Sign in to follow this  
Digitrade

The "SMITH'S' from USA - This thread belongs to you!

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

There is a tendency by scammers from the USA or other foreign countries that evolved over the last couple of weeks. All sellers must be very careful to release any goods. They will ask you to send the items to some West-African country, and before you know it, you have lost everything. They try to buy very high priced items like cellphones, laptops and gaming consoles.

What makes me mad, is that these guys deliberately wastes the listing fees that the sellers paid towards their advertisement. BOB - we need to get rid of these guys!

Please blacklist this buyer:

Ratings received by cindysmith002 on bidorbuy.co.za

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

cindysmith002 (no ratings) Blacklisted

Status is Blacklisted

Located in United States

Member since 21 Jun 2010

kebs    10
kebs

Yup, they bought from me too.. Some-one please sort them out before I lose my temper.. At this rate, I won't be listing any expensive items anymore, especially seeing as I have to wait a total of 14 days now to get back the seller fees... Ratings received by smithsmith on bidorbuy.co.za

kebs    10
kebs

& blacklisted - thanks to the team!!

kebs    10
kebs

Well spotted digitrade! you'd think by now they would at least come up with something other than Smith!!! :confused:

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

My, word.

These guys are seriously determined.

They just don't seem to stop.

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

I am starting to wonder if the CW "Spot a problem" link is not just there for the show. What is the use of having this feature over week-ends if nobody monitors what is happening? The last three USA scammers are still open to do business. 7 hours later?! Here is another two:

Ratings received by maureensmith77 on bidorbuy.co.za

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/userprofile/UserProfile.jsp?User_UserId=1672625

bob admin    1
bob admin

All blacklisted.

Thanks Digitrade and Morne.

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

:oWow, this is seriously insane!

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
mellowred    10
mellowred

If this wasn't so serious, I'd be laughing. How daft are these people?:confused:

moppies    10
moppies
MsPlod    10
MsPlod
lilythepink    10
lilythepink

What's the bet it's all one person with criminal tendencies? :mad: And someone who doesn't realise what excellent sleuths are now part of BoB?? ;)

kebs    10
kebs

& when are BOB going to employ Digitrade & MsPlod?? ;)

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Added it as a hobby...

& when are BOB going to employ Digitrade & MsPlod?? ;)

It's a bit like doing a crossword or jigsaw puzzle and having to find the missing thingies - just with a bit more social conscience - :P

mellowred    10
mellowred

roflmao.

Sorry Digitrade I know this is a serious problem but I can't believe what is going on. You must be catching them as quick as they register.

What a waste of everyone's time. Do you think they are seriously trying to scam or just out to create havoc?

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

They are seriously trying to scam. These users only bid on items with a value of R2000 upwards, and then use fake proof of payments to get you to send the item bought. This last user made 11 "purchases" for close to R30000! Over and above that, they "buy" from users who paid R100 for enhanced listings. Money down the drain, as it can not be refunded. This is truly a SERIOUS problem that started.