Sign in to follow this  
Steve87

Are Nintendo picking a fight?

Steve87    10
Steve87

A number of people aren't too keen on the idea of putting on a pair of shades when playing on their shiny handhelds, and this is quite understandable because besides not being able to see the screen properly it would just look plain wrong. So what are the prospects for 3D hand held gaming?

The answer to that is Parallax-based technology and this means the prospects are good! Thanks to Nintendo and their use of this technology, we won't need a special pair of 3D glasses to play 3D games. The company unveiled an even more immersive gaming experience in addition to their popular Wii and DS platforms in the form of the Nintendo 3DS.

It has three cameras - one on the inside and two on the outer case - to deliver the 3D effect and take 3D pictures. It includes a motion sensor, a gyro sensor and even a Slide Pad that allows 360-degree analogue input.

If you are a fan of handheld gaming and you love Nintendo (is there anyone who doesn't love Nintendo? ;) ) then I am sure you will be joining the queue of fans eagerly awaiting the release of the all new Nintendo 3DS.

Are Sony going to follow suit and ditch their glasses? mmm...i doubt it.

Daykie    10
Daykie

That thing looks awesome! 3d without the glasses? And it can 3d pictures. They say it'll have the same power and platform as the gamecube. So that means we could be playing some of those awesome GC games on a hand held next year. I've never normally interested in handhelds but this one sounds fantastic.

And PS nintendo aren't picking a fight, they're already the champs and are just emphasising their position. :-P

Steve87    10
Steve87

They are champs most definitely, in their own right. But looking at this 3D market which Sony have been marketing forcefully, they are still just getting started :-).

Needless to say, I really think Nintendo are on to something special here. I too am not a great hand held fan myself as well but this 3DS could be something to change my mind. It really does look like a winner.

DA_LION_619    10
DA_LION_619

sorry to be the hater in this thread but Nintendo sucks, also to note this 3D thing is not recommended for small children so thats already half of their market

As everybody knows in handheld gaming the PSP is the way to go as it can do far more than the DS, not to mention the graphics, A DS game is about 25mb to download while a PSP game averages 700mb

Also everyone that bought a DS wishes they went for a PSP, as a DS is not for teens and adults only children as they have no need for music, movies etc.

P.S. Daykie do you get any PSP games

Daykie    10
Daykie

Nope I don't get PSP games since I don't have a psp! ;-) I usually only get games for the consoles I myself own otherwise I can't test them to sell them as working so it's normally only PS2, Wii, gamecube and gameboy advance that I get.

DA_LION_619    10
DA_LION_619
Nope I don't get PSP games since I don't have a psp! ;-) I usually only get games for the consoles I myself own otherwise I can't test them to sell them as working so it's normally only PS2, Wii, gamecube and gameboy advance that I get.

Ahh :( anyway if do come across them please notify me, also I see you stopped with those news letters of yours with all your PS2 games, I get them for a friend of mine

Also to note the PSP can play gameboy advance games without cost while a DS requires an expensive card its funny how Nintendo works

Had a chance to use a wii over the weekend, I had to soft-mod it which was easy, my first time:rolleyes:, anyway found it really nice especially wii sports, tennis and boxing

Now my whole body is in pain :mad: wish they would tell you to warm up and down:D