Sign in to follow this  
Steve87

The colour of Joy!?

Steve87    10
Steve87

Sony Japan has announced the introduction of a classic white PS3 Slim that will also boast an even bigger hard drive for the console. The 120 gig and 250 gig hard drives have been upgraded to 160 gig and 320 gig hard drives respectively. Both these consoles apparently will be available in either white or black. Don’t we just love choice!

Not so sure when and if this will hit SA shores, but I have no doubt in my mind that some of our sellers on bidorbuy will be getting their hands on these new look PS3s.

If you are one of those people who are really interested in how your gaming console looks and coordinates with other things in your lounge or bedroom then this could be what you’ve been waiting for.

No more playing Modern Warfare and munching on semi-warm pizza?

1518163_100706121650_Untitled-1_1278394464.jpg

1518163_100706121726_New_White_PS3_Slim_Hits_Japan_Pic.jpg

1518163_100706121758_New_White_PS3_Slim_Hits_Japan_Picture.jpg

jacque31    10
jacque31

Beautiful !! :P

DA_LION_619    10
DA_LION_619

Great now if we could get cheaper games

Daykie    10
Daykie

*Yawn* At the end of the day it's still a PS3! ;-). Although it's nice to see they're finally cottoning onto the nintendo idea of bringing out new colours. There were like 2 standard colours and 5 or 6 limited editions for the gamecube.

Seriously though I get the attraction for audiophiles and input freaks but after playing through mario galaxy 2 to the very last star (242 total) I was reminded why gaming is fun, I can see why nintendo dominates so many game ranking sites. They are just insanely entertaining games to play.

DA_LION_619    10
DA_LION_619
*Yawn* At the end of the day it's still a PS3! ;-). Although it's nice to see they're finally cottoning onto the nintendo idea of bringing out new colours. There were like 2 standard colours and 5 or 6 limited editions for the gamecube.

Seriously though I get the attraction for audiophiles and input freaks but after playing through mario galaxy 2 to the very last star (242 total) I was reminded why gaming is fun, I can see why nintendo dominates so many game ranking sites. They are just insanely entertaining games to play.

true you can't beat good old mario, but there are things called skins which I think are better than colors as you can always chance them

Daykie    10
Daykie

Yeah there are and you can also get full replacement cases from hong kong places if you really want. There are full mario cases, sponge bob cases, all kinds. So if you were into that there's a lot of other choices. I keep threatening to get a spongebob case for my wife's wii mote. :-)

DA_LION_619    10
DA_LION_619
Yeah there are and you can also get full replacement cases from hong kong places if you really want. There are full mario cases, sponge bob cases, all kinds. So if you were into that there's a lot of other choices. I keep threatening to get a spongebob case for my wife's wii mote. :-)

threatening ? :confused:

Daykie you seem to be a Nintendo fanboi:p

Daykie    10
Daykie

Lol, I probably am. Since the PS2 only gets used to test games and I sold the Xbox. But yes my wife hates Spongebob...

jacque31    10
jacque31

What's up Daykie:D @ Da Lion 619 - I think Nintendo fanboi is an understatement lol. :P

DA_LION_619    10
DA_LION_619

Nintendo is like a novelty item not to mention most GOOD wii games are mad by them, I hold SONY psp with pride

jacque31    10
jacque31

Yip I will probably never own a Nintendo - I think you either love it or hate it. Also for me it just seems like a waste of money as it doesn't represent a serious hardcore gaming machine. So i will stick with Sony. I mean if you are into the whole mario thing sure, but that's not the type of games I'm into. Bring on *** of War, Modern Warfare ect. Sorry but the Wii graphics wise just don't cut it for me. Sure maybe it's a lot of fun, just the pick up and start play type arcady games, but after 30min with that I'm sure I will put it off, or sell it probably. I mean with titles like Wii fit who would take that console serious. I will pass thanks:p

DA_LION_619    10
DA_LION_619
Yip I will probably never own a Nintendo - I think you either love it or hate it. Also for me it just seems like a waste of money as it doesn't represent a serious hardcore gaming machine. So i will stick with Sony. I mean if you are into the whole mario thing sure, but that's not the type of games I'm into. Bring on *** of War, Modern Warfare ect. Sorry but the Wii graphics wise just don't cut it for me. Sure maybe it's a lot of fun, just the pick up and start play type arcady games, but after 30min with that I'm sure I will put it off, or sell it probably. I mean with titles like Wii fit who would take that console serious. I will pass thanks:p

