Sign in to follow this  
daisyjewel

Neutral Rating -- Advice Please

voldermort

It's not too bad kebs, & as admin said if we all didn't need money we wouldn't be on BoB would we?

BTW:admin had money to go on a holiday, I didn't, so please send the R20.00 to me instead.......;)

kebs

Tell you guys what I'll do.. I always need money, as admin said, who doesn't.. But I'm not that desperate that I want this buyer's money.. So everyone can have R20 of his payment!! To be sent via emails... ;)

lilythepink

If there are freebies being handed out, please remember the beak, kebs! LOL

But, kebs, the idiot probably thinks that wrapping paper, bubble wrap, etc all fall from the sky when we need them. I wouldn't bother too much about someone like that so I hope you've given up stressing about it.

kebs

Yup Lily, thanks to all my friends on the forum, have actually been smiling about the bafoon when I think about how stupid he is about packaging! fear not, you will not be forgotten with the R20 emails!!!

lilythepink

Your kindness, kebs, is beyond words. Now, what shall I buy with my part of the R20 ...?? (Can a sweet be bought these days for 1c?) ;)

Guest Guest

Never mind , I had a buyer for a old PC , he complained that my postage was over rated.

The PC box is 3 KG

the SAPO charges R 38.00 per KG , so he paid as follows R price + shipping for 1 KG , no payment SNC filed , appeal with comment of

cant pay more for shipping R200 Item R150 somewhere is something not in place : didn't use theformula I gave. ME no more selling on BOB ,

mellowred

You have good ratings Snet, so it would be a pity if you give up due to one bad customer.

One thing I'd advise you to do is calculate the postage rates and add them to your auctions. A PC would have to be couriered (I assume) so state that in your advert, and type the postage fee in bold so that potential bidders know exactly what they can expect to pay.

Perhaps you have too many options - keep it simple. The guys who try their best to pay as little as possible will always misread something to their advantage.

Good luck.

RISadler
Perhaps you have too many options - keep it simple. The guys who try their best to pay as little as possible will always misread something to their advantage.

I seem to always receive this the other way around... In my email to buyers (just after the auction closes) I list the various postage options (ordinary mail with/without insurance, SpeedServices with/without insurance, etc.) and state for how much I'll insure the parcel, which is usually a tad more than the winning amount plus postage. And sure as sure is sure, most buyers pay the insured amount.

mellowred
I seem to always receive this the other way around... In my email to buyers (just after the auction closes) I list the various postage options (ordinary mail with/without insurance, SpeedServices with/without insurance, etc.) and state for how much I'll insure the parcel, which is usually a tad more than the winning amount plus postage. And sure as sure is sure, most buyers pay the insured amount.

That is fine on the e-mail because the legitimate, honest buyer is then focused on finalising his purchase and can read :rolleyes:.

The slightly shifty buyer will always interpret your listing to his benefit.

Little Miss Muffet

I must read this postage option thingy Bidorbuy have given us but I have a thing about this insurance that bothers me and mentioning the contents of a parcel.

If someone buys a piece of jewellery from me for R2000 --a nominal amount really --and I insure it for for R2000 and label it jewellery I think it is more likely to be stolen than a parcel with a label "Book" insured for R100. I would pack the jewellery in a small box and build it up to look and feel like a book and label it book.

All my parcels go insured for R100. I prefer parcels of over R1000 to go counter to counter but I will still insure it for R100 and if it is in a bubble envelope--no matter what is in it .it has the label book.

Proper parcels get the label bric n brac value R100.

If a buyer requests the parcel to be insured for its actual value I will tell them why I feel it is unsafe but proceed as they choose

Am I being stupid??

RISadler

If you send jewelry and mark it as books, then the PO can say that you misrepresented the contents and refuse to pay out the insured amount.

The whole point of insuring the parcel for the full worth is if it does get stolen, then the PO pays out. The seller wins, the buyer wins, and the PO loses.

Little Miss Muffet

I have done this ever since I had items stolen from small boxes popped into a bubble envelope. The risk is higher and I always tell my buyers why I do it.

lilythepink

Just mark everything as "personal effects" and you won't have a problem if it comes to claiming on PO insurance - just know that it does take about 6 months to get the refund!