Sign in to follow this  
jacsch

Danking

brands online
So, without sarcasm, a genuine question from a seller that is very much dependant on her Bid or Buy sales.

How big do I have to be to become untouchable?

I started out selling on BoB using the seller in question as a mentor, now, ...uhm....not so much...:wondering:

Is it in the fees, the bulk sales, the constant controversy...?

Used to be a shotgun, a trench coat and a way kewl hat, how thing's have changed...

But yeah, that's a good question. There's no denying there are some Untouchables..Kings...Spy's... etc...

And with all the denial that will be broght forth, there can be no denying how some forum matters even pertaining to these so-called Untouchables

are simply overlooked...

qball

Whilst many of you have your opinions regarding the seller, they are not untouchable. However, when we make decisions about closing an account or blacklisting a seller, we take many factors into consideration, ratings, transaction history, sales, service etc. Whilst we do not condone some of the responses given by the seller, each rating is taken on it's merits, and if it is found to be contravening our policies it is removed. There is always 3 sides to every story and often it is difficult to determine who is at fault. Many buyers also abuse the rating system and the same action is taken regardless. Many of you may not agree with our decisions, but unfortunately we will not be blacklisting the seller purely based on the manner in which they respond to you as a buyer. We have seen just as many examples of buyers being rude and abusive in return or in retaliation, and many initiate it. In many cases the buyer may also be at fault for delays, incorrect payment amounts, non payment etc.

No matter what, if you feel that you have been rated unfairly or the the seller has been abusive we will intervene and try help resolve the situation, in most cases. However, please remember, some buyers have legitimate gripes and these are welcomed on the forum, however, all we ask is that the posts remain civil, factual and non confrontational.

Thank you.

Kind regards

Cuan

Vinyl Lady Decals
We have seen just as many examples of buyers being rude and abusive in return or in retaliation, and many initiate it. In many cases the buyer may also be at fault for delays, incorrect payment amounts, non payment etc.

Cuan

I can agree here. I've just had my first rude, bad buyer since the new messaging system was implemented.

I've sent the emails through to BoB, so hopefully this will be dealt with. The buyer wants my address so she can see me face to face - threatening language if ever there was any and apparently I'm giving her sh** for asking for payment. It's obviously not the done thing to ask for payment in her book.

KMartin

Its easy to make someone untouchable , touchable.... Just dont buy from them, in end effect they will have no more sales, no more bad ratings.

Sure the new users who dont read rating's before bidding will find out the hard way, but those who know... boycot.

this message is not directed to danking.... but all sellers with ALOT of bad ratings.

Also keep in mind, most sellers with alot of bad ratings are also those who sell a few hundred items a week. the more sales, the more chance of bad ratings. unless you keep your clients happy.

Reading a post few min ago, i noticed lillythepink has alot of sales, and still 100% ratings... those are the asset's to BOB.

Why not a anual Prize, Seller with highest number of sales/rating comparison positive gets say X amount weeks free lising on bob. Would encourage the bid seller to be more friendly.

lilythepink

Thanks for the compliment, KMartin! I am just a "hobby" seller - look at sellers like asha craft, geewhizz, seedsandall, etc. THEY are the ones who need the compliments more than I do! lol :razz:

kyle2

I think this thread speaks for itself, the fact that it has gone on for so long speaks volumes about the seller. One would only hope that the seller in question would develop a conscience and take heed of what people are saying about him and try and rectify the problem. In an ideal world I suppose. Like Qball says, three sides to this coin.:huh:

t626

I really don’t know why bid or buy is not taking actions on this seller coz I also complained to them about this seller telling me that I didn’t pay full amount. BOB told me that they did talk to him and he said he will send the Item. Till 2day the seller doesn’t want to send my item and he’s even refusing to refund me. Bob received more than 10 of my emails complaining about him.

Buyers have to be careful about this man.

psavv

This seller, charges exorbitant posting, delivers late, often delivers damaged and / or incorrect goods. He demands payment withing 48 hours, and yet he cannot respond with speedy delivery.

No matter how much the administrators may say there are three sides to every story, Danking is a rude seller, who abuses the BoB system, especially the ratings but also he abuses the buyers, he makes his own rules and they are heavily stacked on his side. Basically he offers nothing, no guarantee, no warranty, tells the buyers that they must pay for returning of goods, and even wants to charge buyers when he sends out the wrong goods.

