Sign in to follow this  
thx1138

Airsoft Maintenance

thx1138    10
thx1138

I have a question for Afrogil................what is the best lubricant to re-lubricate a TM gearbox? Anything available locally? My G36 is running a little noisy, the gears are dry but not worn so I'm not using it till it's re-lubricated.

Also a suggestion/idea............aside from proper airsoft training, after all there's no substitute for the real experience, pehaps certain fairly realistic tactical first person shooter games like Rainbow 6, Ghost Recon, SWAT etc, might give airsoft newbies (like me) a very basic idea of how it's done properly .i.e clearing rooms, use of flashbangs & other grenades, basic teamwork etc. I know they're only games but aren't there things that can be learned from them?

afrogil    10
afrogil

1) silicon-based stuff should to the trick, DONT, i repeat, DONT use REAL GUN OIL if you want to carry on playing

2) we are offering that allready and there was even a add online here on BoB ^^

thx1138    10
thx1138

Airsoft Maintenance

Thanks Afrogil, really appreciate the advice!

Noooooo, never real steel oil.

I have some pure silicon aerosol lubricant I can use which should do the trick. Should I dismante the whole gun or just zap it up through the grip when the motor's out? (I'm lazy)

Sorry 'bout that I didn't see the ad, where was it?

BTW I'm really pleased to see an MP-7A1, thanks for putting one on auction - very cool & compact weapon, I like :D Great for lefties too.

afrogil    10
afrogil

if its for your gears, use grease in stead of oil

oil you can use for magazine, slides, ....

thx1138    10
thx1138

Airsoft maint.

if its for your gears, use grease in stead of oil

oil you can use for magazine, slides, ....

Yup thanks, Afrogil, I do know that part, that silicon lube is best for AEGs.

Sorry, I should have been more specific - what I need to know is if there is any particular grease available locally that can be used for gearbox re-lubrication. There are a buttload of different greases out there .i.e graphite, silicon etc. & what grade grease?

I don't want to use just anything that could damage the gears, so I need to know exactly which one is best.

Thanks!

Lieb_47    10
Lieb_47

Hi Shadowgryphon,

A little off topic here. How many rounds approx. have you fired through your TM G36C and is it still stock or have you upgraded?

Thanks

LIEB_47

thx1138    10
thx1138

Airsoft Maint.

Hi Lieb_47,

I've fired only about 1000bbs, it's still using the stock gearbox, spring & motor.

I purchased it from Hong Kong last year & since I've had it I've noticed a whine when I fire it. My G3SAS is quieter so I noticed the difference immediately. I did contact the retailer but they claimed they tested it & it was fine.

It isnt. Adjusting the motor screw only makes it much louder.

I was hoping Afrogil would know what the best local lubricant is as I really didn't want to import special gearbox grease.

It looks like he's not around at the moment. Maybe a bit busy? He's sure done a lot of auctions over December.

SkyeCreations    10
SkyeCreations

Mabye send Afrogil an email, he is not attending the forum anymore as he is just too busy and has asked people not to PM him. Otherwise, mabye phone him?

wolverine qtg    10
wolverine qtg

Airsoft AEG Maintenance

Cazstar1

Try and not use the propellent based silicon oil, this is due to the butain / proane mix that will eventually break down the hop up unit, being rubber etc. Rather what we use for the unpgrades and servicing of AEG's is silicone oil from the pool shop, that is in raw form. For the gears you can use copper slip. Apply a light coating on the cleaned gears and oviously ensure that the timing is set up correctly. If you need any help you are welcome to bring your AEG through to our airsoft shop in Durbanville Cape Town. We can do it together at no charge, I have copper slip here.

Our contact details are

deleted - admin

Best Wishes

Gerald

WOLVERINE Quality Tactical Gear

thx1138    10
thx1138

Airsoft Maint.

Hi Wolverine QTG,

Actually it was me who needed the Gearbox relube on my aeg. Good thing you warned me , I have been using the aerosol silicon on the barrel & hop-up. Thanks for the very helpful info, & the very kind offer of assistance, I appreciate it. I would love to visit your store unfortunately I'm up in JHB.

Thanks again!

Thanks also for the suggestion Cazstar 1, I have already sent him 2 e-mails, one last week & one wednesday, actually about the gun I won on auction, but no reply as yet. I guess he must be very busy, according to the automated response I got he's relocating his storage & pickup facility.

I'm really exited to find out when my S-system arrives, it's been a month since I won & I'm eager to know what's happening. Don't want to nag though.

wolverine qtg    10
wolverine qtg

Airsoft Maintenance

NO sweat, if you get bogged down give us a call. Should you have and major breakdown with your gear box, send the gun down and we'll repair it for you, you just have to pay for postage.

Regards

Gerald

WOLVERINE QTG

StevenSS    10
StevenSS

Re: Airsoft Maintenance

NO sweat, if you get bogged down give us a call. Should you have and major breakdown with your gear box, send the gun down and we'll repair it for you, you just have to pay for postage.

Regards

Gerald

WOLVERINE QTG

Hi,

Do you guys kow of any places up in JHB that sells Airsoft?

Thanks

wolverine qtg    10
wolverine qtg

Airsoft Supplier JHB

StevenSS

You can try camo joe, Defensive Training Concepts

They are our distributors.

Regards

Gerald

WOLVERINE

CdeV    10
CdeV

Hi Guys

Any distributors in the Pretoria / Centurion area Gerald? :P

Thanks

SkyeCreations    10
SkyeCreations

Re: Airsoft Maint.

Thanks also for the suggestion Cazstar 1, I have already sent him 2 e-mails, one last week & one wednesday, actually about the gun I won on auction, but no reply as yet. I guess he must be very busy, according to the automated response I got he's relocating his storage & pickup facility.

I'm really exited to find out when my S-system arrives, it's been a month since I won & I'm eager to know what's happening. Don't want to nag though.

Mabye give him a call ? I think he is really hectic at the moment, I need to have a chat with him as well, but I'll give him a call in a week or two as I know how hectic it can be to move shop.