Sign in to follow this  
RISadler

Block buyers...

Guest MacMuffin
On fourth thought, maybe not such a good idea. How do you handle geewhizz's finger-tapping lady? What I mean is, for example, a buyer incessantly asks for a lower price or buy-x-get-one-free deals or such things, without actually winning an auction/buy-it-now. I sure would like to block this person.

Also, I suspect many "newbies" on bidorbuy are just alter egos.

Those are situations you are likely not be able to avoid in the real world either. Someone asking you in a shop for discount on item - quite possible. Annoying - certainly. But with proper communication the buyer will eventually understand or not bother.

BTW: Those two-timing users can be detected in our system and we do blacklist/block such accounts if it violates our policies. Also quite difficult as some users create that alter ego for bob-activity they don't necessarily want to share with their true identity - all quite legit in that case though.

RISadler
BTW: Those two-timing users can be detected in our system and we do blacklist/block such accounts if it violates our policies. Also quite difficult as some users create that alter ego for bob-activity they don't necessarily want to share with their true identity - all quite legit in that case though.

You mean we are allowed to have more than one account, provide of course we don't bid on our own items. Neat!

Guest MacMuffin
You mean we are allowed to have more than one account, provide of course we don't bid on our own items. Neat!

Yes you are able to do this. Chances are very high that you will be flagged by our fraud-team, but technically nothing stops you. There are checks in place if you provide the same ID, banking details etc, that you will not be allowed to register.

As long as you don't violate bob's policies (shill bidding, disturbing other sellers with fake bids etc) you can operate as many accounts as you like - it does not help your total ratings though. We do have cases where husband/wife have separate bob-accounts but same banking details for example.

Guest bob admin

Terms and conditions apply to having a second account, which I am unable to post from my cell phone.

1. Only Verified sellers with ratings over 95% positive are eligible (approval at bidorbuy’s discretion)

2. You need to email communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za to request or apply for the additional account (we will need to know what the intended purpose of the account will be and the username you wish to use (Morne will manually vett it).

3. The second account will be afforded verified user status, but we reserve the right to withdraw this for whatever reason or if you contravene any bidorbuy rules.

4. If you do not apply via communitywatch, you may not create an additional account.

5. We reserve the right to decline any application if we deem fit.

6. You may not use the additional account to purchase or bid on your original user account (no shill bidding or buying from the other account)

7. Our decision on the application will be final and no discussion will be entered into thereafter.

8. Standard rules and terms of use apply to the second account.

9.You may not sell the same items/products as the first account.