Sign in to follow this  
RISadler

Sort options under primary category...

RISadler    10
RISadler

Sometimes when I'm bored or waiting for a programme to compile, I browse BoB to see what's on auction. What I like to do is peruse the listings under the primary categories (e.g. Antique and collectable items for sale or Stamps, new and used, for sale), but I would also like to be able to sort the listing like we can do under the secondary categories (e.g. by price or newly listed). Any possibility of this?

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

This is already there but not on the immediate top-level category page. We use the top-level category page to maximise benefits for sellers to list featured/premium items.

You can already sort and filter once you hit the next-page on the top-category - i.e. look at the following link for Antiques: Antique and collectable items for sale. This applies to every category page.

The top-category page is also a bit of a hybrid between featured/premium items, top-sellers and articles. Over time our category managers will improve on the category pages and look & feel as well as functionality will change.

Right now it will "cost you" two clicks to get to the sorting/filtering. Not quite ideal but a compromise.

RISadler    10
RISadler

Ah... go to primary category... go to page two... select sort criteria... and the system goes automatically back to page one and sorted...

Acceptable. Thanks!