Sign in to follow this  
SProducts

Advice please!

SProducts

I bough a Laptop, from the listing it had a Windows 7 operating system. Other Laptops & Notebooks - Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo V5505 2GB Memory 120GB HHD was sold for R2,500.00 on 14 May at 14:01 by rene09 in Port Elizabeth (ID:21878302)

When I received the Laptop there was no CD for operating system or drivers, okay I emailed seller and asked for the CD even if its a copy and atleast the PRODUCT KEYS which I can use should the Laptop crash. Seller promised to send on Monday and when reminded never responded.

A few days later the Laptop wanted me to activate Windows 7, when I tried I got a note that my operating system is counetrfeit and cant be activated. I bought this Laptop only because it had Windows 7, I already have one with Windows Vista and its not charging and have to use it connected to mains.

This laptop is basically without the operating system and I have to buy one which will costs me well over R1000.00, not to mention there are no drivers, I searched the net and couldnt find them.

I want the seller to refund, but they are not interested or responding to my emails or Bidorbuy's emails. The Laptop is useless without a operating system, worse now its slow and disconnectes from inetrnet everytime you try to use due to the operating system not being genuine.

My question, can I open a case or claim or anything somewhere to get my money bacj and buy myself a Laptop I can use?

Sipho

lilythepink

If you've bought a misrepresented product, you have every reason to open a case against the seller! In your shoes, I certainly would.

RISadler

Call the BSA at 0800110447 and tell them the whole story.

mellowred

The advert clearly states Windows 7 Sipho, so you certainly have a case against him.

According to his ratings, he also sold a PC with illegal Windows XP in February this year.

SProducts

Thanks guys for your respond, I will definately give BSA a call, and hear what they say.

@Mellowred I noticed the rating, guess what I rated teh seller negative but my rating doesnt appear on their profile. On my profile I still have an option to rate, but when I rate the system says I've already rated. Maybe a bug, I dont know.

Sipho