Sign in to follow this  
jacsch

Danking

jacsch

I have paid Danking within 24 hours of winning the bid and only received my parcel 5 weeks later and then they give me a bad rating. Is that right? I see many users complain about them and they keep making excuses via emial thats its B.O.B thats slow. Please can anyone just have a word with them?

jacque31
Is that right? I see many users complain about them

I don't know the whole story here and i'm not saying the one or the other is right - but i have to agree with you that i have seen this seller's name pop up a few times about buyers complaining/unhappy ect.

Sure he sells a lot and is no doubt making good money for BoB, but for example check for the last month 33 neg ratings. Sure that is nothing in the average % but none the less is 33 really unhappy customers. Surely each one that buys on BoB is important and not only the unhappy buyers say for example from a seller with small number off sales with 50%pos.

Had a quick look and loads are complaining of the speed...maybe to much sales?

Again i'm not accusing anybody of anything - just something of interest and want to hear the rest's opinion.

As for what you can do is appeal the rating by contacting BoB if you feel it was unfair, they will help you out. Hope you get it sorted;)

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Anyone remember the movie ,The Untouchables??

NEIL

lilythepink

Revenge negative ratings will be removed by BoB. Just contact communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za if you are unhappy about having been rated negatively. Give BoB ALL the info you have, i.e. auction and order numbers, copies of emails (if any) between you, etc. BoB are very fair.

DestinysAngels

:)Contact hello@bidorbuy.co.za, they help instantly, i know this for a fact and they're awesome too!

gypseygirl

I won 2 auctions from this seller on 28 May and made payment within an hour of winning, items only received 11 June (2 weeks) and was not lying at the Post Office either as my neighbour works there and brings the parcel the day it arrives. Will not rate this seller as I can see from his profile that he does not rate buyers unless they rate him - then he gives the same either negative or neutral.

jacque31
I won 2 auctions from this seller on 28 May and made payment within an hour of winning, items only received 11 June (2 weeks) and was not lying at the Post Office either as my neighbour works there and brings the parcel the day it arrives. Will not rate this seller as I can see from his profile that he does not rate buyers unless they rate him - then he gives the same either negative or neutral.

In my opinion that's unfair as ratings should be given after payment was received. As the terms/agreement has been met by the buyer! Surely something can be done about this?

Miss Jewels

Been there myself. Also complained to BoB. Their feedback was that they have spoken to him on various occassionS, but yes, the rating abuse still continues! We need to made a stand against these types of sellers. And I'm not only blaming DanKing, there are other too. Send BoB an e-mail via communitiywatch@bidorbuy.co.za regarding your experience with rating abuse.

jacque31
Been there myself. Also complained to BoB. Their feedback was that they have spoken to him on various occassionS, but yes, the rating abuse still continues! We need to made a stand against these types of sellers. And I'm not only blaming DanKing, there are other too. Send BoB an e-mail via communitiywatch@bidorbuy.co.za regarding your experience with rating abuse.

I agree with your approach, but the thing is most people deal with these types of sellers once and then never again - so when it happens they just leave it. Only people very active on BoB take their ratings serious. So the sellers doing like this can get away with it pretty much most of the times as most buyers don't bother taking it further. But i don't know why they don't check the ratings before they purchase as i will not purchase from the mentioned seller knowing that so many people complain about him. Although he has lots of sales and a good % i still would not go there.

Hands on Diy

Sellers like this i stay away from to, the seller in question I have wanted to purchase a few times from but when you look at his neg & nutrals one day and then a few days later half the negs have been removed so one wonders how accurate his rating % is, all the comments relate to the same issue of he is in a huge hurry to get your money but tomorrow is another day attitude on the postage. also yes he does seem to wait for you to rate him first and then rate you the same.

jacque31

So why isn't BoB doing about this rating nonsense that is going on here? Why can the seller have all the time to rate once the buyer has followed through with the agreement?

