Sign in to follow this  
daisyjewel

Neutral Rating -- Advice Please

daisyjewel

Hi Everyone,

I am a bit frustrated with a particular situation... on Saturday afternoon at 3:30pm a new user (who had no ratings at the time) "bought" a ring set from me. She then phoned me sometime round 4pm on Saturday afternoon -- I do not always answer my phone on the weekend and I think that it is a bit unfair to expect people to work on a Saturday afternoon... as it was I had a friend visiting who I knew from school who I had no seen for 10 years -- so I was kind of busy.

Then I went to church on Sunday and came back to find a neutral rating :mad:

Difficult to communicate with. Wrong branch code given so payment could not be made timeously. No answer on cell phone

That fact is I give the correct branch code -- sometimes there is a problem with Standard bank and you have add some zeroes...

I phoned the lady immediately and explained and she promised to pay and change the ratings -- she still hasn't done either.

I emailed hello@bidorbuy but got no response...

I understand I am not perfect and I know one should accept bad ratings when you deserve them but I really think this is unfair.

Not too sure what to do now?

lilythepink

Try emailing the person again, using a firm but kind touch. Explain to her that you are hurt that she gave you a neutral rating before giving you a proper chance to help her understand the bank branch code situation. It is very confusing that Standard Bank don't use the same branch codes as everyone else, I have to admit! I am most surprised that hello@bidorbuy didn't respond to your email!

If she sees you are putting extra "care" into her purchase, perhaps she will come to the party and things will be sorted out.

If hello at BoB didn't respond to your email for help, then perhaps CW will?

and chill lass - a neutral rating isn't the end of the world! Take some deep, deep breaths!

Those are my suggestions. Good luck.

Reynet Trading

New buyers don't know what the rating system is all about, I think they think it is a way of communicating .I also got a negative rating from a new buyer for no apparent reason. New buyers should only be able to rate after they've bought about 10 items to give them the opportunity to learn how buying on BoB work.

daisyjewel

Hi Lily, I have emailed twice an asked if all is OK with the branch code now... also asked the user to let me know if I can help in anyway at all... no reply.

I did explain about the neutral rating when I phoned -- and she said she would change it. I know I should not get upset about it but the whole thing just seems so unreasonable...

I have now taken my phone number off bidorbuy as people just abuse it and expect me to answer calls at very unreasonable times. Also I am a stay at home mom with an 18 month old and a 4 year and sometimes it is difficult to even have a phone conversion during "office hours" as the children can be pretty demanding.

Daykie

Yes phone calls can be quite frustrating! I had someone try and phone me once from a hidden number and I couldn't take the call right away, they left no message and I couldn't phone back because of the hidden number. Then I find I've got a neutral rating telling me to answer my phone. They only tried once for crying out loud, and it turns out email would have been fine for the enquiry they had. They at least had the decency to change it once we had communicated.

I don't know why people feel they have the right to phone you any time and you have to answer or else explain why you didn't answer. ("Sorry I couldn't take your call, I was on the loo!" or "I had an accident trying to answer your call whilst driving, sorry if this was inconvenient to you") Sometimes you really just can't take a call.

Cali Craft and Gems

I removed my contact number from my "info" ages ago as it became a habit of certain buyers to phone at unearthly hours!

Mind you, there are still people who call me at all hours of the day or night on the landline and cellphone (including faxes at 2 in the morning!). They only have to search the net for our contact information and they'll find it.

Don't some people realise that most of us are "normal" and sleep at night?

lilythepink

Cali, with 35 cats no-one is "normal"! But, then, with 7 cats I hardly have room to speak, do I? :confused:

SProducts
I removed my contact number from my "info" ages ago as it became a habit of certain buyers to phone at unearthly hours!

Mind you, there are still people who call me at all hours of the day or night on the landline and cellphone (including faxes at 2 in the morning!). They only have to search the net for our contact information and they'll find it.

Don't some people realise that most of us are "normal" and sleep at night?

I've also removed my phone, but there are those who think they are smart and they search for your number and call you.

Isnt it clear, if I dont give you my phone number I dont want you to call. I gave an email why not use it.

This buyer rated me negative daily, I send a tracking number before the parcel is at post office so it will take a few days before its trackable and I have made a note on my shipping days. But this buyer will rate me negatively daily updating, "tracking number received", "tracking number incorrect", etc till they got their parcel. I had to be harsh and told them to stop playing with the rating system as it wasnt a game and fortunately they stopped.

Sipho

moppies
Hi Lily, I have emailed twice an asked if all is OK with the branch code now... also asked the user to let me know if I can help in anyway at all... no reply.

I did explain about the neutral rating when I phoned -- and she said she would change it. I know I should not get upset about it but the whole thing just seems so unreasonable...

I have now taken my phone number off bidorbuy as people just abuse it and expect me to answer calls at very unreasonable times. Also I am a stay at home mom with an 18 month old and a 4 year and sometimes it is difficult to even have a phone conversion during "office hours" as the children can be pretty demanding.

I also took my number from bob and guess what? Got a neutral and negative rating from a buyer stating that I did not respond to his mails. Never got any correspondence from the buyer and when I appealed to bob, my appeal was rejected saying" the buyer is right".

