Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SkyeCreations

Bulk Lots

17 posts in this topic

Any of the smaller sellers thought of making up a consortium to import larger quantities - which normally results in a reduced price and then distribute it in smaller quantities?

Just a question - I've thought about this before, lots of in-and-outs to work out, but something to think about.

Looking for some views here. Will it work/not work. Worth the risk ?

Ideas?

team work

Only if you get the right group together.

Idea

That would be the idea - it would have to be a select group of people that can trust each other and all come to the party come payment / ordering time.

Anybody interested ? Got some ideas.

Anybody interested ? Got some ideas.

Ja, sure this is a good idea. But what kind of products?

Hi - I've got lots of ideas, but minimum capital. The idea is to get like minded buyers together especially ones that have offline stores as well if possible so we don't all compete on BoB or split the items up so we are not all selling the same thing. Interested parties can let me know what there interests are - I'm looking at costume jewelry, soft toys and items new to the SA market at the moment. But, any items that have a decent money-making potential will be considered. :)

I'm keen... where to from here?

i think what you guys need is PapaChina

Just Check it out PapaChina

bulk lots

Hi there

if you are looking for bulk lots i can help as I have very small minimums on my jewellery and the prices are very good for the quality of goods. contact me if you are interested.

We do crystal jewellery check out the www at the botton of ths page. be great for selling on here

regards

james

Network power

Yes, I have also been thinking about the power of such a cohesive network within the looser larger network.

For example:

If there were say five people in such a team, spread around the country, each could hold some of every other members stock. Shipping would occur from the nearest node to the customer, and the savings transferred to the customer - or pocketed.

I'm sure such a system could be implemented in a way that is fair to all; without the need for a naive amount of trust.

Hi - mabye some ideas on implementation. I'm very interested in starting something like this, but have had only 2 responses so far.

Implementation

Oops! Sorry Cazstar1; seems I posted a new thread last night instead of replying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:oops: Hmm, you got me on my weakest spot. Implementation of good ideas is the thing that I most need to work on. I am still to launch my range of Nutritional Supplements on BoB. My day job has become (and will remain for about 4 more months) a 300hrs/month affair; so I'm looking for a good Trade Broker to run things for me.

I certainly don't have all the answers, but hope to provoke some unforseeable consequences. This after having been stimulated by the 1st post in this thread!

A ring of Trade Brokers operating as a single entity, would certainly have the economies of scale in their favour, with regard to both supply and distribution.

The team could have a dual nature. Operating as a single entity in certain situations, while going semi-solo in others.

For example:

When buying as a unit it may be more efficient to sell as a single unit (at least as far as BoB is concerned), with each node shipping to the nearest customer for the sake of the group.

With each member's Pet Projects, Semi-Solo would be good:

Every member has a One Month Delayed Account for Favour Swapping with every other member. At the end of each month accounts are balanced.

Perhaps I'm being naive here, but I think limiting your group to established Trade Brokers, would eliminate some of the trust issues.

What BoB has given us is a phenomenal place where numerous buyers and sellers meet. What it needs is a supply and distribution system to match.

Maybe if a few people could give some ideas of the items they are looking to sell - I mainly do jewelry, collectables and toys, but I am prepared to look at anything that might be profitable though.

I was in Import/Export for a number of years and have quite a few contacts, plus I have picked up some great new suppliers as well. The ones that allow small orders, I buy from already, but the ones that need minimums of 1000+ pieces, although the prices are great and the products look good, I haven't been able to purchase from.

I'm fairly central and will be prepared to handle all the documentation involved in the importation and the distribution from here to all the other people involved. But, I need to know that the other people involved will definately pay etc before orders are placed, and will be prepared to sell their share of the goods ordered as well.

Trade Brokers :- Anyone can register for this, and from what I've heard from some of the people that I have done Trade Brokering for, they are not all that reliable. I'd prefer to work with people that have a proven track record, here or elsewhere, but often they already have a good supply network set up and arent interested.

Some ideas ??

Jewellery Imports

Hi, we are importers of high quality costume jewellery and have had great success at it. Due to a large amount of requests on our public website for stainless steel jewellery, we have looked into moving our attention in that direction. We have two wholesale suppliers in the states and 8 manufactures in mainland china who are prepared to do business with us.

How ever the manufactures have large MOQ's, such that one style of bracelet would cost in the region of R8000. We have the means to purchase such items, how ever lack in people to distribute the items fast enough. The stainless steel bracelets retail around R380 to R600, we can sell then to those that are interested for about R150 each, provided 10 are purchased per purchase order.

The second alternative would be like you mentioned to form an alliance of buyers, having said that you would need a team of no less than 5 buyers, 10 would be the ideal amount, all would have to agree that if all sell on BOB that they will sell at the same price to even the playing field, or have one week on and one week off rotation system to sell on BOB. If you can assemble 5 or more buyers I will introduce you to my manufacturer who sells those bracelets that retail for R380 to R600 for a price R48 a 1000% markup plus.

Please contact me as son as you have a team together, so we can all benefit from the large discounts given to those that purchase large.

lightening

Please note you are note allowed to post contact details in the forum.

regards

Shane

Importing

Hi, I am new to BoB and also have limited funds, but would be interested. I have imported a few things from China and found that the shipping is the killer, when buying smaller numbers the shipping costs can equal the cost of the product.

I am more into electronics. My suggestion would be that one or 2 suppliers are identified, then the members of the consortium select what they want and deposit their funds into an administrators bank account together with calculated import duties etc. The order is then placed on the supplier/s and when the goods arrive the import duties/VAT is paid. Any excess payments can be held for the next shipment or refunded.

Just a thought...

Cazstar1,

Did you get this to work?

Adult toys

Hi - I've got lots of ideas, but minimum capital. The idea is to get like minded buyers together especially ones that have offline stores as well if possible so we don't all compete on BoB or split the items up so we are not all selling the same thing. Interested parties can let me know what there interests are - I'm looking at costume jewelry, soft toys and items new to the SA market at the moment. But, any items that have a decent money-making potential will be considered. :)

I think you have a good idea -I would be interested in the more discreet type of toy for the adult market.

Thanks,