multi collection

No more Econoparcel services

multi collection

Hi all

I went to the post office, I have a pacel want to post in Econoparcel

They told me No more services for Econoparcel

It's true or not ??? :mad:

kebs

I certainly hope not!!! :confused: Will have to find out from my post office on Monday..

mellowred

First I've heard of that.

You can't insure Econoparcel anymore ... are you sure your PO is not confused?

Cali Craft and Gems

I'm good friends with the post-mistress at our branch. She informed me on Thursday after I'd queried the insured econoparcel, and she has received confirmation that it is up to the branch concerned if they want to use this service (insured econoparcel) or not as it IS on their system!

Basically:

1) Econoparcel (PE tracking number) is still available and has NOT changed.

2) Insurance on econoparcel IS still in use - the option IS on the computer system and it is just the teller / branch being "greedy"! Stand your ground!

Re the insured parcel - the teller's computer system will show them the following options:

* Econoparcel (parcel under certain weight / size constraints)

* Ordinary parcel (parcel over the econo weight / size range)

* Add the insurance to either of the above options which is calculated at 2% of the stipulated value.

The teller has to first select the required option from the system (econo or ordinary), insert the weight of the parcel, and then the value for insurance purposes. The system will print out a label stating "insured 2%" and the total postage cost. Example, the parcel's value is R200 and is small enough for Econoparcel, then the Rand total showing on the label will be R22.15 (R18.15 postage and R4 insurance).

Our post-mistress has insisted that you as the customer must stand for your rights! Refer to the postage rate booklet issued / dated April 2010. Most staff do NOT realise that the customer is right most of the time!

Make a note of the size / weight constraints for all your parcels and point out to the staff when they are in the wrong! I often fight with the one teller at our branch, now he doesn't even bother trying to "trick" me anymore!

Good luck everyone!

lilythepink

I agree with everything Cali has said above, especially about the weight of a parcel. There is one gentleman at our PO who tries to send everything normal parcel post and if my husband goes to send off my parcels he doesn't argue and just pays. I refuse to be bamboozled - I know the tariffs well now as also the maximum sizes of econo parcels and if he tries it on with me, I make him get a ruler and measure the parcel AND reweigh it! Our post master is also an extremely fair and honest man, which helps tremendously.

SProducts

I also agree with Cali, you must stand your ground. Different branches work different, dont know wht sinc ethey should all work the same. In my post office I can send Econo parcel with insurance and at Marshalltown in Joburg they dont, they send it only through Ordinary parcel.

In some post offices, as long as the parcel is less than a kilogram, they send it Econo parcel regardless of dimensions and some post offices dont.

With the post office, you jusyt have to be best at being stubborn, otherwise they'll play you like a fool.

Sipho

multi collection

In my post office I con't send Econo parcel with insurance at Extonweg in Bloemfontein, they send it only through Ordinary parcel.

brands online

All true, I find there's an obvious lack of training at the post office/s. Lots of the tellers don't even know how to measure a parcel. It's ridiculous

lilythepink
All true, I find there's an obvious lack of training at the post office/s. Lots of the tellers don't even know how to measure a parcel. It's ridiculous

Well I think that a person at the PO who works regularly with parcels would have a fair idea about the measurements of a parcel IF they know their job (which some don't!). When the difficult clerk at our PO decides that my parcel must go ordinary parcel because it is "too big" I pull out my tape measure and he has to rethink his decision! Everything these days has to be checked and watched with a beady eye, it seems. :mad: