lots of attention in the media, lots of potential for gimmicky bull**** make for a platform that's ideal for every publisher with a terrible license or stupid idea." Point made:D

Anyway as for other console games I would like to play would definitely include Halo, Gears of War, the new Splinter Cell.

O yes not to forget the popular Pokemon :rolleyes:

Daykie

Lol. Yup sadly the family appeal of the wii attracts a lot of trash. I want the lolcat game, that looks rocking!

jacque31

Yeah that looks like one serious crazy game to say the least!:o I like the part where you need to steel the money and the part where you need to dodge them:D Only in Japan!

Daykie

Some more good exclusives for the wii are : Spore Hero, SSx BLur, Soulcalibur legends, No more heroes 2, sin and punishment and the wii version of prince of persia, the forgotten sands is apparently different to the others, and higher rated. :)

DA_LION_619
Some more good exclusives for the wii are : Spore Hero, SSx BLur, Soulcalibur legends, No more heroes 2, sin and punishment and the wii version of prince of persia, the forgotten sands is apparently different to the others, and higher rated. :)

that doesn't make it exclusive, its a different part of the series, exclusive is when its only produced for one console ONLY that includes the whole series

wii version of prince of persia, the forgotten sands is apparently different to the others

made for wii - means its much easier and looks like LEGO designed the game - meaning children will like it more, I like to see this review as most sites get paid

Daykie

Actually it does make it exclusive, just as MGS4 is exclusive to the PS3 and Conviction is exclusive to the xbox. And as I say the wii version of POP is actually more critically acclaimed by the review aggregator, so I'm guessing they paid off a lot of reviewers then. I'm so over trying to convince you that the wii is better, so I'm trying to move the conversation on, what are some other good ps exclusives?

DA_LION_619
what are some other good ps exclusives?

G.O.D OF WAR:p who owns a PS and has never played this game(if you didn't please sell you PS cos you not doing it justice and buy a wii so Daykie can have some support on this forum)