Sign in to follow this  
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Sudden Proliferation Of Descreet Listings

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Hi.all

Strange this sudden amount of discreet listings on crazy wednesday stamps sales-This is mainly on expensive items so is a dead giveaway as to what will happen.These are similar or same items that i have sold without discreet listing for good prices but other sellers have tried same items with less success so i suppose they do not wish to "give"these items away.

If you want a certain price on an item then do not start at R1 on crazy wednesday but list normally with your asking price and do not abuse the discreet listing for your own gain.

NEIL

dstorm

Hello Neil

Once again I agree with everything that you have said.

But do not worry, I am sure BoB will monitor this!

Regards

Jacques

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Hi Jacque,

The problem here is i know who can be in collusion with certain sellers but with the discreet listing i cannot see who is bidding!!Never mind any newbies with no ratings that will appear and we can then monitor the authenticty there are some established buyers/sellers who could be in collusion and without being able to see who it is ,makes it impossible to report misconduct.

The one good thing is many stamps have postmarks which are unique to that stamp so that item cannot be offered again by the same seller-But i would advise any bidders on the discreet listings to bid to their limit only and if any personal offers come their way after the auctions to view these with serious circumspection!!

NEIL

dstorm

Hello Neil

I know what you are talking about and I know WHO you are talking about.

Just a bit of Trivia. Do you know that Kleinmond is the town with the most stamp dealers per capita in the whole world?

Regards

Jacques

lilythepink

Would that be Kleinmond near Cape Town or the one near Port Alfred?

alloway65

Hi all,

I try not to buy from sellers with discreet listings...I am a suspicious Scotsman!:rolleyes:

Stay warm

David

RISadler

The "D" stands for Dummy.

Seriously, I can understand the reasoning behind "discreet" bidding (on non-adult items). On the other hand, knowing who your competition is can also raise prices considerably.

Personally, I think bidorbuy has thrown away one of their biggest assets in allowing discreet bidding, namely a loyal community that police itself.

If bidorbuy wants anonymous bidding, then they should go the whole hog and do it like on eBay.