Sign in to follow this  
RISadler

Why can't we view Personal Offers?

RISadler

And how's that good from the buyers' point of view?

mellowred

It's not ... but is very fair on the seller :P

Wizard Sales

Its a fairness point of view, as all sellers have a right to get the best possible price for their product. It would hinder the sales of all sellers who made personal offers if buyers could see the prices offered on them.

From a buyers point of view, it can be good as well. If buyers could see the prices of personal offers and place their bids accordingly, there is a very good chance that they would not receive any personal offers at all as sellers would not want to have their auction prices lowered by the situation. That way, they would have to push their bids up anyway if they wanted the product, and would not have a chance to hope for a second chance offer if the bids went over their budget.

I, for one, would not make any personal offers if the buyers could see the prices of them, as that would mean my final sales prices would drop due to it. So in that way, buyers would have to push the prices up anyway with bids, and have no chance of getting it at a "second best" bid price.

I think it is a very just and fair practice as it is now.

RISadler

I do not agree, but since this is the way the BoB system works, so be it.

mellowred
From a buyers point of view, it can be good as well. If buyers could see the prices of personal offers and place their bids accordingly, there is a very good chance that they would not receive any personal offers at all as sellers would not want to have their auction prices lowered by the situation.

I do agree.

To me you have solved the puzzle of why we can't view personal offers, and what you say makes sense.