jacsch

Hi this is my original post and i have spoken to a few other buyers. You email DANKING and no reply, then you phone them also no reply. But give DANKING a neagive rating 2 a clock in the morning believe me its instant effect and instant email on why you give them bad ratings. Its sad when companies make good business with B.O.B they always tend to forget who is the little guy who got hem there in the first place......

babyface2

i agree with all comments about this seller. another thread about him was closed very fast when you say something about him:o bought from him once never again

acjac

fail seller

here's my story, won this R1 auction for a webcam, paid it within minutes after the auction closed, sent him proof and he confirmed payment received. I noticed his postage delay is like a week before he posts but that was fine, then I get the webcam and its not as described in the listing:

1. his listing claims "* Pixels: 350K pixels or 1.3MP - 5.0MP by software" never heard of this nor can I find anything on google about software that can increase your mega-pixels.

2. his listing claims "* Built-in Microphone" but this webcam does not have a 3.2mm cable to connect to your sound card (as other webcams with built in mic's do) nor does it have a usb sound card built in to give mic capability.

3. "* Additional Function: 10x Digital Zooms, Face Tracking, Digital Frame, Image Effect" the webcam came with no software, it is the "driverless" kind, so how do I use these features?

so I emailed him on 27 August 2010 asking about the above-mentioned and where I could get the software to attain this 5.0MP.

I have had NO REPLY from him. So on 01 Sep 2010 23:00 I decided as I have had no response I would rate him neutral as the item was not exactly as described and he does not respond to emails.

02 Sep 2010 05:34 I receive a NEUTRAL rating from him (why, I can't understand because I paid immediately) and the comment says "We already informed you that we can not assist you to install the item, please cosult your IT department" which is a blatant LIE because I use gmail and have never had problems with it, I always receive my email.

I believe this was a childish "revenge rating" as I see is common on BOB from this seller.

I can only hope others read the forums before buying from this person. You can't trust all the positive ratings and gold stars because most buyers fear negative revenge ratings so they rate positive.

This makes the whole rating system useless. :mad:

kyle2

This is one of the reasons why Eb*y stopped sellers from giving negative ratings, which is in itself not fair, but buyers are able to give ratings with out fear of reprisals, but it leaves the system open to abuse from buyers, which does happen.

Unfortunately the rating system is an honesty based system, and there are people who operate ouside of this moral area.:(

SAMMI H

This Seller is a clown

i am so full of anger over this guy i am willing to to make sugestions i know are wrong bob is not goning to cut off the hand that feeds it so i think we should all go to our nearest i-net cafe reg a bogus account and bid R1000 on each item he sells he will soom get the message we dont want him on bob when his income is stoped just a thought BOB suspend me if u want for this but i am gatvol for this seller

lilythepink

Revenge is never sweet, SAMMI H. Rather just don't bid on his items, as others have decided to do.

SAMMI H

I agree revenge is never sweet but prevention is better than a cure

how many other buyers will fall into same trap before he is stoped if BOB will stop it at all

mellowred

I know this will make me unpopular again, but the rating system is there for a purpose.

Obviously people are buying from DanKing because they assume they are getting a bargain. The guy is open with his terms and conditions, and postage rates.

I took a look at his items almost a year ago and considered buying from him for resale. Checking the T&Cs and postage rates made me decide against it. Reading the ratings and his responses confirmed my gut feeling.

So why oh why do others still buy from him ? :confused:

His overall % is not bad, but you have to realise that YOU could be one of the unhappy ones and that nothing is going to be done about it. He is very blatant in his replies to negatives and is obviously not going to go out of his way to right a perceived wrong.

I'm sorry, but in this case the phrase "buyer beware" comes to mind.

ClickandShip

I suppose if I ever had any fans on this forum, after what I am about to say...

Month end (Wednesday 25 August) brought the close of around 200 Items for us. By Friday I was wrapping parcels with my eyes shut and knew the post office staff by the smell of their deoderant, even had to break from 'Weekend is family time' policy and was posting out on Saterday too.