This is not only my experience but hundreds of others too as can be clearly seen by the above average number of negatives and neutrals that he receives.

So, what are the solutions?

1. Disable Danking from making any ratings.

2. Force Danking to apply BoB rules, and not his own.

Easy.

Miss Jewels

I second this suggestion. I also received 2 negatives from him, and only because I gave him negatives for receiving my goods nearly 3 weeks late. He wanted payment within 48 hours - over a weekend - I paid the Monday. Didn't receive a rating or an SNC from him. When I rated him negatively...guess what....retaliation rating. So typical of him. He is a miserable person to deal with. His own staff told me they had a problem and couldn't supply on time. He sends me a rude e-mail saying the ladies only work for him. So? He was away from the office and couldn't attend to any paper work. Not my problem! I complained to BoB about the rating, but they say it's gotta stay - I paid late and thus violated his terms and conditions. He must just remember that he is dependant on the buyers, not the other way around. What comes around goes around DanKing!

Vinyl Lady Decals

There are several large sellers on this site that are going to have to change their way of doing things when the new Consumer Protection Act comes into play.

It has been postponed until April next year, apparently.

One of the stipulations of the act is that if the buyer is unhappy, the seller has to refund and receive the goods back at own cost (seller to pay postage).

This is going to make a huge difference for those unethical sellers out there and will hopefully start to cut down on the number of unhappy buyers being taken advantage of.

brands online
There are several large sellers on this site that are going to have to change their way of doing things when the new Consumer Protection Act comes into play.

It has been postponed until April next year, apparently.

One of the stipulations of the act is that if the buyer is unhappy, the seller has to refund and receive the goods back at own cost (seller to pay postage).

This is going to make a huge difference for those unethical sellers out there and will hopefully start to cut down on the number of unhappy buyers being taken advantage of.

I don't see this exactly working here on BOB and this could be a problem. While I agree with you on cutting down on the number of buyers being taken advantage of, I foresee huge problems with buyers taking sellers for a ride. Having had experience with buyers who contact you a month later to say they're unhappy or that an item has arrived damaged, the power is now going to be left almost entirely in their hands. Sellers on BOB who sell loads of items simply do not have the time nor in many cases, financial means to pursue other legal avenues. Buyers are certainly going to take advantage of the Act creating unhappy 'ethical' sellers, or am I alone in thinking that?

BumbleBabe
I don't see this exactly working here on BOB and this could be a problem. While I agree with you on cutting down on the number of buyers being taken advantage of, I foresee huge problems with buyers taking sellers for a ride. Having had experience with buyers who contact you a month later to say they're unhappy or that an item has arrived damaged, the power is now going to be left almost entirely in their hands. Sellers on BOB who sell loads of items simply do not have the time nor in many cases, financial means to pursue other legal avenues. Buyers are certainly going to take advantage of the Act creating unhappy 'ethical' sellers, or am I alone in thinking that?

Agree 100% with you. I have just started selling and I am scared to the bone of what these buyers are going to do to me. I have confidence in my products, but it is not a face to face sale so buyer can abuse product and later want their money back. What is going to protect us as sellers. Where can I get a copy of the new act, do you know?

DestinysAngels
Agree 100% with you. I have just started selling and I am scared to the bone of what these buyers are going to do to me. I have confidence in my products, but it is not a face to face sale so buyer can abuse product and later want their money back. What is going to protect us as sellers. Where can I get a copy of the new act, do you know?

:angel:BB, take it one day at a time, you will do just fine, i will be here if you need me and i am sure the rest of the BOBBER's is too, after all we have to look out for each other's backs, (That's what Friends are for)!:cheesy:

Vinyl Lady Decals

Yes, this could potentially become a huge problem.

