Sign in to follow this  
BeadsandBaubles

Broken gmail :(

BeadsandBaubles    10
BeadsandBaubles

Hi

My gmail is broken :(

Is it 'cos my Norton expired? and my Laptop crashed? and I had to reload the factory settings to get it to work again?

I have loaded all the correct programming and will be fixing my Norton today.

Everything is working perfectly - only gmail when I try to type it skips the space bar and some letters, takes me 15 minutes just to type a small note and have to backspace and click, click, click to type in a letter or the space bar.

Does anyone know how to fix this - I do not have the google toolbar loaded, can this be the problem (I used it previously)

Also when I originally loaded Google Chrome it caused problems, so I uninstalled it and just had the standard Google toolbar, this was months ago, have the issues with it been sorted out, and is it safe to use with IE7.

:confused: I would be grateful if anyone can help out on this - I am a totally idiot so please help in "baby" language.

Lovely weekend to all, and thanks in advance for any advice.

Sandy

jacque31    10
jacque31

Google toolbar is just an add-on for a browser and should not have any affect with a gmail account. Do you import your mail using Windows mail or do you access your account directly on the internet. If it's on the internet I can't see why it would effect anything, if you import it using an email client then the problems you had with the crashing and so on can maybe effect this. But really from your description it could be 1 of many causes! Keep us informed and maybe we can help sort this out!

BeadsandBaubles    10
BeadsandBaubles

Broken gmail

Hiya

Ola, it's not me! Dankie Vader!

Apparently there is an issue with missing keystrokes with IE7 and Vista. They are busy working on a fix and will notify me as soon as the issue has been sorted out.

I've had so many problems this last week to sort out, next year I'm gonna make sure I get that Norton upgrade in time. I'll wait it out and see what happens - apparently it works with Firefox (which I had before, thus the difference all of a sudden)

Thanks for the reply. I learn a little everyday :)

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Norton!!

Hiya

Ola, it's not me! Dankie Vader!

Apparently there is an issue with missing keystrokes with IE7 and Vista. They are busy working on a fix and will notify me as soon as the issue has been sorted out.

I've had so many problems this last week to sort out, next year I'm gonna make sure I get that Norton upgrade in time. I'll wait it out and see what happens - apparently it works with Firefox (which I had before, thus the difference all of a sudden)

Thanks for the reply. I learn a little everyday :)

Do yourself a BEEEEEG favour and don't renew Norton - try one of the other antivirus programmes. Norton slowed down and crashed my computer (and at least three other friends' computers) - Have used ESET (NOD) for the past four years and am very satisfied with it. Fast and extremely efficient.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I totally agree with you MsPlod about not using Norton. It gave me some nightmares too and was an absolute waste of money.

I've been using BitDefender for the past three years and it is worth every cent I pay for it.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Outlook... Just a thought

Do you have Outlook or Outlook Express as your email software?

If you have Outlook - then set it so that all your email downloads to your computer - or only the ones you want to.

I use gmail and have set it up so that all my mail downloads to the various folders on Outlook. I was wondering why you (and others) were having problems and not me.

Of course - then again - it might not be convenient for you to have the gmail emails downloading - if so - forget that I wrote this :P

jacque31    10
jacque31

Yip have to agree, Norton is good but uses way to much resources. I used BitDefender & McAfee before and recommend them highly.

BeadsandBaubles    10
BeadsandBaubles

Norton

Darn, have already purchased the Norton Upgrade, but I will definitely look into the ones mentioned. I'm really stupid as far as these things are concerned.

As far as Outlook goes, I'd love to use it, just have not got around to purchasing it, LOL, just toddle along with what I have - and when I do get it will probably take me months to learn how to use it. I am getting past the age when I could just look at something and figure out how it works.

I do have another question for all you clever people, if you don't mind.

Can anyone tell me how the product feed from an existing website to bidorbuy works? I hear it only updates once a day, how would one go about listing accurately if for instance there are sales directly from the website and then someone orders the same thing from bidorbuy?

The website works with a pro forma system whereby stock is checked for availability before the order is made, shipping costs sent, etc. How could one consolidate this with bidorbuys system?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.