Sign in to follow this  
librashares

Fifa World Cup 2010?

librashares    10
librashares

[ATTACH]519[/ATTACH]

I know the SAPO is dragging their heels about releasing our South African sheet of 9 stamps for the SAPOA joint issue, launched on 9th April , but still unavailable through Agents, but the fact that a whole bunch of other countries are ahead of the host country is Ridiculous!

Something is very sinister about this stamp seen on auction on Delcampe!

What on earth was the designer thinking, and surely no self respecting country would issue such a design??? Doubleclick on the image and it should enlarge-LOOK CAREFULLY!!!!

dstorm    10
dstorm

Very bad design indeed….

While the guy at the back is appropriately attired, the guy in front (running away from the guy at the back) is not carrying a TV or a cashbox. Complete lack of detail on the designer’s part.

Regards

Jacques

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

lol!! That is funny.

Is that for real?

mellowred    10
mellowred

Welcome to Suid Afrika ;)

librashares    10
librashares

My guess is that the guy in front is running away to save his Rolex and Cellphone. They took his car last week!

Does anyone know if this is an official Dutch issue? Maybe it is an official FIFA issue, and the guy at the back is from the FIFA trademark protection police, and the guy in front is the SAPO who has not yet paid his millions to allow him to issue the South African World Cup stamps.

Does anyone know when this is going to happen? If Ever? Perhaps we have the makings of another Motlanthe issue here. Have the stamps been distributed? Where can one buy the issues of the other SAPOA members?

Mpuma Stamps    10
Mpuma Stamps

I see one of these listed as "VERY RARE". Mmm I can buy them them at my local platteland post office...

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

hi TINUS-that SORT OF ADVERTISING is totally unacceptable as many will get caught-The sheets are now available at local post offices for R51.75 although some do not have them-apparently only 30 000 were printed so they may well be rare someday??NEIL

design_hibo    10
design_hibo
[ATTACH]519[/ATTACH]

I know the SAPO is dragging their heels about releasing our South African sheet of 9 stamps for the SAPOA joint issue, launched on 9th April , but still unavailable through Agents, but the fact that a whole bunch of other countries are ahead of the host country is Ridiculous!

Something is very sinister about this stamp seen on auction on Delcampe!

What on earth was the designer thinking, and surely no self respecting country would issue such a design??? Doubleclick on the image and it should enlarge-LOOK CAREFULLY!!!!

I did some more research on this AK-47 inspired logo. Turns out the design was purely a spoof, but many people searching for the 2010 FIFA World Cup logo came accross this doctored version - which is very similiar to the real thing.

A radio station in Uruguay picked it up and used it in their World Cup coverage.

A TV station in Finland used the logo on their MTV based broadcasts.

A Sports store in New Zealand uploaded the logo to their website and felt the wrath of FIFA

We can all sit back and have a good laugh - espcially since we all know that not everything found on the internet is the real deal :)

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Well, I'm wondering whether the "guy" in the front isn't a woman ... could be a rape victim? Not impossible!!