Sign in to follow this  
Honeypark

New to BoB: Shipping a single large(ish) item?

Honeypark

Hi there, I'm new to BoB so I hope I can get some advice. I'm wanting to auction a single wooden rocking horse, but am battling to find a reasonable price for shipping it - either through couriers, or the furniture removal companies (all seem to be in the region of R2000 up). The dimensions are 83cm, 50cm, 119cm at 24kg. Any ideas of where to get further quotes? I don't want to put something up for auction and then the shipping price scares potential buyers off! Thanks

MsPlod

Just a thought?

Hi there, I'm new to BoB so I hope I can get some advice. I'm wanting to auction a single wooden rocking horse, but am battling to find a reasonable price for shipping it - either through couriers, or the furniture removal companies (all seem to be in the region of R2000 up). The dimensions are 83cm, 50cm, 119cm at 24kg. Any ideas of where to get further quotes? I don't want to put something up for auction and then the shipping price scares potential buyers off! Thanks

You might try a collection ONLY auction or buy now? You have to make ABSOLUTELY sure that there is not confusion about the collection part through... So any buyers have to live close to you!

mellowred

You could try SAPO - The parcel length limit is 1m but their tariff books indicate that they also carry non-parcel items - at a different rate but I'm sure it will not be any where near R2,000. You are within the 30kg limit so it would be worth a phone call.

Postnet also carry 24kg parcels.

But if you are in a well populated area, MsPlod is right, the collection only thing would be a good start.

Honeypark

Thanks to you both for your advice. I've officially ventured into the world of BoB!

MsPlod

Best of luck!

Thanks to you both for your advice. I've officially ventured into the world of BoB!

Hope all goes well for you...:)