Monday morning up and printing bank statements by 6am, wrapping and packaging all the way. Monday moring at about 11:30am I get back from the post office to get sarted on the next batch to find a Negative Rating from a buyer that paid Saterday saying ''NO COMMUNICATION AND NO TRACKING NUMBER''

Really???

DanKing IMMEDIATELY came to mind!

I now have serious understanding. I struggled intensely with around 200 parcels, he is dealing with around 1000 at a time! SHOO!!

To top it off, our Post Office had no electricity on Tuesday so could not take my parcels, today being grant day, I joined the que of over 120 people (with NO aircon:()

The big thing (for me at least) I focus immediately on getting parcels wrapped and sent. Number 1 Prioroty.

However when you have 101 buyers emailing you for information that has already been sent in the congratulatory email, asking for specific receipt of payment or (the worst) wanting to know if you have more of this or something else of interest... It gets alot. Then you get the Negative/Neateral for No response. AI!

I also considered telling my buyers to wait 2 weeks for their parcels!

mellowred

@ clickandship - great story, thanks for the giggle.

When you saw that negative rating, I bet you felt like giving clicking your fingers on the keyboard and shipping that parcel to the dustbin. "You want it come fetch it" :D

lilythepink

I think you're doing a great job, ClickandShip! Wow! Congratulations. :)

jacque31
I suppose if I ever had any fans on this forum, after what I am about to say...

Month end (Wednesday 25 August) brought the close of around 200 Items for us. By Friday I was wrapping parcels with my eyes shut and knew the post office staff by the smell of their deoderant, even had to break from 'Weekend is family time' policy and was posting out on Saterday too.

Monday morning up and printing bank statements by 6am, wrapping and packaging all the way. Monday moring at about 11:30am I get back from the post office to get sarted on the next batch to find a Negative Rating from a buyer that paid Saterday saying ''NO COMMUNICATION AND NO TRACKING NUMBER''

Really???

DanKing IMMEDIATELY came to mind!

I now have serious understanding. I struggled intensely with around 200 parcels, he is dealing with around 1000 at a time! SHOO!!

To top it off, our Post Office had no electricity on Tuesday so could not take my parcels, today being grant day, I joined the que of over 120 people (with NO aircon:()

The big thing (for me at least) I focus immediately on getting parcels wrapped and sent. Number 1 Prioroty.

However when you have 101 buyers emailing you for information that has already been sent in the congratulatory email, asking for specific receipt of payment or (the worst) wanting to know if you have more of this or something else of interest... It gets alot. Then you get the Negative/Neateral for No response. AI!

I also considered telling my buyers to wait 2 weeks for their parcels!

To some extend I agree with you - you can get some difficult buyers. But with things being bought and 2 days later giving a negative for whatever reason isn't the problem which loads of buyers are having with this particular seller. Some wait for weeks and weeks, others don't get what was described, very rude behavior ect. Now I never bought from him and never will after all that I have heard.

Secondly I don't care if he has 5000 orders a day, if he can't keep up or the service is lacking because of the amount of orders - then that is his problem not the buyer's.

Vinyl Lady Decals

I am sure I read somewhere that he has staff working for him, I don't know where.

If this is the case, then there shouldn't be a problem with him being able to deal with so many orders at one time.

At the very least, he should be answering his emails or set up an auto-responder to send his emails for him at preset times so that buyers don't feel they are being neglected. It will cost a bit to have a good wone, but will cut down on a lot of unhappiness.

Either way, this isn't good as a new buyer will get an overall bad impression of BoB from this seller and as you know, "The best advertising is by word of mouth." So, guess what kind of advertising our selling platform is getting from all these bad experiences with this and other bad sellers.

This is the part that irks me the most. We sellers are all tarred with the same brush, whether we are guilty or not.

SAMMI H

it is not just the time to send the goods i do understand the volume takes time but some people have a valid problem they cant call he does not answer cant e-mail same thing you cant give a rating you get the same rating back what do we do just sit back and say forget it and move on