Sign in to follow this  
Steve87

The colour of Joy!?

jacque31
Ahh put for the price of a dvd remote for your ps, you can buy a cheap dvd player which can also load from USB, sd and play mp3s. So I'd never use my console as my main dvd player anyhow, you'd wear the drive out extra fast. Or to play music, or surf the internet, or anything else. It's for games after all.

No way - any extra useful features are always welcome. Why do you want a separate dvd player if you can have that feature included in the console:confused: That's why the wii is so cheap because the lack of features the console have. I mean it's the same as any computer. You want to be able to do different things on the same machine. That's why they don't make a computer just for browsing the internet, or only music or only watching movies. Doesn't make sense, same with consoles. Wii have no excuse for the lack of decent features other than to make the console as cheap as well. And that's the only reason they're in the lead regarding unit sales. But compared to what you get for the price, number of units against the wii, Sony is doing much better than people give them credit for!:cool:

Daykie

Ahh well I think this is an unwinnable argument. I have a PC for all those other things so my console needs to play games well, which the wii does. And in the end it's the game that make you choose a console and not the extra features. You won't see me buying a PS3 because none of the exclusives appeal to me, likewise I don't you and dalion will invest in a wii.

DA_LION_619
likewise I don't you and dalion will invest in a wii.

Wrong I am thinking of buying one as its a novelty item and great to have at parties but you can't expect me to be as selfish as jacque31:p

Ahh put for the price of a dvd remote for your ps, you can buy a cheap dvd player which can also load from USB, sd and play mp3s. So I'd never use my console as my main dvd player anyhow, you'd wear the drive out extra fast. Or to play music, or surf the internet, or anything else. It's for games after all.

I don't get this when the PS2 was released DVD players were expensive as is now with blu-ray why buy a Blu-ray player when you can buy a PS3:confused:

Daykie

Lol well I don't think I'm going to convert you heathens! All I say is just look beyond the novelty factor and play some of the real games. Nintendo have a certain charm and gameplay factor that haven't seen on any other systems. Just look beyond the silly games and see the other exclusives. There are some pretty hardcore exclusives if blood and guts are your thing, madworld, monster hunter, red steel. etc. I don't deny the wii is not the biggest baddest console out there but it's silly when supposed hard core gamers write it off as a gimmick. I tried the xbox original and PS2 and the gamecube wins out in terms of number of games I kept. (I sold the xbox and only keep the PS2 to test the games I sell). So don't write it off until you've actually tried some of the real games it has to offer.

My last post on this topic before we all get banned! lol

jacque31
Wrong I am thinking of buying one as its a novelty item and great to have at parties but you can't expect me to be as selfish as jacque31:p

I'm not selfish:p just don't want to waste money lol:D

(I sold the xbox and only keep the PS2 to test the games I sell).

Ah somebody is still enjoying good old Sony, just using an excuse, but I'm sure you're still playing.;)

Daykie

Haha yeah, you're on to me, I whip out the ps when no ones around and play some buzz and little britain the video game. Incidentally it seem that the best selling console of any generation attracts the most rubbish games for it. Looking at the meta ranking sites, there are a lot of ps2 games near the bottom of the pile and wii games, as you pointed out.

check it out:

Reviews and News Articles - GameRankings

That's a list of the all time worst, all of the systems have some real clunkers there, including all three of the new systems! haha. 20 for sony systems, 10 for ninty, 16 for xbox and the rest pc and sega. The reviews for charlies angels are so funny!

jacque31
Haha yeah, you're on to me, I whip out the ps when no ones around and play some buzz and little britain the video game. Incidentally it seem that the best selling console of any generation attracts the most rubbish games for it. Looking at the meta ranking sites, there are a lot of ps2 games near the bottom of the pile and wii games, as you pointed out.

check it out:

Reviews and News Articles - GameRankings

That's a list of the all time worst, all of the systems have some real clunkers there, including all three of the new systems! haha. 20 for sony systems, 10 for ninty, 16 for xbox and the rest pc and sega. The reviews for charlies angels are so funny!

Yeah have to agree with you there. If consoles sell well people will be more interested to cash in, and you will get some horrible games, regardless of which console. Glad to see we agree on something :o

DA_LION_619
There are some pretty hardcore exclusives if blood and guts are your thing, madworld, monster hunter, red steel. etc. I

with names like that no wonder, you speak about Nintendo's games are so creative why can't they get CREATIVE names

Daykie

Well those games weren't made by them so shout at Capcom and Sega. Almost as good as *** of war, which is about... a *** of war. Or Ratchet and clank which is about... ratchet and clank. I think if we're into dissecting the names of games then this argument is pretty much reached it's end. Keep you PS and I'll keep my wii and we'll probably both have just as much fun and remember if ever you do get a wii I can hook you up with some real games.

DA_LION_619
Keep you PS and I'll keep my wii and we'll probably both have just as much fun and remember if ever you do get a wii I can hook you up with some real games.

I am thinking of getting one, jacque31 don't hate me I'm not jumping ships:D , but don't expect me to buy normal games like NFS and Prince of Persia I rather stick to Nintendo title's as they are best for the wii so Mario here I come:)

Daykie

Haha I know you're gonna love it despite it's lack of features and bad graphics! Just make sure you get real games for it. Im getting another copy of super smash bros brawl sometime soon to sell, that is a blast.

DA_LION_619
Haha I know you're gonna love it despite it's lack of features and bad graphics! Just make sure you get real games for it. Im getting another copy of super smash bros brawl sometime soon to sell, that is a blast.

I would rather download it and if I like it I would buy it;)

Daykie
I would rather download it and if I like it I would buy it;)

Arrrrghhhh. I've got an eyepatch and spare parrot if you'd like. Seriously though, downloads are mostly rubbish, because they cut out a lot of the movies and music to compress the size and you don't really get the full effect, I read before that internet rips of SSBB replaced all the cut scenes with the same scene and removed 90% of the 60 music tracks to compress it down to standard DVD size (4.5 gb) . That sucks! If you like your dodge copy then you'll like the real one even more!

DA_LION_619
Arrrrghhhh. I've got an eyepatch and spare parrot if you'd like. Seriously though, downloads are mostly rubbish, because they cut out a lot of the movies and music to compress the size and you don't really get the full effect, I read before that internet rips of SSBB replaced all the cut scenes with the same scene and removed 90% of the 60 music tracks to compress it down to standard DVD size (4.5 gb) . That sucks! If you like your dodge copy then you'll like the real one even more!

:confused: do you think I really care about the music I want a story to follow, thats GAMEPLAY, if its good then damn yeah I will buy it