Ja same here even though I may enjoy wii sports and mario I don't think I will ever pick that over G.O.D of war

and if you look at it the wii has the lowest specs of all the consoles

Daykie    10
Daykie

Yup I'd agree with the points you make about nintendo it's a love or hate thing. The fact is that alleged hard core gamers write them off too quickly because of family games like wii fit etc. I still enjoy FPS games and more serious action but I have a PC for that which works a lot a better anyhow. The tv is a central entertainment hub for the whole family so it makes sense that the console you have should also be able to entertain the non hard core gamers. And there is something about a lot of the nintendo games that makes you want to do everything and have 100% complete even after the main game is finished. I've never felt compelled to unlock everything or finish insane difficulty on a PS game but like with Super mario galaxy once I'd got 120 stars, I just had to go back and get all of them. And let me tell you some of those challenges would make hard core gamers like yourselves cry. And yes the wii has the lowest specs, but the highest reliability as a result. They are also the easiest to custom mod and there's a big homebrew community. And the wii's sold the same as it's two rivals combined, so I'm in the majority apparently! :-)

DA_LION_619    10
DA_LION_619
Yup I'd agree with the points you make about nintendo it's a love or hate thing. The fact is that alleged hard core gamers write them off too quickly because of family games like wii fit etc. I still enjoy FPS games and more serious action but I have a PC for that which works a lot a better anyhow. The tv is a central entertainment hub for the whole family so it makes sense that the console you have should also be able to entertain the non hard core gamers. And there is something about a lot of the nintendo games that makes you want to do everything and have 100% complete even after the main game is finished. I've never felt compelled to unlock everything or finish insane difficulty on a PS game but like with Super mario galaxy once I'd got 120 stars, I just had to go back and get all of them. And let me tell you some of those challenges would make hard core gamers like yourselves cry. And yes the wii has the lowest specs, but the highest reliability as a result. They are also the easiest to custom mod and there's a big homebrew community. And the wii's sold the same as it's two rivals combined, so I'm in the majority apparently! :-)

And let me tell you some of those challenges would make hard core gamers like yourselves cry.

Hardcore gamers live to win not win to live, example in assassins creed I'm not going to kill unnecessary people, I just want to win the level cause I know I'm going to play the game again in the Harder mode cause Hardcore gamers seek a challenge

And yes the wii has the lowest specs, but the highest reliability as a result.
True but look at the specs if it had the CPU of the Xbox or PS3 it would fail, better specs lead to failure, also to note most PS3's fail cause of software(firmware) not hardware.

They are also the easiest to custom mod and there's a big homebrew community.
True but remember these are targeted at Young children so parents don't want their children damaging disks also low specs mean less hardware meaning easier to mod

And the wii's sold the same as it's two rivals combined

of course everyone wants a novelty item its a fun thing to have at a party when your non-hardcore gamer friends come

so I'm in the majority apparently! :-)

true but no offense wii's are for noobs if they had to play Modern Warfare they would get Fraged(killed)

jacque31    10
jacque31
The tv is a central entertainment hub for the whole family so it makes sense that the console you have should also be able to entertain the non hard core gamers.

I'm sorry but this doesn't make sense:confused: Why do I need to buy a console to cater to other peoples needs? I will never even consider owning a Wii because then the rest of the family/friends who's not hardcore gamers can also enjoy it. After all you buy it for your needs, so if the rest of the family isn't hardcore gamers then that's there problem really:p Then they can go buy a Wii of their own.

I see a war coming soon to this thread! :D

DA_LION_619    10
DA_LION_619
I see a war coming soon to this thread!

Yay ! Time for me to bring my Blades of Chaos, Blade of Olympus, Blades of Athena and Blades of Exile, Daykie you can bring your wii fit board:p

Daykie    10
Daykie

Lol, I don't have one unfortunately! Apparently it makes a killer accessory for snowboarding games. but if you bring your buzz controllers and Singstar mikes I might whip out that plastic light saber of mine.

So Jacques what you're saying then is hard core gamers are essentially selfish? I think of hard core gamers and I think of spotty teens sitting in their dark rooms, wearing adult nappies and playing for 3 days straight. :-) So maybe the reason they don't need to share is because they don't have wives and girlfriends and kids? Hehe. Ok before this gets out of hand I'll reiterate that I do use my computer for "serious" gaming and have enjoyed many a death match, so not so sure I would just get fragged. I always used to only play pc games but got hooked on Nintendo playing emulated Nintendo 64 games and just enjoy winding up the PS freaks who think they're more hard core than nintendo. I think by definition most games released for consoles are rubbish (just look at the huge list of games released for the PS2 that no one would be caught dead with in their collection) and it's only really the exclusives that define what console people like.

jacque31    10
jacque31

LOL Daykie - but you've got a point, it's the titles I think that ultimately leads to what console you prefer. But for me I am a Sony fan from day one, PS1 PS2 and now PS3. For example xbox isn't bad but it's just so long I've been sticking with the PS, and I mean PS3 has solid hardware, great titles, extras like blu-ray ect.....no RROD lol. Maybe one day I will try something else...but for now Sony all the way.

