Sign in to follow this  
Splendid Things

Buyer paid incorrect shipping costs?

Splendid Things

I am new, so please forgive me if the answers are available somewhere else :)

A buyer bought 5 items and combined the postage when she made the payment. The combined items now exceeds the weight for a econo parcel and will have to be send as an ordinary parcel.

I have already emailed her and explained the problem (waiting on a reply). If she agrees to make the additional payment, how will she go about it. I am just trying to have the answer ready when she asks me :)

Thank you.

admin

Hi BitsPieces,

Welcome to the Forum.

Postage is a matter between you and the buyer, he/she can just deposit the money into your bank account. ;)

lilythepink
Hi BitsPieces,

Welcome to the Forum.

Postage is a matter between you and the buyer, he/she can just deposit the money into your bank account. ;)

I've got a similar problem with a new user who owes me R10.00 on postage - has paid the bulk amount but I am not going to post until the R10 reflects as a credit in my account. This happens more frequently than it used to!

RISadler

Yip, buyers are always trying to scam sellers through insufficient postage. :D

moppies

Happened to me also. I send a polite e-mail to ask them to pay the difference. The buyers understood their mistake and we are all happy.

I do agree that you will find the buyer that is difficult. In that case I will refuse to send the item! Unhappy seller - unhappy buyer - not my problem if the buyer cannot read!!!

lilythepink

Well my new to BoB buyer paid the R10.00 difference so all is well and the parcel is going off to them today! Hip hip hooray for a prospective good user on BoB. :D

babyface2

also had the same problem. one buyer actually paid the item gave me positive rating for fast delivery. filed snc still no postage and still sitting with the item:o maybe this person has too much money and the sellers on bob should take some lessons from this buyer LOL

Little Miss Muffet
also had the same problem. one buyer actually paid the item gave me positive rating for fast delivery. filed snc still no postage and still sitting with the item:o maybe this person has too much money and the sellers on bob should take some lessons from this buyer LOL

With all due respect to you babyface. I owe you for 2 purchases and I cant pay you because you have not answered my email asking you how much I owe you for postage for 3 purchases:D Mail sent today

Little Miss Muffet

Thanks for answering ny email--Had to just pull your leg.;)

kebs

I've had similar issues lately - had 2 buyers use bobpay credit card to pay & didn't include the postage amount... Can some-one tell me - if I refuse a credit card payment, can the buyer do another one, for the correct amount, or is it a case of once a credit card payment is refused for that order, you can't try it again? I wasn't sure, so I accepted both payments, without any postage costs. I sent the one item a week later after no response from the buyer, the other one took a while, but eventually managed to do a cash deposit for the postage amount. Would like to know for future reference though, can I refuse a payment & then let the buyer re-try the credit card with the correct amount?

Little Miss Muffet

I refused a credit card payment and the reversal cost the buyer R30

That was over a year ago so could be more now.

Ofcourse gets the buyers back up so not worth it.

Rather accept and ask for postage afterwards.

kebs

Oops - R30.. More than the postage!! Thanks for the info - good thing I accepted the payments then!

wayjen

this is getting more and more frustrating by the hour never mind the day. A total of 4 buyers have short paid us this week and it seems it is for postage. They seem to think you can post a securely wrapped parcel for R15 and R20. Where are they getting this idea from and I suspect it has something to do with some sort of BoB function as each and everyone who buys from us gets an email setting out what they need to pay after they have won an auction.

They have all been emailed for the correct amount and we will only post once the payment reflects.

babyface2

hi Wayjen

i had the same problem. sent email to request for the short payment on postage. no response. filed snc buyer wants to know what is the problem as she has paid in full:o i mailed her again. now playing the waiting game. i suggest you do the same maybe you will then get a response from them

wayjen

yeah we are babyface2 we will wait them out.

wayjen

today another one short paid. for me it is either these people cannot read or never check their emails or they are getting prices off the BoB site with regards to shipping or something.

lilythepink

Is it "newbies" who are doing this to you, Wayne, or is it the regulars? If newbies, perhaps they are just ignorant and will come to the party when you email them. Possibly same applies with the regulars but some of them could also be just chancing their luck!

wayjen

i will have to check with Jenny and see who they are but 4 in a week is a bit too much something is wrong. we have had to rethink our postage section now because of this.

mellowred

Hi Wayne, have you started using the "new" postage listing system? I know you weren't keen on it initially. I had to reword this three times before it made sense to buyers.

wayjen

As far as i know we use our own wording as, like you say, did not think that the BoB functionality works for sellers but what makes me made is that after you win an auction we send you the full amount which includes postage etc and they still have the nerve to pay less. How do you post off an article for R10 when posties lowest price is about R18 or something?

I will stick by what i say everytime when this comes up. The post office work by weight and size and both change once you start packaging a parcel. if an article cost R20 and it is a 1kg and is a 30cm x 30cm book you cannot expect to pay R20 for it because once you wrap the item to avoid stealing and breakage the item weighs 1.5kg and is 60 x 60 cm which takes it into a new payment bracket.

why is this so hard to believe? we do not get rich on postage as that goes to postie.

wayjen

once again my blood boils at the nerve of some buyers. i had to waste R49 to top up my adsl gigs just to see if i was right and now my blood is boiling even hotter.

As we do with all our buyers we send out a confirmation email telling them amongst other things what the postage will be. Now we get a neutral rating because the buyer is unable to read plain english emails and pays R15 postage when the lowest amount according to this site is R18 odd for econoparcel.

We then resend another email telling this buyer to pay another R5.00 and now they still have the nerve to question this.

it seems again that buyers are dictating their own postage fees.

i don't smoke or drink but it looks like i might have to start.

voldermort

I also used to have this problem until I put the set BoB shipping fees onto my ads, obviously on some things I lose out a few $ with the shipping but most of the time it balances out really well....you should seriously think about using this to avoid these kind of situations AND the sellers actually do take note of the shipping charges when they are clearly set out. Took me awhile to get used to it but now glad I did.

wayjen

hi Sam, nice to see your light on. we are re-looking at everything now.

voldermort
hi Sam, nice to see your light on. we are re-looking at everything now.

Hey Wayne....good to be back, missed all our nonsense chats. Have a look at some of my ads and you'll see what I mean re: shipping, it really does make it easier.

jphotography

Yeah I made that mistake once. I won 2 items on auction from same seller, did not see it and only paid for 1 item. Guy emailed me and I just paid extra into his account. Errors do happen sometime :)

You can just send the person an email and see what happens.