Sign in to follow this  
jacsch

Danking

MsPlod

Great story - well told

By Friday I was wrapping parcels with my eyes shut and knew the post office staff by the smell of their deoderant:(

LOL - very funny

Have bought quite a few things from DK. Have received everything I paid for - some things took a couple of months, some things had to send reminders - but I got everything and with only a couple of exceptions, am delighted with it all. Had read the negative comments - so knew that I was in for a long wait to get the goodies.

Would not necessarily buy from them again - but then again - if I saw a few things I wanted - I also would not hesitate - as long as I was not in a hurry (i.e. needing them within a couple of months) ;)

lilythepink

He used to be absolutely on the ball - emails were answered promptly and in a very friendly manner and items were sent within the time specified in his ads. Perhaps his business has just grown so quickly that he hasn't been able to keep up with things? I'd like to believe that he'll get it all sorted out so the problems go away permanently.

SAMMI H

is it new management or loss of interest y the change then , if other sellers like Spyguy can sell as much as they do and keep 100% rating answer the phone every time he will even send your goods the same day as auction coses if you pay quick he is an all roung gr8 seller and gentleman then danking has no excuse a little pr will go a long way

kebs

I often read through this seller's feedback - it's fascinating.. Even when the wrong item has been sent, he still comes up with an excuse.. Here's an example :

1x1_trans.gifNegative rating for Spiderman Blue Design Skateboard ( 800 x 200 ...

29 Aug 2010

Comment:

Received skateboard but with skull NOT SPIDERMAN as ADVERTISED

by martin1970 (22 rating1.gif)

Response:

Maybe try reading the listings before you bid - Stipulated on the listing - Available in a variety of designs & colour - AS ADVERTISED

If I had bid on that item, I would expect a Spiderman board... Plain & simple..

Vinyl Lady Decals

True, I agree, what he should then have said in the listing is maybe mention the variety of designs and show a photo of each one so that buyers know what they should expect.

Kit W

This all boils down to one factor - we are dealing with "Royal Game" & 'Untouchables" - a lot has been discussed on the forum in the past concerning this very same subject.

I am afraid to say this is all a time-wasting exercise

lilythepink

Well said, Kit W. Well said.

kebs

It does make one wonder though how many buyers have been put off bid or buy after buying from him?

jacque31
It does make one wonder though how many buyers have been put off bid or buy after buying from him?

I can bet a lot! If people don't go on the forum that much they surely would believe that all experience regarding the site would be the same or similar. Sad really.

Daykie

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole but I can only imagine that for a lot of buyers it would be enough to put them off bidorbuy. Surely the powers that be should seriously assess whether or not all the negative comments at hello peter and bad word of mouth are worth continuing to let him carry on? A lot of money gets spent by BOB on advertising but just one bad experience for a newcomer could be more than enough to undo all of that. So maybe a more proactive approach should be taken? Just a thought.

Obviously those who are seasoned bidorbuyers know there are only a few bad apples but if one of the biggest sellers has a bad attitude it affects business for everyone.

jacque31
I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole but I can only imagine that for a lot of buyers it would be enough to put them off bidorbuy. Surely the powers that be should seriously assess whether or not all the negative comments at hello peter and bad word of mouth are worth continuing to let him carry on? A lot of money gets spent by BOB on advertising but just one bad experience for a newcomer could be more than enough to undo all of that. So maybe a more proactive approach should be taken? Just a thought.

Obviously those who are seasoned bidorbuyers know there are only a few bad apples but if one of the biggest sellers has a bad attitude it affects business for everyone.

110% I agree with you on that. The thing is just why are people continuing supporting sellers like this? They don't know, not reading the forums, not as clued up about the inner workings? ! Oh nice avatar (at long last) - even though Nintendo is written all over it:p

Vinyl Lady Decals

This is exactly what concerns me. All sellers on BoB are tarred with the same brush by those who only hear of a bad experience and as a result, avoid BoB. One big bad seller can do more damage than all the good all the other sellers do.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI All

This must be most discussed seller on BOB.Is it a case of any publicity is good publicity?

