Sign in to follow this  
GemsnJewels

What do you do with returned Parcels from Buyers?

tramps

i am in a position where some parcels were sent back to me. the buyers have given me black ratings and have sent me abusive e-mails for no reason and when their parcels arrive at the destination they don't even collect them and also don't respond to e-mails. some of the buyers have even been blacklisted. i also have a situation where buyers have shortpaid. i have requested the balance of payment or banking details to refund them less the bob fees and i have had no response from them. in fact some of them send me spam mail. i have forwarded this mail back to them requesting the info that i need but just get ignored. what can i do?

Nubbi

I have two customers who a couple of months ago purchased items from me and paid in full, I then sent their parcels off and about a week or two later recieved positive ratings from both sellers!! then about a month later I recieved the parcels in my post as not collected?? I have sent emails and even tried to phone to no avail?? why did they rate if they never recieved?? I have now had these two parcels in storage for four months and still no word?

strange world!!:confused:

Whitewolf

Returned parcels

To be covered legally the best will be to make it part of shipment agreement that : Returned and Unclaimed Articles will be sold after Three Months to cover costs. If that is part of agreement between seller and buyer, seller is covered and know what to do aswell as buyer. If a buyer do claim items after 9 months.... then the buyer can be paid back minus the costs to store and return fees.

nixies

Returned/unclaimed parcels

If you resell the item, wouldn't it be just fair to refund the "buyer"?

I agree it would be fair to refund the buyer, but less listing fee, commission and vat paid on item. And definately not after 3 months. One should think if one paid for an item, you would make sure you get it!

ElectroTrading 1

oK lets ask Bidorbuy Admin - Return to Sender

Also had a few unclaimed Goods , Returned by the Post Office, some Items dates a year ago, Buyer skoon Missing !!

Emailed a few Times Given up .....<

What are Bidorbuy Admin ... Rules to this Problem ???

EWAAN Galleries

Hi All

The buyers are responsible if they do not collect from the post office.

We had a few returns and also cannot get hold of buyers, no response on emails, nothing.

And we do not even have banking details to do a refunds.

We keep for 3 months and then re list the item for sale.

Regards,

Bullion Vault Sales Team

lilythepink

I have never had to pay "return postage" on anything but have this year only had 2 parcels returned to me. One of the Buyers has disappeared off the face of the earth so I still have the parcel. The other contacted me and paid additional postage for me to return the parcel to her, which I did yesterday - so hopefully that is all sorted for now. :D

voldermort

I received postage payment for 2 x books to be posted to a buyer in Namibia, he had paid for the items but put in the incorrect postage when he initially bought the items which I obviously advised him of, the correct amount was paid in on Tuesday this week.

He bought the 2 x books in November.........2008. :confused:

mellowred

Hi Voldermort (by the way are you Dutch?)

Perhaps he has the same problem as I do. Small things wake me in the middle of the night and I think "damn I must remember that tomorrow". Tomorrow all the other bigger issues take priority and the memory doesn't roll back as far as the little things.

Sounds feeble but it is a genuine problem.

Mind you ... 13 months of waking nights is a long, long time :).

Delicious

@ mellow... voldemort is the bad guy in the harry potter books..

shoron

Hi

It could also be possible that perhaps the buyer has passed away ? (Hopefully not too many as that would be bad for business !)

voldermort

Quite right, give off this bad image and far less people will be inclined to mess with you :D

JPBon

I will gladly assist and you can use my address as the return address, in which case you will not have to worry about fetching the parcels from the post office, its the least I can do.:D

voldermort

I rest my case ;)

mellowred

Oh, Ok thanks - perhaps I should get out more ;)

Delicious

Don't bother, ask the walking encyclopaedia :D

RISadler

If buyer does not respond within one month, I relist the item. I also deduct the "return postage fee" from the purchase price and then give the balance to the local SPCA.