I decided to live with this as I know I am right. (I have proof)!! In afrikaans there is a saying: Die kool is nie die sous werd nie".

daisyjewel

Eish! At least I am not the only one :rolleyes: ...

Still I would like to know why bidorbuy has not replied to me yet?

Little Miss Muffet

I got a negative today. I phoned and turned on the chocolate tap.

Getting it sorted out.

daisyjewel

Hey Gee Whizz... who did you phone bidorbuy or the buyer?

Little Miss Muffet
Hey Gee Whizz... who did you phone bidorbuy or the buyer?

The buyer. I dont turn on the chocolate tap to Bob I scream at them(Jokes):D

lilythepink
I got a negative today. I phoned and turned on the chocolate tap.

Getting it sorted out.

Most advisable in such circumstances! :P

kebs

I also received a horrible rating today.. The buyer decided out of his own to send his own courier - despite it saying on my listings no collections. I left it & didn't say anything to him, but did point out that he hadn't paid anything extra for protective packaging & bubble wrap envelope, which I said would be R5 extra. He transferred an extra R20, no complaints raised. The he leaves negative feedback saying he won't buy from some-one who lowers themself to ask for R5 for wrapping.. Ahem - should I have overcharged & asked for more?! :rolleyes: I changed his rating to a negative because of his comments that I felt were insulting. No-one gives me bubble wrap envelopes for free, so what does he expect? Even the shops charge you for packets, but I should give them away? I allowed the courier collection despite the fact that he didn't check with me first & my listings say no collections, his courier came too early when I gave him a time that I would be home & my landlady - on oxygen mind you - had to go to the front gate to find out what the man wanted, then this.. :mad: Obviously he is now blocked from further sales!!!;) I have offered that he send the item back & I will refund him in full, including his extra R20!

P.S. Can BOB ask him to remove the insulting comments if I ask them to investigate? Not change the rating - he can leave it as he wants, but to remove the nasty part?

daisyjewel

:(Shame Kebs... very unfair.

kebs
:(Shame Kebs... very unfair.

Thanks! I just feel that if he had told me at the time he didn't want to R5 for extra protection - for an LCD screen by the way - he could have told me & I could have refunded his money..

Little Miss Muffet

You have every right to ask for the packaging charges but this old softie would let it ride.

Funny this because I got a negative rating yesterday. The item was R750 --a lighter and he says I did not mention it leaked. I had not tested it but was told by the person I bought it from that it was never used.

Nevertheless my husband took the lighter to Pinelands and someone was going to collect it for him.

Hubby spoke to the lady to arrange a meeting place and ended the conversation with"So you will pay for it on delivery"

I blasted him for asking for money.As wives go "dont mention money to my clients--dont say things I did not ask you to say--mind your own business. How do you know whether he has paid me or not Blah! blah! blah! Of course negative rating ended up being his fault too.

I offered him a complete refund but he apparently fixed the lighter at a cost of R80 so I offered to pay for the repair.

He has promised to change the rating to neutral.

I made a good profit on the lighter. I did not charge him for delivery and hubby had to travel a distance to deliver it but that is just old softie again.

I will never be rich ,comfortable but not rich.

Cali Craft and Gems

@Kebs - I support your stance completely!

I read through your terms and conditions in your listing which are totally valid. If the buyer fails to either read it or understand it, then the fault lies entirely with them.

The buyer probably felt like the "protective wrapping" should have been covered in the selling price of the item, but unfortunately in this 'game' it is not always the case! In order to keep in line with the competition, the items have a specific selling price and the postage price is set by each individual seller based on what expenses have to be covered (distance to post office / petrol, protective packaging, etc).

At the end of the day I find that you have been exceptionally lenient with this buyer by accepting to send the item via courier despite what your T&C's are.

For the buyer - what goes around comes around! It is not a case of you being "low" by asking for funds to cover your costs, but the case of the buyer being illiterate (or simply ignorant)!

Little Miss Muffet

Having said all the above I agree with kebs completely and kebs does certainly not deserve a negative rating.

kebs

Thanks guys! :) I would have actually let it slide, but the fact that he bought & then sent a note under buyers notes to say "courier will collect" without asking me first seemed a bit of a cheek.. So then I felt he should at least pay for the packaging like everyone else does.. In his feedback, he said he won't buy from me again - I so badly wanted to point out that he's blocked, so he can't! But alas, not enough characters left...:(. I did find it strange that last night he only replied to my +ve rating, so I altered it to explain, but left it +ve. Then suddenly when I get home from work this morning, -ve rating with nasty comments.. Admin - do you know if BOB can ask him to remove nasty personal comments even if there's no swearing?

admin

This comment, or did he change it ?

Comment: I would never buy from again from anyone that would lower themselves to ask for R5.00 for bubble wrap , I paid her R20 as she obviously needs money.

kebs

Yup, that's the one.. It's rather insulting...

admin

Agge nee man, that is not so bad. Anyone with half a braincell reading that will know that you can not wrap items for free, besides, who does not need money. I sure do, so if you don't want his R20, send it to me please ;)

On a more serious note, no, I do not think they will not get involved in that rating. Nothing stops you from trying though.

kebs

Aah... you have cheered me up!! :) Welcome back, by the way.. Hope you had a well deserved rest! I'll send you his R20 instead then...;)