Sign in to follow this  
alloway65

BoB Ratings History & Photo Editing

alloway65

BoB Ratings History

As far as I can ascertain with the BoB system clean up we lost all our ratings history (given to buyers and sellers), but I assumed with new given ratings one would build up a new ratings history….instead of having to type out a rating for each seller.

………or am I doing something wrong….help!:confused:

Photo Editing

Also when changing my operating system to Windows 7 from Vista, I lost my photo editing Program, can anyone suggest a free (easy to use) photo editing program.

Also the best photo editing system for reducing the photo sizes when preparing a selling page on BoB…to keep the photo sizes under 50Kb!;)

Thanks David

admin

Hi David,

All your ratings, given and received are still there :confused:

Why do you want to limit the photo's to 50 kb, you can upload photo's to a maximum of 3 megabyte in size ?

Mad about Jack

Pixresizer is a good program to use....

alloway65

Hi Andries,

Thanks.....when I recieve an item bought on BoB and I am doing a rating..in the past when doing a rating, I clicked on the box and all the previous ratings that I had done with say about 30 with different sentences appeared, I just clicked one and edited as necessary....now I have to retype the whole rating!!! Maybe I have to reconfigure something.

Oh the "thumbnails" used to be 50Kb....I have not checked for a while...as I am mainly buying at the moment....thanks for the update....will prepare a few items for sale tomorrow.

Take care

David

alloway65
Pixresizer is a good program to use....

Tanks a million, will give it a try.:D

David:)

admin
Hi Andries,

Thanks.....when I recieve an item bought on BoB and I am doing a rating..in the past when doing a rating, I clicked on the box and all the previous ratings that I had done with say about 30 with different sentences appeared, I just clicked one and edited as necessary....now I have to retype the whole rating!!! Maybe I have to reconfigure something.

David

Hi David,

When you installed the new operating system, your cookies was deleted and as a result all your previous ratings you typed is sadly no more.

Kind Regards

Andries

Lukeness

Previously BoB changed the rating system so that you could rate all the items bought from a single seller using checkboxes. It seems to have reverted back to the old system where you have to rate each item individually.

alloway65
Hi David,

When you installed the new operating system, your cookies was deleted and as a result all your previous ratings you typed is sadly no more.

Kind Regards

Andries

Hi Andries,

Understood, but I would have thought that ratings I have done since Windows7 was installed should be in the system and could be re used as applicable.

Maybe I have to install "cookies" will get my daughter in law to do this for me.

Have a good Sunday.:cool:

David

alloway65
Previously BoB changed the rating system so that you could rate all the items bought from a single seller using checkboxes. It seems to have reverted back to the old system where you have to rate each item individually.

Hi Lukeness,

I still have the check boxes but not the words of previous ratings I have done.

So have to re type ratings every time or paste and copy.

I like to be specific with my ratings not just use the smae verbiage for everyone!

Have a good Sunday.;)

David

ziggy2000

Photo Editing

Hi, I have been using Picasa for editing photos, it was suggested to me by fellow sellers. I find it quick and easy to use. Give it a try.

jacque31
Hi Andries,

Understood, but I would have thought that ratings I have done since Windoes7 was installed should be in the system and could be re used as applicable.

Maybe I have to install "cookies" will get my daugtrer in law to do this for me.

Have a good Sunday.:cool:

David

Hi David - you can't "install" cookies. A cookie enables your browser for example remember your password & user name for a particular site (if an individual chooses to use it that way). So the information you are looking for was probably gone with the cookies removed. Cookies basically store info about a particular site, your preferences, activity, help to provide a better user experience, for data gathering and so on. Some bad sites can use it in a bad way but normal legit sites use it for the reasons i mentioned above. It's not something you can install and get the previous data you are looking for back! You can however allow or disallow cookies from sites you choose to. Hope it helps:p

alloway65
Hi David - you can't "install" cookies. A cookie enables your browser for example remember your password & user name for a particular site (if an individual chooses to use it that way). So the information you are looking for was probably gone with the cookies removed. Cookies basically store info about a particular site, your preferences, activity, help to provide a better user experience, for data gathering and so on. Some bad sites can use it in a bad way but normal legit sites use it for the reasons i mentioned above. It's not something you can install and get the previous data you are looking for back! You can however allow or disallow cookies from sites you choose to. Hope it helps:p

Hi Jacque,

Understood, thank you..I use a PC mainly for word processing and book keeping etc...dont know much as to what goes on behind the scenes!

Take care

David:cool:

jacque31

No worries:p