Sign in to follow this  
Little Miss Muffet

Postage Charges Up Again

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

I have been informed by my post office that a small item that goes in a bubble envelope that cost round R17-R19 will now cost R25

I normally charge R25 for this with packaging costs and will now have to charge R30- R35

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

This is most interesting. Why was this increase not shown when the new tariff booklet came out? I must check this with my local PO.

babyface2    10
babyface2

as far as i know postage charges goes up once a year normally 1 april.:o

Asha Craft Jewellery    10
Asha Craft Jewellery

Well, my insured parcels have gone up R13 PER parcel last week. Where I usually charged R25 (which included envelope, organza bag, fuel charges, etc) I now have to charge R33, and absorb the rest of the charges from my profit. I refuse to charge so much for posting a parcel, but what can I do?

The postoffice is soooo ripping us off! :mad:

kebs    10
kebs

Just back from my post office & they don't know anything about the new cost for econoparcels.. Last time, with the insurance increase, it was about a week before it got to them. I asked them to let me know ASAP if they hear anything as this means I will have to increase postage prices again!:mad:

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

it seems like with every post office they charge different prices like they want to. Corruption indeed.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

From the info I have been given, we can't post insured parcels at econoparcel (under 1 kg) rates anymore.

The 1 kg parcel rate applies at a minimum and then insurance is added on top of that.

If the parcel is not insured and under 1 kg, econoparcel rates apply at R18.15 (approximately)

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Yes, Tananka, that is how I see it (and how I have been paying for parcels up till now!) Haven't heard about any changes yet at our local PO so let's hope it's not going to happen. :confused:

voldermort    10
voldermort

Well overnight counter to counter has sky-rocketed. Sent an item weighing just over 1kg about a month ago and it cost R82.00 approximately, sent an item today weighing 1,2kg and it cost R105.00. Feeling really ripped off :(

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

@ Voldermort - my kids in Cape Town sent me a Mother's Day present counter-to-counter overnight and, guess what - it was somehow directed to Durban and only got to me mid-week AFTER Mother's Day. The family is not amused with the PO's overnight service, as you can guess.