Apart from the service issues which continue to be raised i am astounded by the comments posted to some of the buyers in the ratings reply.

It is as if these buyers are treated with total disdain!!I have been in retail for most of my working days and if i ever spoke or gave such flippant answers to any of my clients i would have been without a job or without a business to run.

NEIL

mellowred

@ ATA ... that is my point exactly why do people continue to buy from him?

However, having said that, I just went and looked at one item as if I were a prospective new buyer. The ratings percentage (97.92%) looks ok; there are pretty stars next to his name; there is a large number (25398) next to these stars; the listing is professional.

As a first time buyer, I may not know to look further.

Perhaps the bit about "check sellers ratings" should be changed to "BEFORE YOU BID OR BUY - CHECK THE SELLERS RATINGS" in bold flashing text.

This does not just apply to DanKing - there are a few big sellers out there who have a nasty attitude which may not be apparent from the pages that first time buyers would read.

lilythepink

Good proposal, mellowred. I second it.

MsPlod

me fourth

A bit like this...

0001_check.gif

:P - or is it a little too flashy - hah hah hah;)

lilythepink

Well, well, well. This might put all buyers off but it is most effective and I think all sellers approve! ;)

mellowred
A bit like this...

0001_check.gif

:P - or is it a little too flashy - hah hah hah;)

Shew - there are a few sellers that may try to get that one wiped off :o. Lovely stuff MsPlod :D.

Vinyl Lady Decals

I agree, very necessary, but perhaps we should try not to give prospective buyers a migraine at the same time??? ROFLMAO:D

RAJRULES1

Hi all. This seller filed an SNC this week on 2 naildryers ( of 5 items in total) I bought on the 9th Aug, paid fully on the 10th Aug and when I eventually received the tracking number, found out it was only posted on the 28th Aug, a full 20 days after I paid.

Anyway, I managed to win the 2 nail dryers for R1 each but paid the quoted combined rate requested. Nail Care Sets & Kits - Professional Nail Dryer !!! was sold for R1.00 on 9 Aug at 23:31 by DanKing in Springs (ID:24112604)

When I received my package on the 4th Sept, I found that the 2 Nail dryers were not sent. I immediately sent an email to the seller giving details and waited.

Today, I find that he had filed an SNC stating that I have agreed to a refund (of the R2) and that he has requested my banking details. This is a big lie as he has never communicated this to me in any way. He also stated that he does not have any working nail dryers in stock at the moment and therefore wants to give the refund instead. I immediately looked at the items he has on sale and found this: Nail Care Sets & Kits - Professional Nail Dryer !!! for sale in Springs (ID:24988925) which closes tomorrow on the 8 Sept. So how is he selling items he does not have??

I think that the SNC is misused whenever a seller wants to get out of an unprofitable deal. I therefore appealed this SNC and will only accept the items I paid for.

My message to all sellers is that if you cannot afford to have some of your items go for R1 sometimes, rather put it up as a BUY NOW item.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hello Rajrules

While I understand you are having a serious problem with this seller, please don't make generalisations.

Not all sellers would use an SNC to get out of an unprofitable deal. This is exactly the type of "tarring with the same brush" that I was talking about in previous posts on this thread.

In the meantime, I suggest you forward all details regarding this transaction to hello@bidorbuy.co.za and attach all emails between yourself and the seller as well as referencing the SNC. Ask them to investigate and inform them that at no time did the seller contact you regarding a refund.

Kind regards and good luck.

SProducts

Hahahaha, you guys Danking is going to give you all revenge negative commemts for all your negative comments about him.

On a serious note, I dealt with Danking early when all was still well and no negative comment. Shippimg fees stopped me, they're very high.

I agree with you guys these affects all other sellers as well and mostly the buyers who leave BoB with a bad taste.

There's been like tons of complaints about him everywhere, the forum, hello peter, ratings and everyone blames BoB for protecting him.

I think BoB needs to set the record straight about Danking, its been going for long time.

Sipho

Little Miss Muffet

What is up?

Angry_man_2.gif.9241853e145eef1e172609677de4589f.gif

Mad about Jack

Very appropriate slogan.....Unforgettable online shopping