Sign in to follow this  
BeadsandBaubles

Good Morning All

BeadsandBaubles

How are all you Happy Crafters this chilly but bright morning?:D

It looks like crafting is taking SA by storm - have never seen so many craft shops and online portals like I have been noticing lately. I give the credit to bidorbuy, they opened the can of worms and now its breeding unchecked. Lets hope it keeps on hooking the fish.

Why doesn't anyone post here anymore? Huh, huh, huh :P This morning I'm feeling a bit delirious, "min slaap" - I seriously need a partner, been on the road four days running supplies to a few customers so apologies to any and all for delayed postage :cool:

Yesterday I visited a commune for homeless people, wow, it's really sad - and I'm not talking about young, fit and healthy families that can still go out and find jobs - this commune is for retirees that never made provision for old age, youngsters that suffer some physical or mental disability, young girls that have had babies and nowhere to go, all the ignored and misunderstood people that we like to overlook. So why am I telling you this, you may ask :confused:. Well, 'cos I have never before seen such a beautiful array of recycled, handcrafted goods before. These people have got such talent, but no funds and no resources to market their goods. The commune is not too far out of the mainstream, but they are all virtually penniless so cannot even get to somewhere they might be able to sell. It's very very sad. The grounds however where they live are enormous (an old primary school that was donated to the homeless) parking is available and place to put up stalls. All they would need is a sponser, infrastructure and some marketing.

Anyways, I am busy negotiating with a few of them to advertise their products on bidorbuy, and hope to have a few delectable goodies up by mid June. I hope there are some that are still into handcrafted goods and I can make a small meaningful contribution to the plight of the homeless.

Anyways, how about some more posts here. What is everyone up to and what new delectable products have you got available?

Stay well, All and Happy Crafting

Sandy

lilythepink

Hi Sandy. You can count on me to pass on beads and other craft stuff which I no longer use. Please PM me if you have ideas. Thanks

BeadsandBaubles

Lily the Generous

Hiya Lily the Generous-hearted

Wow, thanks so much for the kind offer, but No, I'm not trying to appropiate freebies (anyone who reads this post) after all you guys don't know me, I could be trying to get stuff for myself:p. It would be difficult for me to prove where the goodies are going, and what if you send something I REALLY like and want to keep? (jk)

All I'm asking is please look out for the listings, if you see something you could really find a place for in your home or garden, and only if you really want it, then pls consider placing an order. I will post a notice in any listing where this applies.

I am not clued up as to bidorbuys rules on charity auctions, but the way I see it, I will purchase these goods myself and then list them - this way seems the best to me. These people just need a market, which I hope to provide, and the goods are really lovely and I am certain will sell.

I would not know where to begin on collecting goods for charity, lol - I am sure there are some legal rammifications, so I will just go the easiest way. I do not intend to make money on these goods so will list at the price I paid for them, if someone cares to bid them higher then that will be my profit. If not, then no loss to myself - as long as I make sure that what I buy I can use myself (in the event of no sales ;))

As an example, I paid R50 for an old recycled metal drum, and it's really gorgeous, the metal has been cut in gorgeous masks and ethnic patterns around the drum, almost a sort of filigree in large. Repainted with a gunmetal colouring. I now have a lovely ornamental drum on my pavement, where I place my garden refuse for collection. And if that's not really cheap, then I don't know.

Do you think something like this would sell on bidorbuy? That's just the big stuff, the garden and home goodies they make from recycling is fantastic, and all very useable.

lilythepink

Am happy to make up a BoB order for you for R1.00 (I'll cover postage and Bob's commission!) Then we won't be breaking any laws! And I won't SNC you if you don't pay! lol

mellowred

Hi B&B you shoud check with booksallsizes. She sells on behalf of a charity, and should be able to give you some tips.

admin

Hi BeadsandBaubles,

This is what you need :

1.19. Charity auctions and requests for donations may not be listed without the prior consent of bidorbuy, you will need to provide the charity's NPO or Fund Raising number, including a letter from the charity confirming that you may collect funds on their behalf.

Listing Policy

lilythepink

But, Andries, if I sell something to BB for R1.00 and pay commission to BoB, then legally it can't be considered as a "donation" - or can it?