Sign in to follow this  
Angeluv

Insurance charges

Angeluv

Ive looked at the shipping charges tutorial, but plz help.

Below is an example of my shipping charges,

With the insurance option,

if i add 2% insurance charge

is it correct below, that i said 0.02%, or should it say 2%??

so is the insurance price automatically added onto the R25 by bidorbuy ?

so it will be included automatically in the total amount that the buyer must pay?

Shipping & Other Charges

• Postal (less than 1 kg) + Tracking numberR25.00 for the first item

additional items free

Insurance is charged at an additional 0.02% of the order value

• Postal (more than one kg) + Tracking numberR30.00 for the first item

R5.00 each additional item

kebs

Hi there.. You need to add 2%, not 0,02% for insurance.. I don't use the bidorbuy postage system, so not sure if it's added on automatically, but I think it is as long as you've stated the percentage..

Vinyl Lady Decals

I use the automatic system, but not the insurance option.

I find that buyers that want insurance want it for the total transaction including postage, not just the sale price. I inform my buyers to manually add on 2% if they want insurance as the system calculates insurance on the sale price only excluding postage.

lilythepink

Like Kebs, I also put my own postage amounts in the adverts for each item, seeing as I sell a variety of things and whereas a heavy candle would cost R45.00, a postage stamp would go registered mail for well under R20.00 (depending on the size of the envelope).

Asha Craft Jewellery

the bobpay system automatically calculates the insurance amount, based on the percentage you entered. It SHOULD only be 2% as the postoffice doesn't charge more. (although some sellers push their luck way too far, some charging up to 10% extra.) Nice move to cover bob commission fees.... Hmmm..... lol

lilythepink

@ Amanda: You're right on with your guess about sellers trying to cover their costs by charging excessive shipping fees. It is against BoB rules and I firmly believe that sellers who try this should be banished. And I fully agree that if an item sells on auction for R1.00, even if it is worth R10 000.00, it is a sale concluded and the seller is duty-bound to send it to the buyer.