Sign in to follow this  
Little Miss Muffet

Negative ratings without communication

Little Miss Muffet

First of all I would like to say that I feel my user name has been on this forum far too much lately.

I wonder if users dont think"Oh no not "geewhizz "again."

I should not be here I have a lot of work to catch up on but I have something that is really bugging me that concerns a negative rating another user is sitting with.

I got one straight after him. I am not going to mention names here. My neg is no longer there so you cant get the information there either.

I sold a lighter -R750-and did not test it. I would normally add that to the listing but didn't.

Nevertheless the lighter was delivered free of charge from Edgemead to Pinelands--normal fee for a courier would be over R100.

Hubby delivered it and said to me "dont you think you should charge a delivery fee" I told him I felt I had made an excellent profit on the lighter so let it be.

Next thing I get a negative rating saying the lighter has a major leak and I did not mention it.

My terms are 100 % money back guarantee.

Why did this guy not phone me or email me to try and sort the problem out first??

I find communicating through a negative rating very rude.

I phoned him and this is what he said"I took the lighter apart to clean it and then found a major leak" Oh! so.Are you thinking what I am thinking??

I did not say anything but offered him a complete refund and he said "OH No I am happy with the lighter it is working perfectly now. It is just that it cost me R80 to repair and that if I paid for the repair he would change the rating"

This is my gripe. Bad communication and to my suprise a negative rating given to someone else a day or so before me for a lighter that had a leak.

Obviously did not communicate his disatissfaction to him either.

The users reply was this"We tested the lighter for 2 weeks no leak no crack--communication before leaving a negative"

Now I wonder if this crack and leak did not happen when he cleaned this one.

This user responded with a negative--wrong ofcourse--something I have learned not to do.

This buyers negative rating has been removed and I think this is totally unfair on this sellers part.

I will end this with

IT IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS BUT IT IS OFF MY CHEST AND REMEMBER THE BUYER IS ALWAYS RIGHT

I just want to add here.--Because EFT'S take a couple of days to reflect from ABSA to FNB I deposited cash into his account and phoned him to tell him.

He had not changed the rating after 2 days and I did not trust that he would so I filed an SNC and sent him an email to say I was going to give him a full refund.

He emailed me back and and tells me it takes a few days for a deposit to reflect. I dont have any more hair on my head.

Sorry for the venting.

RISadler

I believe the correct term is "rating blackmail" and this buyer has certainly done it.

ziggy2000

I agree that there are too many buyers using the rating system to communicate gripes when a quick e-mail would do the job and resolve issues a lot quicker. It also gets my back up when one can see what the buyer is hoping to get at, but using the blackmailing option of conversing with us - bad taste, irritating, unimpressive, @$%@#$%$@%

brands online

Hi, so very true. Lotsa chancers, but it goes with the territory. Each case I think has to be judged individually on merit. Of course if you follow ethical business procedures and have backup mails etc, if you still feel it's a blackmail rating, those little elves at BOB do assist in having it removed. At least that's a plus

Little Miss Muffet
Hi, so very true. Lotsa chancers, but it goes with the territory. Each case I think has to be judged individually on merit. Of course if you follow ethical business procedures and have backup mails etc, if you still feel it's a blackmail rating, those little elves at BOB do assist in having it removed. At least that's a plus

I am here to defend "Motorman" who may not even appeal the rating.

It grates me to think that he is probably sitting with an unfair negative rating while the buyers negative rating gets removed.

I believe this seller 100%. even if it is non of my business.:mad:

By the sound of the other negative one he got for a glass being broken on a syringe which he clearly states on the listing he sits with 2 unfair ratings.

I would throw my toys out the cot if that was me.