Sign in to follow this  
Veto111

Live Auctions in Cape Town!!!

wayjen

ha ha ha i know she is over the moon at the stuff standing our place full and wants to go to one before the school starts.

the prices are mindblowing to say the least.

lilythepink

Yes, it's absolutely amazing how prices go. If you're the only one bidding it's fantastic and you get bargains and if someone else wants the thing more than you the prices can be totally unrealistic. I remember many years ago when the carpet factory burnt down in East London and they were selling "water-logged and smoke damaged" carpets - which were filthy - and people were bidding more than the new, good carpets were selling for. I was at that auction and I just stood back, totally flabbergasted. (Needless to say, I didn't bid on any of the carpets!)

There's quite a difference, definitely more excitement, about actually being present during a live auction - compared with online bidding.

voldermort
Yes, it's absolutely amazing how prices go. If you're the only one bidding it's fantastic and you get bargains and if someone else wants the thing more than you the prices can be totally unrealistic. I remember many years ago when the carpet factory burnt down in East London and they were selling "water-logged and smoke damaged" carpets - which were filthy - and people were bidding more than the new, good carpets were selling for. I was at that auction and I just stood back, totally flabbergasted. (Needless to say, I didn't bid on any of the carpets!)

There's quite a difference, definitely more excitement, about actually being present during a live auction - compared with online bidding.

& when somebody bids higher than you on an item you wanted, you have the satisfaction of giving them a "if looks could kill" glare :D

tramps

hi guys. yes auctions can be fun whether buying or selling. if selling though you should always have a positive outlook and be prepared to lose your money. we have been doing auctions for many years and even made a good living from it until we started selling furniture. money was good but it was like moving house every day. have fun while you can