BumbleBabe
:angel:BB, take it one day at a time, you will do just fine, i will be here if you need me and i am sure the rest of the BOBBER's is too, after all we have to look out for each other's backs, (That's what Friends are for)!:cheesy:

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it:love: your an :angel:

DestinysAngels
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it:love: your an :angel:

:love:BB, any time, any day, all the way!

miraclebabycaw

I had a situation with him where my SIL asked me to order a trick ball for one of her boys. I won the auction and paid the exorbitent postage. added another address for it to be posted to when placing my order and waited. Nothing arrived. My SIL decided she had better get another one for her other boy so I won the next auction (about 3w later). Just after winning it the first trick ball arrived. Only trick to it was to trick you out of your money, Also it had been sent to me not to the other address I specified on the order. So I mailed Danking politely and told him, these were really a waste of money, I would pay him for the auction but he could keep the ball and not post it as I was not going to pay postage. I duly paid him the auction price excluding postage. No replies. 2w later a SNC was lodged against me for non payment. I sent all the stuff to BOB saying that I had infact paid for the auction just not postage and had told Danking to keep the ball. The SNC came back as no one at fault, so his fees to BOB were given back to him even though he had received the payment for the auction. This was only a small auction but how many others are there like that? I also got a mail from him saying that I was never to buy from him again. Like I would? I've also complained in the past about him, but it just gets ignored anyway so personally my feeling is no matter how many complaints, BOB is not going to do anything against their "big" sellers.

eZethu Coins
Like I would? I've also complained in the past about him, but it just gets ignored anyway so personally my feeling is no matter how many complaints, BOB is not going to do anything against their "big" sellers.

"Big" has many meanings. Certainly one of these mean that the BoBer has completed a lot of transactions (simply measured by the rating system). The important "Big" in my books also means GREAT. These BoBers - sellers and buyers alike - that make my transactions on BoB a GREAT EXPERIENCE are the BIGGEST in my mind. I deal with many of them and guess what - they make mistakes from time to time. The mistakes are not the important issue - it is how they recover from it and deal with the issue - therefor they are BIG. I make mistakes from time to time (I suppose we all do as humans), but guess what - BIG buyers allow me to recover from and deal with the issue to rectify the mistake.

So not all BIG BoBers are BIG, and many small BoBers are BIG too.

Don't let the small BIG BoBers get you down - there are many BIG BoBers that make up for those. The majority of BoBers are BIG - so worth it to stay around.

qball
I had a situation with him where my SIL asked me to order a trick ball for one of her boys. I won the auction and paid the exorbitent postage. added another address for it to be posted to when placing my order and waited. Nothing arrived. My SIL decided she had better get another one for her other boy so I won the next auction (about 3w later). Just after winning it the first trick ball arrived. Only trick to it was to trick you out of your money, Also it had been sent to me not to the other address I specified on the order. So I mailed Danking politely and told him, these were really a waste of money, I would pay him for the auction but he could keep the ball and not post it as I was not going to pay postage. I duly paid him the auction price excluding postage. No replies. 2w later a SNC was lodged against me for non payment. I sent all the stuff to BOB saying that I had infact paid for the auction just not postage and had told Danking to keep the ball. The SNC came back as no one at fault, so his fees to BOB were given back to him even though he had received the payment for the auction. This was only a small auction but how many others are there like that? I also got a mail from him saying that I was never to buy from him again. Like I would? I've also complained in the past about him, but it just gets ignored anyway so personally my feeling is no matter how many complaints, BOB is not going to do anything against their "big" sellers.

Your appeal to the SNC was accepted, however, you have made the situation worse by entering into a transaction with the seller, not paying the full amount as required by the seller which is stated up front in the listing, knowing the shipping charges already. The seller has the right to file the SNC as the transaction was not concluded from your side. That's what we look at. Technically we should have found you at fault for not concluding the transaction 100% as is your obligation in terms of our policies and the terms as set out by the seller. Unfortunately I do not see how we are protecting the seller in this instance?

Regarding sellers in general, there are 3 sides to every story, and no seller gets preferential treatment, any abuse of the rating system is acted upon and removed in instances where buyer and seller abuse the rating system. The seller is also warned for their actions, just as buyers are for theirs. The rating system is open to abuse by both buyer and seller because many people simply cannot behave politely or with civility. These so called "big" sellers certainly does not get away with any abuse of the rating system, and we do remove unwarranted/revenge ratings... and it's at our discretion as to whether we remove it, as in many cases the buyer is also guilty of rating abuse.

The lesson here is simply communication, in some respects many people have lost the art of communicating with each other in a civil and polite manner online, due to the fact that they are not face to face with the other person.

Unfortunately this thread has run it's course, it will be closed now.

Thank you all for your comments.