Sign in to follow this  
Little Miss Muffet

Just Does Not Rate

Little Miss Muffet

When a buyer does not rate me after a certain time I will follow it up to see that all is well.

I have just noticed that one particular seller has never rated me.

She has had 244 ratings from sellers and has rated only 8 of those sellers.

BAD!! BAD!!

Bead Mania Crafts

@geewhiz

Gosh please I know the feeling - I have well over 500 ratings due to me from so many clients - when I occasionally follow up they tell me quite frankly they don't have the time to rate each item - I do try to explain that there is an easier way to rate but frankly they just don't care!!!

Hope your buyer comes around;)

Cali Craft and Gems

@ BMC - Only 500 ratings outstanding? You're lucky!

I've only got 1900 items unrated so far... my ratings should be way over 10000 by now...

I've tried the "friendly rating reminder" route several times, but it just doesn't work.

:(

Vinyl Lady Decals

I find an average of 30% of buyers don't rate me and what's more frustrating is that some have been for purchases of 100 items or more.

I should have over 5000 ratings by now.

I also tried the rating reminder, and I agree, it doesn't work.

luckybird

Here is an idea. maybe Bid or buy could have a automated rating system, if a client is not happy they wont leave a negative or neutral rating, so what is the harm in a system generated rating?

RAG Auctioneers

1. System generated ratings might not work - sometimes a buyer will not rate because he is unhappy. Ratings are very subjective.

2. Some buyers just want to shop online and receive thier goods. They dont take any care nor have the patience to take part in the ratings game.

I dont think the rating number gives a good indication for service level anyway. Your number of ratings is directly proportional to the volume you sell. You may have a seller selling 1000 items per month (and getting 700 positives), but that doesnt indicate that his service level is up to scratch.

Just some thoughts.

kebs

I like that idea.. It could just be a positive with a message like "system generated" so that others know. Then if the buyer is not happy, he can always edit it. But I doubt that will happen - bid or buy don't like to interefere with ratings if possible & I can only imagine the nightmare trying to implement something like that on a computer system..

Vinyl Lady Decals

I dont think the rating number gives a good indication for service level anyway. Your number of ratings is directly proportional to the volume you sell. You may have a seller selling 1000 items per month (and getting 700 positives), but that doesnt indicate that his service level is up to scratch.

Just some thoughts.

This is true sometimes, but not always.

In my case ,I deal with a lot of newbies and they don't always take the time to find out about the ratings system, some don't even know what the point of it is as I was told by one buyer. They don't always understand that this is what a user's reputation is based on and so don't bother.

I always make sure that my service levels are excellent or as good as I can make them. As I work a normal work week, I won't see emails until I get back from work, but that doesn't usually present a problem.

Delicious
I like that idea.. It could just be a positive with a message like "system generated" so that others know. Then if the buyer is not happy, he can always edit it. But I doubt that will happen - bid or buy don't like to interefere with ratings if possible & I can only imagine the nightmare trying to implement something like that on a computer system..

I don't rate till i receive the item (most of the time). Allows me to keep track of purchases. Am still waiting for a watch purchase that is around 2 months old. :o