Sign in to follow this  
RAG Auctioneers

Category Listing Over-rated?

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

We have sold a specific item numerous times on the Crazy Wednesday Auction, usually getting around R250 every time.

This week we decided to promote it even further with a Category enhancement to see what we could get.

It got a record low of R120!!!

Your guys thoughts?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I've not had luck with the highlighted listings but have only tried them twice so I don't think my opinion is really of much weight here. Am also interested to hear what others have to say ...

meeks    10
meeks
I've not had luck with the highlighted listings but have only tried them twice so I don't think my opinion is really of much weight here. Am also interested to hear what others have to say ...

The highlighted option means ZILCH!!!!! It costs R10 for the option, and has absolutely no impact- in my experience

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

I sold a hard drive for R350 (On Crazy Wednesday with Category Promotion).

The buyer did not pay (SNC and a negative followed, but besides my point)

We resold it on the Crazy Wed auction again with no Category promotion. It has gone for R350 again.

Category promotions (along with highlights) are still not proving themselves for me.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

I haven't listed anything on the crazy auctions for months but seeing the trend of bi-coloured gems reaching great prices recently, I dug out my stock and listed some this week. Only to be severely disappointed with the prices they're fetching! All four gems are currently way below cost! Ouch... (even the 9ct gold chain that is listed is going too cheap!)

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

When you say,65 gram do you mean under 1 gram?

Sounds very little for a whole gold chain.

I have a piece of 2 broken gold chains that weigh 3,3gram

Cali Craft and Gems

@ Geewhiz

Yes, it is less than one gram. It is a fine ladies chain. Being delicate and the Singapore link, one does not necessarily have to put a pendant on it.

I have delicate / fine gold crosses available too that are advertised with the chain at my supplier, but would personally not have a pendant with it as it would detract from it's beauty.

Regards,

CCG

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

It is pretty.

Cali Craft and Gems

The Singapore / Sing link is beautiful! I gave my mom one for Mother's day and she cherishes it! Now just to persuade hubby to buy me one!

davan    10
davan

I feel that the Highlighted listing and Category listings work for me.

I have noticed remarkable increase in sales with by using the different options.