By the way, anyone noticed only 4 of us arguing about consoles on this whole forum:p:D

kebs    10
kebs

May be just the 4 of you debating, but others are watching - me for one! :D I"ve had all the consoles, & will still stick to my PS3.. Hand helds are OK, but I need the big screen for my gaming fix!! I recently sold my Wii - after playing for about an hour & realising it was just not for me..

DA_LION_619    10
DA_LION_619

Lets finish this once and for all

Sony - PS3 - PRO's - Great graphics, Great hardware, Great for media

CON's - Price

PSP - PRO's - Great graphics, Great hardware, Great for media

CON's - None really:D

Microsoft - Xbox - PRO's - Good graphics, Good hardware, Price

CON's - High failure rate

Nintendo - Wii - PRO's - Fun gameplay, Great non-failure rate

CON's - Tiring(more risk to injury), Bad graphics, Bad hardware, Worst for media

DS - PRO's - Touchscreen

CON's - Bad graphics, Bad for media, Price

FINAL COMMENTS - All these were given upon the consoles without considering any modding or hacking

CONSOLES - The main point is great graphics so HD is the main thing the Xbox and PS3 have it and the Wii does'nt, the next thing is media(movies, music, pics etc) in the Xbox and PS3 its in the Wii its not, not to mention the PS3 supports Blu-ray

Handhelds - Again graphics the PSP has great graphics compared to the DS also the PSP supports more media for pics, music, and movies, heldhands are not only for playing games but entertaining yourself on the GO;) and for what the DS has its way to expensive

jacque31    10
jacque31
May be just the 4 of you debating, but others are watching - me for one! :D I"ve had all the consoles, & will still stick to my PS3.. Hand helds are OK, but I need the big screen for my gaming fix!! I recently sold my Wii - after playing for about an hour & realising it was just not for me..

LOL true true. At least PS3's numbers are getting stronger in this thread, so Daykie needs to watch out:D

Lets finish this once and for all

Sony - PS3 - PRO's - Great graphics, Great hardware, Great for media

CON's - Price

PSP - PRO's - Great graphics, Great hardware, Great for media

CON's - None really:D

Microsoft - Xbox - PRO's - Good graphics, Good hardware, Price

CON's - High failure rate

Nintendo - Wii - PRO's - Fun gameplay, Great non-failure rate

CON's - Tiring(more risk to injury), Bad graphics, Bad hardware, Worst for media

DS - PRO's - Touchscreen

CON's - Bad graphics, Bad for media, Price

FINAL COMMENTS - All these were given upon the consoles without considering any modding or hacking

CONSOLES - The main point is great graphics so HD is the main thing the Xbox and PS3 have it and the Wii does'nt, the next thing is media(movies, music, pics etc) in the Xbox and PS3 its in the Wii its not, not to mention the PS3 supports Blu-ray

Handhelds - Again graphics the PSP has great graphics compared to the DS also the PSP supports more media for pics, music, and movies, heldhands are not only for playing games but entertaining yourself on the GO;) and for what the DS has its way to expensive

Nice summary.....but I have to disagree on one point "Microsoft xbox good hardware":confused: Words that come to mind describing it more accurately would be something like - disgraceful. horrible, terrible, shocking hardware.....something along those lines. But the rest spot on!

DA_LION_619    10
DA_LION_619
Nice summary.....but I have to disagree on one point "Microsoft xbox good hardware":confused: Words that come to mind describing it more accurately would be something like - disgraceful. horrible, terrible, shocking hardware.....something along those lines. But the rest spot on!

True compared to the Wii's hardware the Xbox is good but the PS3 is great;)

But not looking at the failure rate the Xbox the hardware is good

Daykie    10
Daykie

Lol, lets get the ps freak to make a pros and cons list shall we? No bias there. Oh incidentally if the high sales of the wii is due to the gimmick status than I suppose the PS2 is the best selling console because why? I'm just saying...

And also the "tiring" point about using a wii only applies to those who stick with the sports games and games for the noobs, games that the uninitiated may think are all nintendo has to offer. It's feel great playing for extended times on the serious games. If motion control is such a bad thing why are both PS and xbox bringing out solutions to compete with the wii. Come on lets not kid ourselves, PS and xbox are not really into being noble, just making money and the old formula didn't work as well in this generation and they've both lost huge amounts of money on the consoles so they're trying what's work very well for the wii.

I'm not too worried about being outnumbered because I know I'm right! Lol

DA_LION_619    10
DA_LION_619
Oh incidentally if the high sales of the wii is due to the gimmick status than I suppose the PS2 is the best selling console because why?

The PS2 is still a good console better than the wii I would think, in normal terms a PS2 can play DVD's what can a wii do:cool:

Daykie    10
Daykie

Ahh put for the price of a dvd remote for your ps, you can buy a cheap dvd player which can also load from USB, sd and play mp3s. So I'd never use my console as my main dvd player anyhow, you'd wear the drive out extra fast. Or to play music, or surf the internet, or anything else. It's for games after all.